It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's more evidence that our universe is a Quantum Computer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Quantum entanglement is bull# and the whole quantum theory is based on adhoc assumptions.

First of all, Bell didn't prove #. He just assumed that local realism would require the results of measurements to be linearly proportional to the angle of the fired entangled particles.

This assumption is not challenged by anyone; why it is not challenged, is a mystery to me.

Secondly, the idea that particles are waves and have a function which collapses and then they reveal specific properties is also bull#. I will come around to explaining why the double-slit experiment is bull# below, but for now let's stay with this.

Thirdly, the reason they say entanglement is 'spooky action at a distance' is because they think particles' wave functions collapse and its then that entanglement is created. No sir, entanglement is created when the two particles are created, not when they are measured.

Now, to the double-slit experiment? why it is wrong? it is wrong for the following reasons:

1) what is a particle's wave shape? examples and videos compare this wave with a water wave. A water wave is parallel to the surface of the earth, due to gravity. So it is assumed, in the classical double-slit experiment, where bars are vertical, that the particle wave is flat, like a water wave.

If one does the double-slit experiment by rotating the slits 90 degrees, then the bars appear horizontal!!! what is then the shape of the particle wave? is it flat and parallel to the earth? apparently, this time it is perpendicular to the earth!!!

Now instead of using vertical slits, let's use circular ones. Do we see bars? no, we don't. We see concentric circles. What is the shape of the wave then? is it circular? is it flat? is it parallel or perpendicular to the ground???

If the wave was flat and parallel to the earth, like a water wave, then rotating the slits 90 degrees would make the bars disappear, since the slits width would now be bigger than the wavelength of the particles. But the bars don't disappear, they become vertical!!!

This totally proves that particles are not waves.

A much better explanation for the results of the double-slit experiment, with rotated slits or circular slits, is that particles can't get through the slits (the slits are smaller than the particle wavelengths), and they crash onto the slits, and part of them continues in a trajectory that allows for the bars to appear, depending on the slit orientation.

Putting a detector between the particle gun and the slits changes the outcome of the experiment not because the presence of the detector makes the wave function collapse but because it absorbs the particle, and then reemits a different particle, possibly of lower energy/smaller wavelength, which fits into the slits.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: masterp
Quantum entanglement is bull# and the whole quantum theory is based on adhoc assumptions.

He says, communicating using a technology that wouldn't exist without quantum theory.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Could this be the beginning of an explanation for the Mandela Effect? From your quoted text:

“There really is something very deep going on here about the nature of quantum mechanics and time,” Cotler says. “Our best description of the past is not a fixed chronology but multiple chronologies that are intertwined with each other.”

The only way to reconcile all the observations, Cotler says, is to conclude that the photon went through multiple histories in parallel. When the researchers made the final measurement of the photon, those alternate timelines merged.

edit on AugustWednesday1618CDT04America/Chicago-050024 by FlyInTheOintment because: adding text quoted

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

everything is being computed down to you putting on your socks in the morning to driving home from work at night.

Ok.
Now what? Have you started working on modifying the code? How does one go about doing so?

Is this notion fundamentally different from the ancient idea of predestination?

Isn't there a saying “Anything that can happen ultimately does".....

With regards to the universe being a QC of sorts with predetermined coding, I don't think the universe knows which particular outcome will occur. To counter this thought, I suggest the universe is a blank canvas where there is opportunity for every outcome to actually occur.

People in thread have oversimplified and mysticized the universe as a quantum computer. This generates histrionics that echo thoughts such as we are in a holographic universe or the Matrix. No Neo can relax.
I do think if we view it not from a anthropocentric view of QC it may be worth looking into more.

Reading this thread I asked these two questions:
Is the universe processing information?
Is this information processed in a quantum mechanical way?

If the answer is yes to those two questions, then we have a platform to explore the concept further.

That's all. I need a good book to read on it if anyone has any recommendations (that aren't woo woo)

edit on 18-11-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hmm life quantum foam popping in order or disorder... or just a natural order.

This seems to be the argument.

Subjected to the foam, the patterns get hard to see, objective to the foam they are apparent then transparent.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Very interesting stuff indeed.

I wonder if Brexit and the election of Trump were the results of some error correction code kicking in to fix our society and politics

Ko3

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kid_of_3NKi

It appears a s reboot to the 1980's to me... all the separation and finger pointing. Kind of like a yin and yang... well the two teams pandering both extremes like never before.

So of course an icon of 1980's culture won... we've been living in the 60's and 70's with all the fight for equality. So the fingers came out demanding equality.

So go back in time with minor changes to keep control of what one side thinks was out of control or too far, then try and tip the scales into some balance, while the other side says not far enough the fight for equality isn't over?

So what occured in 1980s? Berlin wall fell as another wants to build one perhaps two... the cold war, this is slightly different except where nato is concerned... it was supposed to make friends out of everyone with Russia as the outsider. Russia has extended it's arms to the world like ith large fires and world tragedies... but old wounds want to say oh no no no instead of moving forward.

Equality says hey we are all humanity we can work together to move forward, instead of like a "millipede with a busted leg "Stewie Griffin(Family Guy). When Belief and ideology becomes a busted leg? Reality gets difficult the dream for what could be or what was kicking all life right between the legs in equality.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't think a computer is a metaphor that will ever apply to the Universe. All computers have discrete clock cycles. I think assuming the Universe has discrete clock cycles is something you have to prove. It seems to me the Universe is more like an analog waveform where everything is connected to everything else. There is nothing discrete about the Universe.

Same thing with consciousness. Consciousness may not exist in a discrete system but everyone loves computers so it's blasphemy to suggest otherwise. Maybe for consciousnesses to exist the roots of perception must exist within the deepest depths of the soil composing reality.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Do all atoms click to the same clock? They have rates of decay coming and going entropy from one into another round and round... from one bubble into another or state of being.

Gold losing one atom becomes lead, both pure elements? Or only a matter in time...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join