It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's more evidence that our universe is a Quantum Computer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The Big Bang was the computer being turned on. 

The Speed of Light is nothing more than the processing speed of the computer.

Most everything we perceive as Tangible is mostly empty; primarily data points.

The double slit experiment shows that observation "changes" particles - the program only adds details to the micro-verse when it is being watched; when it is necessary to procedurally generate a result.

We are all NPC's.

I don't know. But if we are in a computer, it's not going to change anything about anything.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Perhaps the yewniverse is not preprogammed
But a mere Pixel pattern on your sensors governed by the stored information we already possess.....and different for everyone in the appropriate ways (considering POV)
It appears and reacts as the majority of humanity see it represented....
woven out of the underlying strings so to speak....but formed by mass will and expectations or intent....
But apples are apples for all of that...
edit on 14-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527
And a year after that I find out that Stars are used on humans the same way as pixels are used for TV, THANKS neoholographic, SO STOKED !

...Except that's not even remotely true. As for your psychotic episode, have you seen a doctor?

Funny that a person with that kind of Avatar is saying a thing is unreal without testing it by recalibrating the third eye sensors.

It will be so much nicer when we get technologically advanced enough to measure quantum states in real time and can measure with science what people with recalibrated sensors are experiencing.

Even if the information is subjectively influenced do not mean that there is not something there.

I have myself seen a black and white/grey number screen once with my eye closed and when it speed up it become the normal white/grey dot black background.

Are you also saying chakra coloring is a psychotic episode? How much do you really know about third eye sensor recalibration?
edit on 14-2-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is rubbish. The OP, who is ATS’s most indefatigable generator of quantum gobbledygook, substitutes mystical handwaving for genuine understanding and jumps to a meaningless conclusion.

The abstract he quotes shows simply that the price-time series of a stock portfolio (ie a list of its values at a series of fixed time intervals), when plugged into a certain kind of mathematical framework in a certain way, looks like a quantum computer program. Doesn't mean that it is; it means that if you torture the numbers enough, there is a resemblance.

In other words, the stock market (an artificial creation) resembles, in some way, a quantum computer at work. Though whether it really is one is doubtful, and nobody knows what it is computing. Probably nothing; this entire paper is an artificial, speculative exercise in computer modelling. It has, incidentally, absolutely nothing to do with physics.

And it has absolutely no implications whatsoever for the nature of actual reality. Certainly, it does not show that the universe is a quantum computer.

edit on 14/2/16 by Astyanax because: of gobbledygook.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

What???

Your post shows your confusion.

The abstract he quotes shows simply that the price-time series of a stock portfolio (ie a list of its values at a series of fixed time intervals), when plugged into a certain kind of mathematical framework in a certain way, looks like a quantum computer program. Doesn't mean that it is; it means that if you torture the numbers enough, there is a resemblance.

This makes absolutely no sense.

It supports everything I have posted and then you add your subjective nonsense that "if you torture the numbers enough."

Here's the abstract:

In quantum computation, series of quantum gates have to be arranged in a predefined sequence that led to a quantum circuit in order to solve a particular problem. What if the sequence of quantum gates is known but both the problem to be solved and the outcome of the so defined quantum circuit remain in the shadow? This is the situation of the stock market. The price time series of a portfolio of stocks are organized in braids that effectively simulate quantum gates in the hypothesis of Ising anyons quantum computational model. Following the prescriptions of Ising anyons model, 1-qubit quantum gates are constructed for portfolio composed of four stocks. Adding two additional stocks at the initial portfolio result in 2-qubits quantum gates and circuits. Hadamard gate, Pauli gates or controlled-Z gate are some of the elementary quantum gates that are identified in the stock market structure. Addition of other pairs of stocks, that eventually represent a market index, like Dow Jones industrial Average, it results in a sequence of n-qubits quantum gates that form a quantum code. Deciphering this mysterious quantum code of the stock market is an issue for future investigations.

There's no need to torture the numbers, it's very straight forward.

Like I said, this isn't in a vacuum. Here's John Preskill talking about Is Spacetime as a quantum error correcting code.

The problem with pseudoskeptics, is they make these statements that have nothing to do with reality or the evidence presented because they can't accept anything that goes against their pre-existing belief.

edit on 15-2-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

This makes absolutely no sense.

Possibly not to you, but it will to those more familiar with the subject.

By the way, people who post 36-minute videos instead of explaining something themselves are pretty much admitting to the whole world that they don’t understand what they are talking about.

Here's the abstract

Here’s the paper.

edit on 15/2/16 by Astyanax because: of that.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Here's more from an article titled 10 Reasons Why Our Universe is a Virtual Reality:

Quantum Realism: Every virtual reality boots up with a first event that also begins its space and time. In this view, the Big Bang was when our physical universe booted up, including its space-time operating system. Quantum realism suggests that the big bang was really the big rip.

listverse.com...

New model suggests that as the universe expands everything from galaxies to space-time itself will be torn apart - but not for about 22 billion years.

Everything we know, and everything else besides, burst into existence at the Big Bang. Now scientists have concluded that we could be heading for an equally dramatic cosmic finale: the Big Rip.

A new theoretical model suggests that as the universe expands, everything, from galaxies, planets and atomic particles to space-time itself, will eventually be torn apart before vanishing from view.

www.theguardian.com...

Quantum Realism: If the physical world is a virtual reality, it is the product of information processing. Information is defined as a choice from a finite set, so the processing changing it must also be finite, and indeed our world does refresh at a finite rate. A supercomputer processor refreshes 10 quadrillion times a second, and our universe refreshes a trillion, trillion times faster than that, but the principle is the same. As a screen image has pixels and a refresh rate, so our world has Planck Length and Planck Time.

In this scenario, the speed of light is the fastest speed because the network can’t transmit anything faster than one pixel per cycle—i.e., Planck Length divided by Planck Time, or about 300,000 kilometers per second. The speed of light should really have been called the speed of space.

Again, information is growing in these areas and the universe as a Quantum Computer is the only thing that makes sense. M.I.T. Professor Seth Lloyd had it right in that very good book:

Here's more good books to read:

This isn't anything new and the research and information in this area is rapidly growing.

No, people who post 36 minute videos are providing evidence, it's people who are too lazy to spend 36 minutes watching a video who are too blinded by what they already believe, they don't want to watch a 36 minute video that may challenge what they already blindly believe.

I have watched hour long videos that people have posted because I wanted to learn more about the subject and then I could debate it intelligently instead of doing what blind pseudoskeptics do and make these silly comments that have nothing to do with the evidence presented.

For you to complain about a 36 minute video speaks to your lack of curiosity outside of your narrow view of things.
edit on 15-2-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

No, people who post 36 minute videos are providing evidence, it's people who are too lazy to spend 36 minutes watching a video who are too blinded by what they already believe, they don't want to watch a 36 minute video that may challenge what they already blindly believe.

Why can’t you explain it in your own words?

Either you’re too lazy or you don’t understand it yourself. If you can think of another explanation post it here.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Again, your making no sense. I explained it. The title of the thread is more evidence that the universe is a quantum computer. The title of my thread isn't spacetime is a quantum error correcting code. So it would be stupid of me to spend an entire post explaining one video out of the 3 I posted because you're too lazy to watch a 36 minute video.

The point is, spacetime as a quantum error correcting code would make sense in the context of the universe being a quantum computer which is the subject of this thread.

If the universe is updating and rebooting itself it would make sense that spacetime is an error correcting code to ensure the information is preserved after it reboots and updates.

Again, this is why I listed a myriad of videos and links to support the title of the thread which is "Here's more evidence that our universe is a Quantum Computer"

Now, everyone but you understands this and they have responded and debated the issue. If you're too lazy to watch a 36 minute video or you can't comprehend what's being said, then I suggest you actually do some research into areas that don't fit into the little box that you have placed them in.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I believe you and that's all that matters,good job and good research,thanks for answering all my questions ,keep up the good work.Star and star and star for you.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
So who exactly is clicking these hypothetical dots? ...... God?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I believe you and that's all that matters,good job and good research,thanks for answering all my questions ,keep up the good work.Star and star and star for you.

Thanks for the response.

Here's something that's interesting.

Setting aside the fact that today's computational power surely seemed unimaginable 100 years ago, there's a more interesting solution – the computer only actively simulates what it needs to. This is something that actually happens in modern computer games, and you've seen it if you've ever moved faster than your graphics card was capable of rendering the scenery, as the trees and buildings that had previously been beyond your view were drawn on the screen before your eyes. It actually explains a few of the trickier things about quantum physics, like why particles have an indeterminate position until they're observed.

Even more disturbing, it may be a much smaller simulation that you think. There could be just a few active simulation inhabitants, with the rest of the world filled with "non-actor" or NPC characters controlled by the computer. Their actions are only simulated as you perceive them, carefully performed so as to present the illusion that they have entire lives separate from yours. This helps explain why the creepy homeless guy at the end of your street doesn't seem to do much other than hang out and ask you to bring him 10 dire wolf pelts.

io9.gizmodo.com...

This is interesting because it points to the universe preserving processing power. This would be why particles are in an indeterminate state until measured. So pixels(particles) don't appear on the spacetime screen until they're being accessed. It's like this website is stored on a server until it's observed. You see this in the cloud.

Comedian George Carlin has a routine in which he talks about how humans seem to spend their lives accumulating "stuff." Once they've gathered enough stuff, they have to find places to store all of it. If Carlin were to update that routine today, he could make the same observation about computer information. It seems that everyone with a computer spends a lot of time acquiring data and then trying to find a way to store it.

For some computer owners, finding enough storage space to hold all the data they've acquired is a real challenge. Some people invest in larger hard drives. Others prefer external storage devices like thumb drives or compact discs. Desperate computer owners might delete entire folders worth of old files in order to make space for new information. But some are choosing to rely on a growing trend: cloud storage.

computer.howstuffworks.com...

This would mean the universe is very efficient when it comes to information storage. Subatomic particles would store information about the universe and it would only have to render this when it's measured and observed.

Interesting stuff!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Hyper-dimensional, super string, matrices.
edit on 15-2-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

This happened to me 5 years ago.

So here I am 5 years ago waking up and when I woke up, I saw binary codes in red all over the room all over my body, so I get up to open the window and it's all over the world, on people and everywhere ,it lasted for at least 5 minutes. I just sat and looked at all the red zero and one just all over the place and when I reached for it,it sprinkled apart but came back together.

Can you explain to me what happened and if so ,why did it happen Please ?

By the way the earth is the computer screen and the stars are the pixels used to do what whatever it does.

By the way, would black holes be considered as the trash bin?
edit on 15-2-2016 by ImmortalLegend527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
quite possible with nanotech and nanobots mixed with artificial or an actual intelligence as i like to call it, as they could construct and display properties of matter and well sand grains yeah... whats that place called again? sillicon valley. each grain of sand has a large potientaail for storage.

but tis neither here nor there... make the best out of what you have and most of all enjoy life. we get wrapped up in so much insignificance to the larger picture we fail to even live so be bold be brave and live... what the universe is or isnt multi or singular created or everlasting with no real end nor beginning is argued when living and loving and sharing the beauty is the point really, and your purpose can be anything so ffs choose it to be what you want it to be... thats the real secret behind breaking the chains of bondage and heaven and hell... if its hell? its only because misery loves company... dont have it as a guest as the host of your little bubble of reality can not only protect but be filled with a life you want to live... trying to make due with the best youve got is not choosing your purpose but do take responsibility for the things you choose to be in your life... it isnt hard or difficult unless you allow it to be. self made and self evident each individual in their own unique form... isnt that good enough?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

everything is being computed down to you putting on your socks in the morning to driving home from work at night.

Ok.
Now what? Have you started working on modifying the code? How does one go about doing so?

Is this notion fundamentally different from the ancient idea of predestination?

Phage the way you think is glorious!!!

Your first thought when talking about the fact we might be in a video game is " can we use cheat codes"!

Lol, I was wondering that same thing a few days ago when my girl and I were talking about it.

How could someone inside the game so this though?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I've been saying this very same thing for a decade, everything can be answered if we exist inside a quantum computer. I go further and suggest this quantum Computer is running not just one version of reality but many and things like "Ghosting" can be explained by leaky memory with our reality using the same ram memory the other versions run.

I also suspect our simulation my get rebooted now and then to restart, imagine your sandbox with all these warring tribes destroying the environment instead of building ? you would simply just reset the environment and wham all the flora and fauna is back and you run the experiment again until you find harmony with certain criteria being met.

I have long suspected God is actually a master coder and beyond our comprehension of intelligence, not unlike an Ant's intelligence compared to ours, to understand the reason the sims are being run is easy...he is looking for an outcome.

The answer to many things like being able to go Out of Body fit in with the quantum computer theory, your program when in idle mode ( sleep ) allows you to access the operating system files ( if you are given access permission just like admin access on a pc ) which also allow you to navigate everything running on the system. Most aren't allowed admin access but a few are and have tales to tell like myself back 15 years ago but had it quickly revoked due to stupidity.
edit on 15-2-2016 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

And a year after that I find out that Stars are used on humans the same way as pixels are used for TV, THANKS neoholographic, SO STOKED !

...Except that's not even remotely true. As for your psychotic episode, have you seen a doctor?

Funny that a person with that kind of Avatar is saying a thing is unreal without testing it by recalibrating the third eye sensors.

It will be so much nicer when we get technologically advanced enough to measure quantum states in real time and can measure with science what people with recalibrated sensors are experiencing.

Even if the information is subjectively influenced do not mean that there is not something there.

I have myself seen a black and white/grey number screen once with my eye closed and when it speed up it become the normal white/grey dot black background.

Are you also saying chakra coloring is a psychotic episode? How much do you really know about third eye sensor recalibration?

I know it is as real as people who have a Jesus moment.

If it were real, more folks would have it.

Most people aren't blind or deaf, yet most people can't use this supposed third eye.... What seems more likely , it is just a few weirdos or it is real?

I will take psychotic episodes for $800 please!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

This happened to me 5 years ago.

So here I am 5 years ago waking up and when I woke up, I saw binary codes in red all over the room all over my body, so I get up to open the window and it's all over the world, on people and everywhere ,it lasted for at least 5 minutes. I just sat and looked at all the red zero and one just all over the place and when I reached for it,it sprinkled apart but came back together.

Can you explain to me what happened and if so ,why did it happen Please ?

By the way the earth is the computer screen and the stars are the pixels used to do what whatever it does.

By the way, would black holes be considered as the trash bin?

No, stars would not be pixels, atoms and their constituent parts would be pixels, and stars would be stars.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well this is not directed at your post, but rather to all posters who wonder about cheat codes : )

I know it is not a popular opinion around here on ATS, but try meditation!?

This are your cheat codes ...Your own mind.

What is stated in the OP is what yogis or other spiritual masters were saying since eons ago and birds are singing in the trees... 1011 0111 0101.... : )

But some like facts, as I take it?
well... this is a bit of a pity as truth does not bother with facts made by science, but must be experienced.

I really like what this area of science is finding out lately.
to the OP, Great thread!
Thanks!
edit on 1455537941205February052052916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join