It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sports Illustrated has 3 swimsuit cover models this year (at least one PLUS size)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well, I guess it comes out tomorrow. Quite frankly this is the only SI magazine that I ever cared for. The plus size model is a size 16! And beautiful!

I think we may finally be making progress. It is refreshing to see a more realistic approach to the industry.

I'm excited to hear feedback from ATS, most especially our lovely female memebrs

Sports Illustrated is making history with a trio of beauties.

The revered magazine released its new cover for this year's swimsuit edition. Make that three covers -- a first for the magazine in decades.

"For the first time in 52 years, there will be three different SI swimsuit covers," Sports Illustrated said in announcing this year's decision to feature Ronda Rousey, Hailey Clauson and Ashley Graham.

Graham, who is size 16, is considered plus-sized, which the magazine addressed on its website.

L I N K

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

swimming suits eh

music

edit to add because kilt and socks thing

music
edit on 00155v2016Sunday by wisvol because: better than many posts relating to same arts

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

I like me some zombies

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So am I to assume we will be seeing Seth rogen or Jonah hill on the cover of GQ?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Hmmmm. Hadn't thought of that, but it's definitely a possibility; )

Thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Barbie goes plus size, sports illustrated featuring a fat woman....oops sorry - I mean "plus size", wouldn't want to be politically incorrect.

Why don't they get really realistic and get models with stretch marks and double chins?

Sorry, but this new trend of catering to people that overindulge themselves with food is disturbing. Sure, some people have lower metabolism, but most just eat too much.

The movie Walle was prophetic:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Beauty ideals have changed endlessly throughout history and throughout cultures.

But no matter what the current general consensus is on beauty at any given time... some will see this particular "plus sized" swimsuit model as beautiful, and some will see her as a cow.

In the meantime...

I'm still patiently waiting for a "Men In Kilts" magazine to hit the racks.

Meow.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Hmmm.. with matching toe socks?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Sure, why not... toe socks, socks and sandals, whatever.

Just send in the kilts, dammit !

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

She isn't fat tho... there is a difference.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

She's very beautiful! !

Thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

They are all three very lovely. IMO.
I think it is nice to have a little spice, so to speak, in the mix. We have subscribed for years and this wouldn't cause me to cancel or begin a subscription.

To each their own (as far as what one finds attractive) male or female...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is great because i think its unfair that im not a calvin klein model and dont play basketball in the nba. I would like those jobs now thanks. I think its awesome how it doesnt matter what we are anynore because everyone is the same and equally beautiful and equally talented becauae results dont matter. 2+2 = 5 if you want it to. Because 5 is just as good as 4. We shouldnt discriminate.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think it shows a great example of a media manipulation precedent. Its ok to be fat, its ok to be... Keep buying # from my magazine. Manipulation at its finest.

Cranialsponge,
I look great in a kilt, I'm just embarrassed to wear one in public cause I'm not plus sized or gay. I wouldn't trend well in it. Lol

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The plus size model is a size 16! And beautiful!

I absolutely agree!!!! It's about time they use real women. Not everyone is pencil thin and a size 16 looks pretty damned good on some women!

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Seems they forgot to include a black woman.
I guess this attempt at pleasing everyone is going to be a failure.

As far as a "plus size" woman in a bikini, it's something I'd rather not see.
As it is I can hardly look anywhere when I go out without seeing some fat woman in tights, many of them so large that they look like a cloth sac full of door knobs, it's disgusting.

I know this may offend some and I'll probably be flamed for it but I really couldn't care less.
So tired of companies doing crap like this saying they're changing or whatever all the while it's just a publicity thing and nothing more.

All over TV now you see commercials with two men or mixed race couples and whatnot.
I don't care and I have nothing against it but to me it just seems like they aren't doing it cause it's ok to be that way, but their doing it to appeal to more people.

False appeasement, nothing more. Flame on.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Considering that the "fashion" industry standard of beauty is a rail thin flat chested woman that could easily be mistaken for a 12 year old boy, it's no wonder that anyone over 100 lbs is considered "plus size". I think the model is quite beautiful and to be honest, I've never liked the ultra skinny women anyway. When you order a steak, do you tell them to bring you the bone or do want some meat on that bone? Not to say I like over weight women either, just somewhere in the middle. I guess what you call normal? size, not the fantasy version we see in the magazines.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

There are black models too.
If you can't see the difference between the fat you are describing and this then you are the one making the issue when there isn't one.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

"For the first time in 52 years, there will be three different SI swimsuit covers," Sports Illustrated said in announcing this year's decision to feature Ronda Rousey, Hailey Clauson and Ashley Graham.

Which one of these 3 ^ is black?
I was referring to the covers since that's what the OP was about.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Plus size, my ass. She's a whole lotta' yep for me.

A refreshing change that I think we should see more of, ESPECIALLY the nippers.

Skinny doesn't make beauty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join