It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internatiomnal space station actually within an ordinairy airplane..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

You're entertaining it? No, you clearly don't accept the facts and that's why you're "entertaining" it. You think it's all a hoax.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah, if anyone on ATS should get to go it would be you. Then you could really look down on us mortals.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Again, you offered nothing that refutes my reasons for entertaining this. Shouting doesn't help.
edit on 14-2-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Get a telescope go online find out when it passes and you will have your answer. My son and I have seen it several times.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Do you have any faith in the nation's children? The competition for hundreds of experiments they submitted that made it on the ISS?

Experiments on the ISS

Sending them to an empty fake ISS?

Scientists can be wishy washy about sharing certain data, but cruel? Nah.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My Darlin' and me watch the ISS travel overhead fairly frequently and have done so for several years. Before the ISS is reboosted, it gets lower in orbit than 400 km above the surface of the Earth, and at those times, the magnitude of the ISS is often -3.0 or even brighter.

As it travels around the curvature of the Earth, it dims from our ground-based perception. It is very trackable and predictable, and I favor using www.heavens-above.com for tracking it.

A few years ago, when the shuttle docked with the ISS, the approach, increased brightness when the shuttle docked, and both travelling apart in the same orbit when it left were visible. Terrible photo op, though -- two points of light in a dark sky, very unremarkable. It was a wonder to see though.

If all these events which are predictable are not the ISS, then what is it??

By the way, later on in the year -- late April -- the ISS will be in low orbit and brightest, and in Early May it will be re-boosted up into a higher orbit, which will eventually degrade and have to be re-boosted a few months later.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

And how were they told to add the new satellites, etc. Now an even biggest conspiracy.

How the hell did you get so far off track? Nobody was saying it's real or a conspiracy. It was just a proposed scenario.

Try to use your imagination instead of blowing out your o-ring right off the bat.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What would be the point? This is not the first space station and people have been orbiting the Earth since 1961. So we know it is not only possible but, has been common. Unless it was all faked. And if they shut the ISS down tomorrow nobody would care. So what would the point?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Many amateur astronomers have taken pictures of the ISS in orbit that show it in great detail. Many people have watched it go overhead exactly when it was said to be over them. It's in orbit.

I hope when I get my telescope and get proficient with it I can give it a view. I know you can watch it pass over like a bright satellite with the named eye though. I get that the detail isn't there with the naked eye, but what do these people think is flying over head instead? Did we launch a fake ISS into orbit so that people would believe there's one really there? If so, wouldn't it be just as much trouble to have a fake one.

How. Copulating. Ridiculous.

I don't fault the OP for wondering, yet not automatically buying into the nonsense. No harm in questioning, and without having read replies yet, I'm assuming the questions have been thoroughly answered. However, the YouTube dolt should focus more on getting enrolled in Basic Common Sense 101 and Logic for Toddlers classes.

It's videos like that which confirm what I think when I see how people drive: 80% of people are shockingly stupid.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Get a telescope go online find out when it passes and you will have your answer. My son and I have seen it several times.

Sorry, not enough evidence to be 100% sure unless you can see them walking aroundf in there. Don't get me wrong, for now my heart is with those astronauts on the ISS but my mind is screaming for the truth. Thats a little exaggerated of course but I think its a fair discussion just because of the fact that there is stink going on with NASA and all the governments of the significant nations on this planet...one in particulair.

If the white house can tell its citizens with tears in its eyes that there is no such thing as a flying saucer, that government is a lying government and is not to be trusted. If the WH had said we can not tell you for national security reasons it is a fair government.

With this NWO thing going on and all these "fun parties" with politicians and captains of industry of all important nations attending in secrecy who can tell what they are up to. I can tell you for what reasons tho...

Power and money..

No sorry, with all the technology we do not know nothing about its best to be very sure before drinking a limonade offered.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I can't see people walking around in America from here.

Does that mean it doesn't exist?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I live under an area that a lot of planes fly over. They take a long time to pass overhead. You can often hear them.

The ISS passed over the other night, so I went out and photographed it. It took just a few minutes to pass over the entire visible sky and was visible all over the UK.

The trail on my image here is from a 30 second exposure.

A plane couldn't cover the distances involved in that time. If someone is claiming it is a plane, they need to tell people what sort of plane it is, where it takes off and lands, how it manages to cover thousands of miles in just a few minutes and be visible over such a wide area, and how it manages to take pictures from orbit.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
the problem with the psudo science claim of " ISS = fake " is that its actual altitude can be determined with precision by trigonometry

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Are you sure that those 5km re-boosts are seriously effecting the inherent (or is that apparent) brightness (magnitude) of your observations of the ISS?
That is only a 1.25% change in height.
Methinx its more about the angles in relation to the sun, the ISS (specifically the solar panels), and the observer.

height of ISS over time

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

None of this really proves that the ISS as we know it is a real functioning space station with people on it.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

A plane couldn't cover the distances involved in that time. If someone is claiming it is a plane, they need to tell people what sort of plane it is, where it takes off and lands, how it manages to cover thousands of miles in just a few minutes and be visible over such a wide area, and how it manages to take pictures from orbit.

I don't think anyone meant to say that the object that is out there is actually a plane.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

It is a lot easier to verify that America actually exists in the form that one might see on tv.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yep, I wonder if the OP would be interested in an experiment?

A plane wouldn't be visible over, for example, nearly all of Australia at the same time.

The ground track map from heavens above illustrates this pretty well..

edit on 15/2/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

The OP is reporting someone who did, and I've certainly seen it claimed elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
You can't watch it with your naked eyes in the desert or way way out in the mountains.

I've seen it many times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join