It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human skull that challenges the Out of Africa theory

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

we are not talking about human or squirrel phnotypes. we are talking about identifying races from dna samples. talk to a few forensic labs b4 posting pl. while you are at it, talk to a few french perfume makers and you will learn a thing or two about races

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Or perhaps you could find follow decorum and post a citation supporting your nonexistent factoid.
Study some anthropology and genetics and perhaps it shall be you who learns a thing or two about race and genetics. Especially with the above statement about this not being about human phenotype as phenotypic presentation seems to be the entirety of your view because you aren't basing it on actual genetics, biology or anthropology. Your entire argument is premised on geographic phenotype. Please prove me wrong and support your own statements if you are able.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

we are not talking about human or squirrel phnotypes. we are talking about identifying races from dna samples. talk to a few forensic labs b4 posting pl. while you are at it, talk to a few french perfume makers and you will learn a thing or two about races

Once again, you prove my point. I've already described to you what is studied in a forensics lab in regards to human DNA samples. You yourself admitted you know nothing about forensics aside from something you interpretted from somewhere on the internet. The fact you did not understand my last post is proof enough of this.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You are exhibiting lack of intelligence and are presumptuous beyond measure. Quest to you, why does every race smell different?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

provide citations that corroborate your claims. You can't just swoop in and insist on things being factual without supporting them. What you're doing is borderline trolling at this point. I can't fathom why you refuse to provide a single citation while moving the goalposts around the field.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

provide citations that corroborate your claims. You can't just swoop in and insist on things being factual without supporting them. What you're doing is borderline trolling at this point. I can't fathom why you refuse to provide a single citation while moving the goalposts around the field.

So true. Have read their arguments and not one fact was used in them and only used the bible as a source LMAO.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Citation? Google is your friend here
seek and ye shall find
a reply to: peter vlar

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Citation? Google is your friend here
seek and ye shall find

What a joke.

I heard the moon is made of cheese. I read it on the internet a while back. Don't believe me, look it up! Talk to an astronomy lab. Google is your friend!

The guy is just trolling. Don't give him the attention.
edit on 3 3 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Ahhhh... The Troll to English translation is "I'm talking out of my rear end so no, I can't and won't attempt to do so because this is high I get my kicks". Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I'll answer you, just for the sake of breaking out of this elementary school name calling.

Quest to you, why does every race smell different?

First, since there is no such thing as 'race' in biology, different 'races' do not smell different. That is not to say that there is no such thing as race however - it is obviously a powerful sociological concept - one which seems to dominate your world view to an unhealthy extent, but that is for you to deal with. I can only suggest that you would be a healthier person if you would learn to understand the affect it has on you.

Anyway, back to the question. Different people smell differently from each other because they have different numbers of apocrine glands (sweat glands). Odor producing bacteria feed on the sweat produced by the apocrine glands. The sweat you produce, the more bacteria you have eating it, the more odor you have coming off of you. The food you eat also plays a role, but we'll ignore that for the moment.

The number of sweat glands you have is determined by the same mechanism that determines what color eyes you have, or your blood type, or whether you are colorblind, or the color of your skin, or the shape of your nose, or the height you grow to.

Everybody has the DNA to encode for nose shape, but everyone EXPRESSES that DNA coding differently - it is called Allele Expression. Not everyone's nose is the same shape however similar noses 'run in the family' don't they? In the same way, skin color and sweat gland count 'run in the family'.

Skin color in humans runs in a broad continuum from fair to literally black. If you were to plot every individual on the planet on that continuum, you would indeed find clumps of folks around a few 'popular' shades. One of those shades would be dark skinned. If you were to pick one individual out from that dark skinned clump there is no way you could tell by skin color if that individual was of African, or Subcontinent Indian, or Indigenous Australian, or Indigenous South American, or maybe even Indigenous North American. Even 'pure' Europeans have a broad variety of skin shades; there are fair skinned Africans and there are dark skinned Scandinavians.

Other allele expression traits may give clues, broad noses maybe (nope, common all across the world), 'kinky' hair? (nope common again).

Sweat gland count is likewise controlled by allele expression. On average, people with ancestral origins in East Asia have fewer sweat glands than other ancestral populations. The key is "ON AVERAGE". Some Asians have lots of sweat glands, some have relatively few. Some Africans have lots of sweat glands, some have relatively few. Some Europeans have lots of sweat glands, some have relatively few. Some Indigenous Australians have lots of sweat glands, some have relatively few. Some Indigenous Americans have lots of sweat glands, some have relatively few.

The AVERAGE varies from ancestral background to ancestral background in exactly the same way that nose shape varies from family to family. Within a particular ancestral background, the sweat gland count varies from the average in the same way that nose shapes follow in a family.

Just as kids don't always "have their father's nose" some Chinese actually sweat a lot and some Europeans don't sweat very much at all.

So your demand that we go talk to a 'perfume maker' to prove that races smell different if followed up would come down to the answer that the market for antiperspirant isn't as big in China as it is in Europe.

Then the bit that we ignored at the start, diet, comes into it as well. Folks with a lot of garlic in their diet have different smelling sweat (and breath) than those with little garlic for example. Different markets then will have different 'favorite' scents in their antiperspirant and their perfumes. Again, nothing to do with imaginary DNA defined races.

edit on 3/3/2016 by rnaa because: typo

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Looks like you guys are bored stiff. If so, read the thread in my signature

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Looks like you guys are bored stiff. If so, read the thread in my signature

I am definitely bored of these threads where people make wild speculative claims and don't back them up. I enjoy a good discussion, it's a shame that it can't progress with more substance from you. If what you are saying has merit behind it, I'd like to read about it or learn more. I'm not just going to take your word at face value, however.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join