It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Robbery Victim in NYC Jail after DISARMING Attacker

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Azryael

If the susp took the shoes and ran- no weapon- then the complainant (victim) would have had the right to run after him and get his property back. The vehicle would not be justified in this situation.

If the susp robbed him, got out of the car, the comp left the scene, drove around for a while. Then saw him again later THEN ran him over. Then he would not be justified because it is a separate incident after the fact.

But I watched the video. While the susp was sitting in the vehicle he not only pulled a gun but attempted to fire it. Luckily, he's an idiot that doesn't clean his gun and it misfired. The comp took just enough time to flip a U and took him out- so it was immediate and included in the same incident. Read the law I posted again, he's not only recovering the stolen property but he's preventing the escape of someone who just used deadly force to rob him. So, by law, he's justified in using deadly force as well. And the law doesn't specify that you can't use your car.

The comp's charges will either be 'no billed' by a grand jury, dropped, or found not guilty in court. And the susp better be charged with aggravated robbery. At least he will be easy to pick out in a line up if he continues this line of work.

The fact is, the suspect chose to be a big boy and rob someone at gunpoint. He shouldn't act surprised if it goes south.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Funny you should say that...our burgler actually came back to wipe down prints and the guy we rent to across the street came and confronted him. We got a make and model as well as plates from his vehicle because of that and the police were able to find him. So he too caught himself. However it turned out the guy had aids and was a crack head...so I don't think he much cared. Last I heard his health was poor enough that they released him.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Funny you should say that...our burgler actually came back to wipe down prints and the guy we rent to across the street came and confronted him. We got a make and model as well as plates from his vehicle because of that and the police were able to find him. So he too caught himself.

Returning to the scene of the crime…

Doubly funny because they probably wouldn't have taken or run the prints, but he had to stop the paranoia of that. Its the worst with drug addicts. They always sit in their cage listening to the tiniest of sounds waiting for the cops to come crashing through their front door.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'll tell you one thing...bet that guy will think twice before he robs anyone again. If he wants to be tough enough to rob someone at gunpoint for a pair of shoes, then he can be tough enough to answer for it. He sure didn't stick around after losing his arm because he didn't want to go down for armed robbery. Not so tough after all, are we?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join