It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scalia's Death Conspiracy Theory: Was the motive to shut him up?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Well the poor guy has been having health issues for the last few months, and I'm pretty sure it was brought up before if he should step down due to this health issue.

He did?? Where did you get that information? If true, please post a source.

No justice is known to have serious health problems at the moment, although Ginsburg has battled cancer and other ailments in recent years.

www.politico.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Why must the declaration that one can say what they wish always necessarily made in conversation?

Of course you can. And I can point out the issues with what you say.

Sugar coating the truth? So your opinion/agenda is the only truth? Sounds a bit extremist to me.

The Supreme Court decided 6-3 that Obamacare provisions were Constitutional. Do you prefer to ignore the laws of the land? A clear majority on the Supreme Court? Okay ... sounds more than a little like sour grapes.

Nope, the system doesn't punish people who succeed. You would prefer a free ride to use our infrastructure at the rest of the population's expense? Progressive taxes reflect that the wealthy have taken more out of our economy and thus, can easily bare to give a little more back.

The specific decision on the individual mandate (originally a Republican idea, by the way) does not require me to accept your thesis that taxes are only "penalties" ... and you should know, and if you don't, I'll explain to you, that the false dichotomy you're offering is illogical. I choose neither.

Next?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Another thing to note here is that about 45% of SCOTUS justices die during their appointment (source).

What with "lifetime" appointments, I'd have guessed higher than that.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yeah. It's a shame he missed his last hunting trip though.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

Another thing to note here is that about 45% of SCOTUS justices die during their appointment (source).

What with "lifetime" appointments, I'd have guessed higher than that.

A total of 54 Justices either resigned or retired. One notable Justice who resigned was Curtis who resigned because of the bitter feelings engendered by the Scott case. Such a thing happens in the Supreme Court, so while these are lifetime appointments, it is not slavery in that they can never retire or resign from their positions on the bench.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Apparently you think only your opinion matters, so there is that. You are rabid in that only your opinion is the one that counts from your posts. You are not someone who enjoys a nice discussion, which is really off-putting on a discussion forum.

Try being respectful of others opinions, and you wouldn't have people react to you the way they do.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Or a 79 year old died because that is very common when you reach that age.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Or a Poison slipped to him neded time to dissapear and thats why no one in his hunting party went to check on him until late enough he could not had been saved.

Remember the CIA does this fo r a living and can kill anyone with impunity.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The US Constitution came into force in 1789. A mere 9 years later, Congress passed and Adams signed into law An Act for the Relief of Sick and Disabled Seamen:

An Act for the relief of sick and disabled seamen[1] was passed by the 5th Congress. It was signed by President John Adams on July 16, 1798. The Act authorized the deduction of twenty cents per month from the wages of seamen, for the sole purpose of funding medical care for sick and disabled seamen, as well as building additional hospitals for the treatment of seamen.

Now the argument could be made that Adams was a Federalist and both houses of Congress were controlled by the Federalists (the same assholes who enacted the Alien and Sedition Acts) but consider that as President, Jefferson didn't seek to have the act repealed but instead, expanded it.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I seriously doubt if RBG had a heart attack and died, liberals and Democrats would be screaming that the GOP/Tea Party or some conservatives had her killed.

*eye roll*

Has anyone considered the fact he may have been hiding a medical condition that would have cast doubt on his ability to do his job? Hence the no autopsy? This happens quite a bit with people in powerful positions.

If there was a cover up, I'm betting he had some kind of medical condition ...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

It's equally as common when you're 78 or 76 or any other advanced age. I don't think anyone is questioning the idea that old men die all the time.

It is simply that he could have dropped dead anytime in the last 8 years and it didn't happen until 2016. That doesn't necessarily mean anything but it's entirely reasonable to be suspicious when this man was one of the most powerful people in the world and 2016 is a very pivotal year in this arena.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The US Constitution came into force in 1789. A mere 9 years later, Congress passed and Adams signed into law An Act for the Relief of Sick and Disabled Seamen:

An Act for the relief of sick and disabled seamen[1] was passed by the 5th Congress. It was signed by President John Adams on July 16, 1798. The Act authorized the deduction of twenty cents per month from the wages of seamen, for the sole purpose of funding medical care for sick and disabled seamen, as well as building additional hospitals for the treatment of seamen.

Now the argument could be made that Adams was a Federalist and both houses of Congress were controlled by the Federalists (the same assholes who enacted the Alien and Sedition Acts) but consider that as President, Jefferson didn't seek to have the act repealed but instead, expanded it.

Well, we also have laws against extortion and involuntary servitude. Both of which Obamacare qualifies as in my book. I find it hard to believe that John Roberts qualifies as a legal expert and he doesn't know extortion when he sees it. Roberts made the most ludicrous stretch imaginable to view the penalty as a tax in order to save it but he doesn't know what extortion is?

Maybe the whole thing was just getting way too close to exposing the whole damn system as glorified slavery so everyone just went deep into denial about it.
edit on 15-2-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
With the pivotal cases coming up this spring? Oh no, there was no reason at all to want to bump off a conservative justice.

Were there any indications at all that Scalia's health was failing? Usually when someone dies of natural causes, they enter a period of decline.

Yes, there were indications. He saw a doctor the Wed. and Thurs. because he wasn't feeling well, went on the trip Fri. and died Sat. Sorry to burst your bubble, but nothing suspicious about a 79 year old complaining of not feeling well, seeing a doctor, then dying a few days later.

"Guevara told ABC News she talked to Scalia's doctor in Washington, D.C., who told her he had been sick and had been at his office Wednesday and Thursday before going on the hunting trip Friday".
abcnews.go.com...

"Guvara also spoke with Scalia's private physician in Washington and learned the 79-year-old had several chronic conditions. "He was having health issues," she told the Post. Based on her conversations, Guevara determined Scalia's heart stopped beating. "It wasn't a heart attack," Guevara told the Post. "He died of natural causes."
edition.cnn.com...

edit on 2jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Worth a watch---

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I read he saw the doc about a problem with his shoulder. Doesn't sound like sickness to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I read he saw the doc about a problem with his shoulder. Doesn't sound like sickness to me.

If you read it, please provide a source. One problem with a shoulder doesn't equal multiple health issues.

Or if he had a pain radiating in his left shoulder it could've been a precurser to a heart attak.
edit on 2jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I think some answers will have to wait until the replacement is confirmed.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Link to info about Scalia's shoulder

There are other articles out there that might provide more info though....

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Washington Post reports:

The next morning, Scalia did not show up for breakfast. Poindexter at first thought he might be sleeping late, but eventually he grew concerned. Late Saturday morning, he and one other person knocked on the door to Scalia’s room, an expansive suite called the “El Presidente.” When there was no answer, they went inside.

“Everything was in perfect order. He was in his pajamas, peacefully, in bed,” Poindexter said.

No autopsy was performed by request of the family.

www.washingtonpost.com... =hp_hp-top-table-main_ranch-216pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

edit on 2/15/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join