It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chancellor George Osborne's family firm hasn't paid tax for seven years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
When you're the chancellor of the exchequer tasked with handing down fiscal pain to your populace and chasing company's for unpaid tax you really should make sure your own house is in order before launching your righteous campaigns , unfortunately for boy George he hasn't done that and now finds himself and his family wallpaper firm Osborne and Little in the eye of a storm.

Mr Osbourne holds 6,833 shares in the family firm which makes hand printed wallpaper and was paid £1230 from the annual dividend while his parents were entitled to £270,000.

The company which employs 195 people at its London head quarters brought in £34m in revenues in 2015 - but made just £722,000 profit which was shared between directors.
www.mirror.co.uk...

One has to wonder how a firm can make just £722,000 profit from revenues of £34m , there seems to be a leak in that particular bucket as it's also been revealed the company has offset it's tax against losses for the past 7 years , still managed to pay a dividend to the family though so at least they're OK.

The company has not paid any UK corporation tax since 2008 partly because it has rolled over losses from previous years and has deferred tax payments.

The disclosure of the payment of the dividends despite avoiding corporation tax is embarrassing for the chancellor. He made a crackdown on “morally repugnant” tax avoidance a key part of his 2012 budget speech.
www.thesundaytimes.co.uk...

Far be for me to throw around allegations of double standards but hey I will anyway , this is another example where the Tory great and good show they're fine with dishing out the pain as long as it doesn't effect them , typical Tory mentality.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Makes me f ing sick.. Whilst we all struggle paying most of the little we earn in tax, these scumbags are living the life of Riley. . They should all be thrown in jail.

Corporation tax, income tax, value added tax to name but a few is the reason my business struggled and these tossers are not even paying in with £722,000 profit!!

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I'm not educated on the loopholes of taxation. However im sure this slime ball knows exactly what he is doing and has ensured it is legal...even of it is morally defunct.
Unfortunately, these people do not care. It's all a game to them. They try to live above all laws and see it as a giggle when they are caught out. People are fickle and will move on to something else once the controlled media distracts them.

All I can do on my end is refuse to purchase anything from this company or related to the company. How about a mini sanction.

I wouldn't be suprised the slime ball is bottling his slime for sale as wall paper paste.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
This if true says it all!
Time people woke from their blind ignorant slumber and demanded a new system/paradigm which ensured that future politicians were anti greed representatives of the people and their wished and welfare.
A redistribution of wealth model is required which ensures jobs and training for all in society where immigrants are sent home and not needed to enable the economy and health service etc to function properly!
Same old traditional politicians are not what is needed.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Remember when we were told we were all in it together?

We weren't and never were going to be.

Tories are inherent Liars, oh and also understand the loopholes within the Tax system,that they will never close, because it's only useful for their own like.

It's not only George who screws the vulnerable, his brother has been struck off from being able to practice psychiatry because he literally screwed a vulnerable person.

edit on 14/2/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Why am I not surprised? His brother was in the news the other day, I don't know if you saw it.
He has no concept of normal life, and quite simply he doesn't care. If he could chop up the public sector and throw it away tomorrow, he would. Survival of the greediest - uuurgh, he makes me ill.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
And people wonder why we don't have the money for Drs and nurses, because the rich have all the money siphoned off in off shore accounts, just making rich people more rich. It also takes away any original source for a trickle down effect to trickle that trickle that we are meant to be grateful for from the "wealth creators.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Since 1066, England has been 'them and us' until 'them' change, England wont change.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nothing will change until the British people come to there senses round up these notorious political, banker and privileged classed scum and hang them from a lamp post.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

His brother was indeed in the news recently for having sex with a vulnerable member of the public in his care no less and writing fraudulent prescriptions!

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 14-2-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

52% of the UK population did NOT vote for these conservative scumbags, there's plenty of people awake to reality of the scumbaggery in politics but the system is broken.

As for this news, I'm not surprised, Cameron, Osbourne and their ilk have always been part of the "do as I say not what I do" crowd

Problem is what choices do we have for parties to vote for ? Labour is just as bad as Conservative, Lib Dems are a bunch of liars, BNP are just nazi's, UKIP are just moderate nazi's, Green Party are a bunch of hippies who while focusing on doing good for the environment have no workable ideas for the economy

We're pretty much screwed in the UK like everybody else in all other nations, politics is just a playground for the corrupt and power hungry.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

The system is broken by design. Its a them and us mentality that has always been in place. The system breeds corruption by its very nature. There is no workable solution other than to remove the minority who control the majority.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Up until five years ago I was very politically active, worked on the first Obama campaign with gusto. Within six months I realized that in the end none of us are participants, not in the way we think we are anyway, and none of us make a difference. We are excluded from having a say, if we were ever included.

I don't see any difference between the political structure of any western democracy. All leaders are corrupt and all depend on our acquiescence.

I dropped out five years ago. I don't vote, I don't watch the news, I don't do anything that I am told that I have to do, or should do, unless I decide it is a responsible thing to do. I also decided that political correctness was just an allegiance to the nanny state that we are all being herded into. Honesty all the way, even if it does offend the politically correct. I contribute zero to the system, and I have never been so well off. I have better finances, health, my mind and heart are calm, and my family has followed my lead. I don't trust the state with my well being. Seems to me that no one should.

I wonder what our masters would do if we just all stopped cooperating.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You just shut ya gob an pay up your taxes PROLE!

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
I wonder what our masters would do if we just all stopped cooperating.

They wouldn't be able to do a damn thing

However the problem is most average people would rather live with the crap we have now as they think it's a better alternative to having to deal with the fallout from a societal collapse and then have to rebuild a better society

In other words people are just too lazy and lack a spine to do anything to make a worthy change, they're more comfortable paying their taxes, watching their trash TV, working their asses off just to survive because to them it's the easy option than having deal with a temporary loss of luxury in order to live in a better world even IF they agree that the world we have now sucks
edit on 14/2/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm not sure about the UK, but here in the US we have a growing underground economy, cash and carry economy worth about 3 trillion now. Businesses and small community loves it, the IRS not so much. Folks over here are dropping out, not at the rate we need in my opinion, but we are. I suspect folks over there are at least getting a clue.

I am concerned more for your future than that of my own when I take a look at what is happening to all of the countries that border yours.

The populations in your part of the world have a rich, fierce history. What happened?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
When you're the chancellor of the exchequer tasked with handing down fiscal pain to your populace and chasing company's for unpaid tax you really should make sure your own house is in order before launching your righteous campaigns , unfortunately for boy George he hasn't done that and now finds himself and his family wallpaper firm Osborne and Little in the eye of a storm.

One has to wonder how a firm can make just £722,000 profit from revenues of £34m , there seems to be a leak in that particular bucket as it's also been revealed the company has offset it's tax against losses for the past 7 years , still managed to pay a dividend to the family though so at least they're OK.

I wonder if, “morally repugnant” has a smell?
That might allow the George fella a bit of slack since his proboscis is probably well burnt out by now.

I wonder who coo...er, did the books for them, Hey! maybe they did it online!

top topics

join