It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Europe, quit crying about refugees. Sincerely America!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

You have been prosecuted for speaking? What for calling names? Or making threats or something?

Really? as a person who served two Jury services and have equally been a defendant i can honestly say, you know nothing about the British Justice System, in fact, i met people on the Jury with views just like yours ..... scary

Hey, I was basing this on what I read on a Uk gov site. Maybe you can provide a legal definition that says otherwise.

If you guys are being prosecuted for shouting and calling names then that is what is really scary.

Yeah, i have been locked up overnight for using my voice, found myself in court a couple of weeks later. By definition speaking your mind is not against the law, CPS however will twist anything to get a conviction, its their say not the Police. The police in the UK go about their jobs as we all do, its when they don't collect enough evidence or have no evidence whatsoever that lets them down. CPS is to blame here, nothing else

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Ok, but the point of discussion was verbal abuse being part of the definition of violent crime. Sofar I posted info from 2 sources that say it isn't.

Yeah, i have been locked up overnight for using my voice, found myself in court a couple of weeks later. By definition speaking your mind is not against the law, CPS however will twist anything to get a conviction, its their say not the Police.

So what did you say, what was the situation and what were the charges?
edit on 14-2-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You should talk, BRITAIN. You people tried to colonize the world and now you're PO'd about refugees.

Hey, Britain, quit crying about refugees. Sincerely, America!

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

Ok, but the point of discussion was verbal abuse being part of the definition of violent crime. Sofar I posted info from 2 sources that say it isn't.

Yeah, i have been locked up overnight for using my voice, found myself in court a couple of weeks later. By definition speaking your mind is not against the law, CPS however will twist anything to get a conviction, its their say not the Police.

So what did you say, what was the situation and what were the charges?

Cant remember which section is was but is was the "public order act 1986", even in private homes, with private speach, you can be charged under the "public order act", funny enough, i asked the desk Sargent , what do i have to do to prove my innocence, fit CCTV in every room? his answer, a nod of the head. Go figure oh, and i walk away now and she wonders why i have changed. lol
edit on 2016-02-14T09:55:55-06:002016Sun, 14 Feb 2016 09:55:55 -0600bSunday5502America/Chicago169 by corblimeyguvnor because: typo

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hey America start making your voices heard to your Leaders if you are so concerned about refugees from the Middle East I am sure Turkey would be glad to send you a million or so afterall we are all in NATO together. If you can spend your dollars on bombing these countries and being the world police then it is slightly hypocritical to be telling Europe they should be coping whilst you sit as a spectator being holier than thou dont you think! Ps this isnt to all American ATS members just the hypocritical, narrow minded type like this member.reply to: Obsrvr

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Which leader? Obama ..... current or Hilary ......next

Its gonna happen lol

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I've worked in law most of my adult life and dont know of any laws you describe. The only verbal crimes I can think of are hate crimes, breach of the peace and now domestic violence where verbal abuse can be seen as part of the violence. Only the latter would come under violent crime and stalking, trollinh harrassment.a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sorry only just saw this. If it was domestic then verbal abuse can be charged as it can be seen as esculating to violence. It would be unusual though for this to be took to Court by CPS on purely these grounds because of the cost and also because of lack of evidence as it someones word against another.a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Sorry only just saw this. If it was domestic then verbal abuse can be charged as it can be seen as esculating to violence. It would be unusual though for this to be took to Court by CPS on purely these grounds because of the cost and also because of lack of evidence as it someones word against another.a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Off Topic and it would appear i have caused thread drift, PM me if you want to continue this discussion, sorry OP

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
It's very different because Europe is of a smaller size geogrpahically and the fact, perhaps more importantly, that Europeans see their culture dying while American culture is based off of being multicultural.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If you want to pretend like the people coming across our southern border are anything to compare to who is coming across the borders in Western Europe, you go right ahead.

Those of us who live in the U.S. know how absolutely ridiculous the comparison is. Most of our immigrants are honest, Catholic Mexicans looking for work. If you don't know that, you haven't been around much. Go outside and drive around once in a while. You see them roofing houses, paving roads, cleaning gutters, raking leaves, building new restaurants and other structures, and opening shops and restaurants.

They pay taxes every time they buy a hamburger or a gallon of gas. You are the one who's complaining.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Im just glad that my female friends and my little boy doesn't have to worry about an illegal molesting them like they have to worry about over there. Then they tell the women its their fault. I was against having a gun for myself until I read stuff like this. If an illegal or legal immigrant or citizen tries to molest a woman in public in the US, she will more than likely shoot them. Furthermore, I am not impressed with Europe for the most part. I can think of many more warmer beautiful places to go. If immigrants want to come here that's fine, just do it legally.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Medicator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Yeah, well, I dunno... Give it a decade or two. It may very well still be "very nice". But it will very likely be different. Will it still be "Britain"? Maybe I don't have a very complete understanding of the picture there, and I admit that. I do feel that people are justified in having concerns.

I do acknowledge that things are changing but Britain is still a very nice place for sure. It is just like it always was. I can jump in my car and drive west for 180 miles and see no ethnics, well maybe if you pull into a petrol station to fill up an asian will be behind the till, but generally you will see very few if any at all. Britain is just as it always was before.

Things are changing only in the cities, the immigrants all live there and tend to stay there too, they don't seem interested in moving out of them. The original immigrants were British in heart being born in the Empire, like Pakistanis invited over to work our textile mills and Caribbeans invited over to drive the buses and work in the NHS. They were invited here and were already British being of the Empire/Commonwealth. Lots of the new type immigrants are not invited, they actually break into the country so they are a diffent type and also often come from a non British based Empire/Commonwealth background but from areas not affiliated with our culture. But they will melt in over time we hope, most of the Kurds I know are actuaaly lovely people, really hard workers too, great sense of humour. Poles tend to be good workers too.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Do you want to trade Mexicans and Asians with me for Sudanese and Turks, please?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

What time frame - comparing Apples to Oranges, your thread is meaningless without a time frame

*TIME FRAME*

Key word for successful assimilation/intergration

www.bbc.com...

More than a million migrants and refugees crossed into Europe in 2015, sparking a crisis as countries struggle to cope with the influx, and creating division in the EU over how best to deal with resettling people.
The symbolic milestone was passed on 21 December, the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) said, with the total for land and sea reaching more than 1,006,000.

Defination

Assimilation comes from the Latin assimilationem meaning likeness or

similarity.

The process whereby a 'minority or new' group gradually adopt

the customs and attitudes of the prevailing culture.

Analogy

Making a cake assemble correct quantities of ingredients add to mixture

gradually

Result ... A cake of taste, texture, and quality!!!

Incorrect ingredients and incorrect adding and mixing of ingredients,

Result ... curdling, soggy mess!!!

Conclusion

Success of assimilation depends on >>>>>

*correct quantities* and *gradual intergration*..

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
We didn't even really make a peep until the last few years when the economy crashed and we realized there weren't enough resources to go around anymore.
?

Oddly enough I think there are the resources, some just take more than what they need

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The problem is, it is not whole europe that gets spaz attacks, it´s almost all of the eastern states. Btw those we in western europe see as almost third world states.
It´s those guys who only receive the whole time, it was the reason for them to join the EU! But they are not willing to give something back. All those eastern states, that deny solidarity now, would be 25 years back in time, without the tax money of the other european taxpayers! Now it´s only 10 years.
But they act now like they are the big players. And give a # about other people, even the feeding hands.
Those, let it become 10 Millions of refugees, would it be a problem to distribute them in a bunch of 500 Millions of europeans, on a whole continent???
The problem is that only a few states handle the refugees as human beings, the western states And they are overstrained now, while the east europeans laugh about us, while taking our money. Did they all forget that is not a long time ago that many of them had to flee from behind the iron curtain???

If that changed my view to the US migration politics?
No, because europe didn´t destabilize a whole region of the world, so that over 20-30 millions of migrants, coming from Asia, Iran, Mexico, and South America, had to flee to the US.
And the US became a migration nation, ask the native americans what they think about it!
Your anceastors fled from europe to the US, migrated there.

Building walls, fences and borders never helped, soon or later every fortress in history of mankind was starved out, stormed, burned down and their citizens were killed, or they had to flee, as refugees!
We have to change the worldwide inequality, we in the west can´t live not longer using the rest of the world as our slaves!

edit on 16 2 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
We didn't even really make a peep until the last few years when the economy crashed and we realized there weren't enough resources to go around anymore.
?

Oddly enough I think there are the resources, some just take more than what they need

How true...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter
As an Eastern European, though not residing, I understand the reasoning and it makes sense. In my comment in response to the OP I said it, it is a cultural reason. Feeling that this may be the end of our culture. So no, not spaz attacks. Merely caring for our culture.

Can't wait to see the angry response(s) to this :3

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hey America, quit bombing countries whose rulers don't want to be your puppets and then we the Europeans will not have this kind of problem.

On a more serious note, every NATO member that is responsible for creating this crisis should just shut the f$*$* up and accept the consequences, which means taking in every citizen whose house they destroyed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join