It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Europe, quit crying about refugees. Sincerely America!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

I was pointing out that my opinion, was not as you stated based on living in one small area of Manchester' and that I have lived in other
Places so am able to compare.

However he was talking about general crime statistics, i was talking about gun crime. While im sure Manchester does have guncrime, on the whole the UK is much better off thsn the US.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

You said this,

And as somebody mentioned it' we don't want handguns in everyone's pockets. You probably have more people shot and killed by toddlers in the US' than the whole of the UK.

Besides from you not even taking into account the large difference in population numbers, which would make such a comparison completely flawed in the first place, you implied that the US's high (gun related) homocide rate is the result of legal gun ownership.

I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out that this high homocide rate is not caused by LEGAL gun ownership.

Your argument is flawed.

I was pointing out that my opinion, was not as you stated based on living in one small area of Manchester' and that I have lived in other Places so am able to compare.

Ok, fair enough, but I responded to what you said initially, I am not able to take into account the things you are going to add in later posts.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There seems to be an assumption by some Americans that Europe and UK have never had immigration and that now they have they are complaining.

It is not true! The UK has always had thousands of immigrants coming to its shores and this past 15 years immigration has gone completely out of control. Last there were 600,000 and that doesnt take into account students and illegals. America has a population 5 times larger than UK and is 37 times larger in landscape. If you times 600,000 by 5 that is roughly like America taking in 3 million per year for the last 15 years so amounting to an intake of around 45 million over 15 years. Is that how many America have taken over past 15 years? Then dont forget UK's land is 37 times smaller than America and suddenly you see how overly populated UK really is.

Also when America talk about iimmigration it seems to be mainly from Mexico which in all due respect is completely different to taking a mainly muslim population from Countries where terrorism is rife and where those terrorists have threatened to flood Europe with jihadists hidden amongst refugees.

Out of interest how many Syrian refugees has America taken last year because last time I looked it was about 9,000! How you have the nerve to compare this to a million and a half I really dont know especially as America are in a big way responsible for a lot of the chaos in the Middle East.

Tell you what swap a million and a half Mexicans for a million and a half muslims from the Middle East who follow a strict form of Islam and then come back and tell us if you have noticed any differences!
edit on 14-2-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I don't want to be rude, but it will be hard not to.

In Europe, no one is complaining- no one is daring to say a damned thing. At least not in THIS European country (there are many, by the way). They are all wanting to help, no matter what the price.

The ONLY "invasion" talk I have seen/heard is from AMERICA and AMERICANS.

And even living near the border of Mexico half my life, being aware of immigrants coming in daily , the situation has NOTHING to do with this flood we are having here. Nothing to do with the types of problems.

Immigration and open borders has been going on here for a LONG time. That itself is not new. The current problems and tidal wave of immigrants are arriving into an already terribly explosive situation, in numbers that we cannot support as much as we want to (and are trying to).

I'm going to stop here, apparently my caps are getting out of hand. The OP is offensive and ignorant. I really wish you would go to Lesvos, or to Calais, and stay there a while and see the difference. I wish you had some knowledge of the conflicts growing in the last few years here, and how those play into the current situation. But you don't, so you are going to cry out your ignorance on the rooftops, of course.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Hey Europe, quit crying about refugees. Sincerely America!

Hey America, quit crying about building a wall. Sincerely Europe!

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

27,206 crimes committed in december 2015, 4785 of which were violent, i guess not bad considering in july last year you had a total for the month of 30, 356 crimes of which 5,166 were violent. but you will get on here and try to slap on and tell us its a great place to live!
www.ukcrimestats.com...

I hate going off topic, sorry folks......but....

Do not confuse UK recorded violent crimes with crimes that actually involved physical violence....there is a big difference.

Just shouting abuse at someone in the street is recorded as a violent crime if it is reported and the police involved.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Just shouting abuse at someone in the street is recorded as a violent crime if it is reported and the police involved.

And how often does that happen?

Also, what you say is not true at all.

“Violent crime contains a wide range of offences, from minor assaults such as pushing and shoving that result in no physical harm through to serious incidents of wounding and murder. Around a half of violent incidents identified by both BCS and police statistics involve no injury to the victim.”

I don't see "shouting abuse" as part of the definition.

www.gov.uk...

How can it be that you are actually from the UK and making such claims, when I am not and I knew right away that this can't be true.

How can you be under the impression that calling names is considered "violent crime". Amazing.
edit on 14-2-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Slightly off topic but relevant as its Europe. I live and was born on an Island Nation, we, as a nation have never capitulated, the Vikings tried, the Romans tried, they were assimilated, Nazi Germany planned but give it up after June 1940 after the Luftwaffe was defeated (despite what the movie "Pearl Harbor" suggests, there were no Americans involved in the Battle of Britain)

Brussels? or UK Parliament? Our Rules or Their Rules? Kerry and Carters opinions? Gunther Krichbaum , what do you know to say we "Cannot survive on our own" wanna bet? we have done for millenia

Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Romania, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece, Czekh Republic, Portugal, Hungary, Sweden, Austria, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, Slovakia, Ireland, Croatia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Latvia, Estonia, Cyprus, Luxembourg and Malta, have your bleats, say your thing

I say, Cameron, give us the VOTE now, if we don't Brexit it will be as fixed as the US Elections with Hilary using cigars in the Oval Office not quite the same way as Bill did

edit on 2016-02-14T09:13:50-06:002016Sun, 14 Feb 2016 09:13:50 -0600bSunday1302America/Chicago169 by corblimeyguvnor because: typo

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Quite often.....this is Britain, we invented verbal abuse.

But that was just an example.

If the police are called out to a domestic that is just a couple shouting at each other, no physical violence, it is still recorded as a violent crime.

Throwing a bucket of water over someone would be recorded as a violent crime if the soaked victim made a complaint.

There are many examples of non-physical violent crimes recorded in the UK......just Google it.

Edit: You edited it to include that quote...and from that quote "such as pushing and shoving that result in no physical harm"....that is a great example of what I was talking about....non-violent....and it is recorded.

But yes, shouting abuse does get recorded as violent crime as police are called out to a disturbance of the peace.

Believe me, I am a UK citizen, I can assure you what I said is true.
edit on 14/2/16 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

See my edit.

You claimed that "shouting abuse" is considered violent crime. It isn't.

If the police are called out to a domestic that is just a couple shouting at each other, no physical violence, it is still recorded as a violent crime.

So, according to you, these people are then arrested, since they committed a crime? Please.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I have no idea what that post has to do with what I wrote.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

They don't have to be arrested, it is still logged as an incident of violence.

It's more of a shortcoming of tick boxes on their reports if anything.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Oh so now you are changing your definition from "violent crime" to "incident of violence".

Are you still going to maintain that it is a crime to shout and call names? Or even a violent crime?

I just posted the definition from a UK gov. site. Verbal abuse is not part of it.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

Quite often.....this is Britain, we invented verbal abuse.

But that was just an example.

Throwing a bucket of water over someone would be recorded as a violent crime if the soaked victim made a complaint.

There are many examples of non-physical violent crimes recorded in the UK......just Google it.

Edit: You edited it to include that quote...and from that quote "such as pushing and shoving that result in no physical harm"....that is a great example of what I was talking about....non-violent....and it is recorded.

But yes, shouting abuse does get recorded as violent crime as police are called out to a disturbance of the peace.

Believe me, I am a UK citizen, I can assure you what I said is true.

I concur, and have pleaded Guilty for such things in Magistrates and Crown Courts so that they can give me a criminal record for ............ speaking

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

Oh so now you are changing your definition from "violent crime" to "incident of violence".

Are you still going to maintain that it is a crime to shout and call names? Or even a violent crime?

I just posted the definition from a UK gov. site. Verbal abuse is not part of it.

Really? as a person who served two Jury services and have equally been a defendant i can honestly say, you know nothing about the British Justice System, in fact, i met people on the Jury with views just like yours ..... scary

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
...Nazi Germany planned but give it up after June 1940 after the Luftwaffe was defeated (despite what the movie "Pearl Harbor" suggests, there were no Americans involved in the Battle of Britain)

Actually, there were:

The RAF recognises seven aircrew personnel who were from the United States of America as having taken part in the Battle of Britain. American citizens were prohibited from serving under the various US Neutrality Acts; if an American citizen had defied strict neutrality laws, there was a risk of losing their citizenship and imprisonment. It is believed that another four Americans misled the British authorities about their origins, claiming to be Canadian or other nationalities. Source

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

You have been prosecuted for speaking? What for calling names? Or making threats or something?

Really? as a person who served two Jury services and have equally been a defendant i can honestly say, you know nothing about the British Justice System, in fact, i met people on the Jury with views just like yours ..... scary

Hey, I was basing this on what I read on a Uk gov site. Maybe you can provide a legal definition that says otherwise.

If you guys are being prosecuted for shouting and calling names then that is what is really scary.

Definition of violent crime in the UK, according to Wikipedia,

The United Kingdom includes all violence against the person, sexual offences, and robbery as violent crime.

Again, nothing about verbal abuse.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...Nazi Germany planned but give it up after June 1940 after the Luftwaffe was defeated (despite what the movie "Pearl Harbor" suggests, there were no Americans involved in the Battle of Britain)

Actually, there were:

The RAF recognises seven aircrew personnel who were from the United States of America as having taken part in the Battle of Britain. American citizens were prohibited from serving under the various US Neutrality Acts; if an American citizen had defied strict neutrality laws, there was a risk of losing their citizenship and imprisonment. It is believed that another four Americans misled the British authorities about their origins, claiming to be Canadian or other nationalities. Source

Sorry, i missed Mr Affleck .........
to any American individuals during that period, my bad and thanks for the clarification

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Actually, there were:

Sorry, i missed Mr Affleck .........
to any American individuals during that period, my bad and thanks for the clarification

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I too am from Manchester and have lived here for getting on 50 years and it has changed beyond recognition in some parts ask ppeople of Oldham, Rochdale, Bury, etc. They still all come under Greater Manchester.

As far as gun crime there were enormous problems a few years back and then recently things have esculatec. Just because we dont have legal guns doesnt mean we dont have gun crime. Here are just a few from past year. I take it you missed those in your little bubble!

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join