It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Charges Dropped In FBI Spy Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
On Thursday, a U.S. District Judge dismissed a case against a Chinese-American woman that had extensive Chinese contacts who also allegedly obtained classified documents from her lover, a former FBI agent. The case had a false statement made by the former agent, as well as the complaint that the prosecution handled the case poorly. Katrina Leung was accused of taking the documents but never accused of transmitting the classified documents. Leung could have faced up to 14 yrs in prison if she had been found guilty of copyng, transferring or using these papers.

www.cnn.com
U.S. District Judge Florence Marie Cooper dismissed the case for prosecutorial misconduct, finding that the government had purposely made sure that Katrina Leung, a socialite with extensive China contacts, would not have access to her former lover, James J. Smith, for information regarding her case.

Leung, of the Los Angeles suburb of San Marino, allegedly took the documents from his briefcase. She was not accused of transmitting them to China.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This really throws all sorts of questions out there. Like, first off, what was she doing going thru his stuff and taking classified documents? And she has Chinese contacts + classified documents and she is isnt like being obtained on this. I am sure she was, but did anyone really investigate this? I mean come on, Chinese woman + extensive Chinese contacts + falls in love with a former FBI agent + has unauthorized classified document = lands in her hands, by taking them? For all we know, she is a spy.

And he will go to jail, as he should, for having the classified documents and she will walk, which it seems she already has. Makes me throw my hands in the air on this one. Our great judicial system working for the guilty once again, meaning by, letting the guilty walk as in her.

Back story: dated 13 May 2004 www.cnn.com...

[edit on 10-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I guess no one feels that this doesnt add up right...

new topics

join