It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statistics show most Red states have fewer morals than Blue states.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete

Hate in America is only "so apparent" because everyone on ATS blows # out of proportion to fit their agendas.

Wrong. Hate in America is more prevelant today than it was 10 years ago. It seems to have become a national past time for conservatives to go and bash the Liberals. Then when the Liberals try and defend them selves, the conservatives get all mad and start whining that we are spewing hate. Its a one way street with most of the conservatives on this board. Thay are allowed to rip away, but God forbid if a Liberal wants to say something in refutation of of ignorant accusations.

I started this thread to show that the holier than thow conservatives on this board were not so holier than thow. I was getting sick and tired of defending my beliefs and being told Im a communist. The hate originates from the right side and is projected to the left in America. Of course some of us are going to get tired of it and say something.

Conservatives here, for the most part, either bash the environment, bash the Liberal ideology, or just gennerally bash anything that doesnt conform to thier side of the right.

What about gays? How come America's stance towards gays is always so god damned important to everyone? Really?

Its NOT important to most conservatives. As a matter of fact, there are some conservatives on this very board who would rather round up every gay person in the world and get rid of them.

As is apparent, gays have many hurdles to jump for equality in much of the world, even in the *gasp* secularly enlightened European nations. But its fun to point out how bigoted America is because of the high number of Christians, huh?

Its the higher number of Christans AND Catholics that are bigots. I would say that has something to do with it
These religons are supposed to be all accepting, yet the people who practice them look down on anyone who doesnt follow thier beliefs. This is not all religous people, but there is more than not.

The thing with most conservatives is thier do as I say, not as I do preaching. They would like to think that there is nothing so great as to be a righty, and all else is sublevel trash to be disposed of. Yes, alot of conservatives are bigots. Yes, alot of conservatives apparently are not quite as high and mighty as they tell us they are. This was the purpose of this thread.

[edit on 1/15/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Uh, cavscout, like you and all, but abortion as a form of birth control is a myth made up by the republican party and religous nut jobs. Abortion is a lot harder then walking in and asking for one. Most if not all places check to make sure you aren't insane and are able to make said choice(KEYWORD, CHOICE!) and if you go in more then once they make sit in a meeting about safe sex and are subject to not allowing an abortion until you agree to use protection and such things. You can't just go have sex, get pregnant, get an abortion, and then do the same thing the next day.

The reason there is a lower rate of birth in the blue states may depend on the fact that unlike in the south where abstinence(sp?) is taught like masturbation leads to aids and such, while in the blue states safe sex is taught. If safe sex was taught in the bible belt instead of masturbation leads to aids and pregnacny then the number would probably be alot lower. Also, the divorce rate, IDK, the blue states have a lot more people then the red states do with New York, California, Pennsylvania and other big population states. My parents divorced years ago, and live in a red state.(Ohio)

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Great post Pistole pete. I voted you for the way above topsecret

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Herman, any comments?? Nice to know you voted someone, but should still make a comment or such on the subject.

Also, might help in the red states if you made sex between singles legal. Wait, Virginia just did, just what? 20 more to go?(That is sarcasm, I just read the post about how singles having sex was illegal in Virginia until recently)

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Also, might help in the red states if you made sex between singles legal. Wait, Virginia just did, just what? 20 more to go?(That is sarcasm, I just read the post about how singles having sex was illegal in Virginia until recently)

I have never heard this before. If its true, it just further proves my whole point. Could you provide a link to where you found this article please?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Herman, any comments?? Nice to know you voted someone, but should still make a comment or such on the subject.

I'm more-or-less staying out of this one, unless I get dragged in like usual. You know my stance. I don't think one state is going to have more or less moral values as another. Just because a state is red, doesn't mean it's entirely red. Didn't you watch the election? Most of the states were like 48% Kerry, 52% Bush. It's a lot more broad and complex than just saying "everyone in this state is republican, and everyone in this state is a democrat" Some republicans and democrats have different morals. I might argue that I think republicans at least attempt to stick to their morals better, but then you could talk to some of my friends who think that sleeping with someone who's not your wife, or smoking pot is perfectly morally sound. It's awefully hard to argue morals, because they're not necessarily universaly defined.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ok kidfinger.

RICHMOND, Virginia — The Virginia Supreme Court on Friday struck down an archaic and rarely enforced state law prohibiting sex between unmarried people. The rest is here..
www.foxnews.com...

I know your position Herman, and it is hard to keep from getting sucked in, when it is a good discussion, well, unless it is a really bad discussion that you just have to go in and smack someone for not denying ignorance. So far haven't seen that here.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Oh man. People, you have got to read this article. Check out this little quote.

The ruling stemmed from a woman's lawsuit seeking $5 million in damages from a man who infected her with herpes. She claims the man did not inform her that he was infected before they had sex.

This is the whole reason the Law was struck from the books, because of this case.

Looks like they are still making up thier minds on sodomy though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join