It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple sued for touch screen intellectual property violations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Haptic feedback developer Immersion is suing Apple over its 3D Touch and Force Touch features. Multiple versions of the iPhone 6 and Apple Watch each mark an “infringement” of three patents, claims Immersion, which also seeks an end to their US sales.

The iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, and 6S Plus, as well as Apple Watch, Watch Sport, and Watch Edition, all use such Immersion-patented technology

Immersion is known for suing and usually winning. It has won cases against Sony, Google, and Microsoft. In Apple’s case, it is not only pursuing damages, but also seeking cease-and-desist measures that would prevent any more of the listed products from being sold in the US.

Apple already has its hands full with an ongoing class-action lawsuit over what’s come to be known as “Error 53,” when an operating system update mysteriously leaves iPhone 6 devices unusable

Source

Ha! HA HA!
I laughed when I read this.
Apple could very well be slammed with yet another lawsuit which would prevent them from selling their iPhones and watches in the US. The people behind this have won cases against Sony, Google and even Microsoft... So Apple certainly has some trouble coming.
I hope this succeeds.
edit on 2/13/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

A patent on vibrational feedback is the issue. Anything that vibrates when touched could infringe the patent. Vibrators come to mind.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Haptic feedback developer Immersion is suing Apple over its 3D Touch and Force Touch features. Multiple versions of the iPhone 6 and Apple Watch each mark an “infringement” of three patents, claims Immersion, which also seeks an end to their US sales.

The iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, and 6S Plus, as well as Apple Watch, Watch Sport, and Watch Edition, all use such Immersion-patented technology

Immersion is known for suing and usually winning. It has won cases against Sony, Google, and Microsoft. In Apple’s case, it is not only pursuing damages, but also seeking cease-and-desist measures that would prevent any more of the listed products from being sold in the US.

Apple already has its hands full with an ongoing class-action lawsuit over what’s come to be known as “Error 53,” when an operating system update mysteriously leaves iPhone 6 devices unusable

Source

Ha! HA HA!
Apple could very well be slammed with yet another lawsuit which would prevent them from selling their iPhones and watches in the US. The people behind this have won cases against Sony, Google and even Microsoft... So Apple certainly has some trouble coming.
I hope this succeeds.

Good to see they are being bitch-slapped for their patent violations, but the error 53 is a big one as well! I know so many people that want apple destroyed, over error 53, it's ridiculous.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Source

Ha! HA HA!
I hope this succeeds.

Good to see they are being bitch-slapped for their patent violations, but the error 53 is a big one as well! I know so many people that want apple destroyed, over error 53, it's ridiculous.

Cheers - Dave

Error 53? Wasn't that the law they used to wipe out the Jedi?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Source

Ha! HA HA!
I hope this succeeds.

Cheers - Dave

Error 53? Wasn't that the law they used to wipe out the Jedi?

Lol, no, hardware error. If there is a break in the fingerprint reader button or a change due to defect, or the upper screen hardware cabling has issues, problems with sensors, camera, etc., the phone can become an extremely expensive brick. Apple's idiot answer to this situation is "spend another grand on a new iPhone." Apple offers no diagnostic utility to its customers and their "geniuses" are nothing more than propaganda stooges, IMHO This is basically legalized extortion. I'd like to see crApple go the way of the Dinosaurs ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

All Apple has ever done is use already existing technology, improve and rebrand it, have they actually ever had an original idea ? Not saying what they've done is morally wrong as they do improve on the technology and do it well and I personally think the whole patenting system is getting silly when you hear about patent trolls (they make for an interesting read about how people can be total scum) but can we really be surprised that they're getting hit with another lawsuit ?

I'm no fan of Apple due to their pricing of products being such a rip off but I don't think they deserve all the law suits they get thrown at them

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
But what about Cisco? Is it active part of the NSA for tracking VPN connections, or is it an independent company?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Just take a look at how Apple has tried to create all this hardware that it's proprietary in nature but not overall beneficial to the end users as a whole. Yes we have them releasing USB C but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the years of normal mini hdmi adapter use by every other company, I mean the ipods were the worst, I think only a handful if that even had the ability to charge off other cables you had, most needed that stupid dock. People were adding movies and games to their flip phones before Apple was even sexting the idea of a smartphone, so I don't want to hear that route.

Apple just tries to take advantage of people too much while telling them they're actually doing them a favor.

In all honestly, Apple needs to either poop or get off the pot, it's crowding the resource pool for the future of humanity. No room for haters.

edit on 15-2-2016 by Tranceopticalinclined because: Edited to interchange realities.

new topics

top topics

join