It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendelsham Forest: The Mystery Script

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

If you write on paper then touch it does it perform a function?
They were Glyphs (symbols) and served a purpose like a touch screen on a computer...
edit on 14-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ....

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle
Why put the touch screen outside the craft? That's like having your GPS outside your windshield. It still doesn't satisfactory explain if they had telepathy what is the point of glyphs? Pennistons story has been scrutinized, heavily and in almost all accounts it has fallen short. His story, notebooks and opinions on the matter should be disregarded. Hell his report to his commanding officer the day after the event is so starkly different then it is today it should raise some serious doubts.

edit on 14-2-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Did they have telepathy as individuals or did they have technology that had that ability?
He was told what to put into that document and I know that for a fact it was part of the paper trail that was to be released in the future...
This is protocol...
There are many more interviews and materials pictures and recordings from the separate nights which are all still highly classified...
There is much more to the story...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I suppose at this point we can respectfully disagree. I've illustrated my point of view and have nothing more to say about it at this time. Again I do not discount something was seen but that is as far as it goes for me, I believe Penniston to be a fraud.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It's OK to doubt things how else will you begin to question them to come to an understanding...
It's when conclusions are made by preconceived notions or misconceptions that we lie to ourselves unknowingly...
I myself do not see the need or gain for him to lie...
this did nothing positive for his military career his financial state nor his physical health or the light other hold him in...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'll just stick to comic books and let the critical thinkers, critically think about this.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

It's OK to doubt things how else will you begin to question them to come to an understanding...
It's when conclusions are made by preconceived notions or misconceptions that we lie to ourselves unknowingly...
I myself do not see the need or gain for him to lie...
this did nothing positive for his military career his financial state nor his physical health or the light other hold him in...

The OP is dealing with a hypothetical situation and an odd coincidence regarding the use of the name Art Wallace.

But if we are talking about Jim Penniston then the question is where and when did Penniston first lie?

Because he can't get his story straight. In fact it keeps getting injections of hot air like a balloon growing even bigger by the year.

His original statement taken within days of the event says he never got within 50m of the supposed craft.

.....Left vehicle, proceeded on foot. Burroughs and I were approx. 15-20 meters apart and proceeding on a true east direction from logging road. The area in front of us was lighting up a 30 meter area. When we got within a 50 meter distance, the object was producing red and blue light. The blue light was steady and projecting under the object. It was up the area directly extending a meter or two out. At this point of positive identification I relayed to CSC, SSgt Coffey. A positing sighting of the object…1….Color of lights and that it was definitely mechanical in nature. This is the closest point that I was near the object at any point.

In 1993 he decided to tell ITV's "Strange But True" TV show that he'd seen glyphs on the side of a craft as it rose up above the ground.

In the early 2000s his notebook comes out (this is the same one that allegedly holds the binary codes. However he makes no mention of them) for the "Invasion at Rendlesham" show produced by Sci-Fi.

Why is the date of the incident the 27th Dec 1980 in his notebook when he went out into the forest on either Dec 25th and the early hours of the 26th Dec 1980? He was not on duty on the 27th and he told a researcher that this was the date of the incident. The date matches the famous Halt memo. But we now know that date to be incorrect. Seems a bit odd that you wouldn't know what day it was whilst writing up your notes as things are happening.

By 2005 on History Channel's "Britain's Roswell" Penniston was claiming that not only did he see glyphs, he actually touched them. Not only that he photographed them. He also (in a dark forest) spent some 45 mins drawing them despite having photographed them as well. Luckily he did as the photos didn't come out!

Then suddenly in 2010 he reveals to Ancient Aliens (another History Channel show) that he'd actually received a binary code download from the craft to his brain. A code which for whatever reason's decodes into English from time travellers.

Although just a year earlier he told Leslie Kean for her book "UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record"

On one side of the craft were symbols that measured about three inches high and two and a half feet across. These symbols were pictorial in design; the largest symbol was a triangle, which was centred in the middle of the others. They were etched into the surface of the craft. I put my hand on the craft, and it was warm to the touch. The surface was smooth, like glass, but it had the quality of metal, and I felt a constant low voltage running through my hand and moving to my mid-forearm……………. At that moment, I knew that this craft's technology was far, far above what we could ever engineer. When it took off, I felt alone, knowing now what John and I knew. Suddenly, there was no doubt. I realized that it was 100 percent certain that we are part of a larger community beyond the confines of our planet.

Source : UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record"

So did Penniston never get within 50m of whatever it was? Did he get close enough to see glyphs on the side? Or did he really take photos, ,make sketches and receive a binary download as he now tells us. None of which the guy alongside him remembers (John Burroughs).

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

The hypothetical from the OP made me think of Penniston Immediately, I think he is a fraud and have tried to illustrate the same points you are making. Good Luck!

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I could have carried on. For whatever reason he keeps coming up with amazing add-ons to the story. But he doesn't pay attention to the fine details. This means his story just doesn't add up. Some believe he's been brainwashed. Which is entirely possible. But this leaves his testimony on the case in tatters.

Sadly there are always gullible people looking for confirmation of what they want to believe is true and unable to weigh up the evidence that's sitting right in front of them.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Like I said above Ill stick to comic books and meandering cause there is not persuading this crowd they may be wrong. I understand I could be wrong about this too but I have not had any reasonable information otherwise. Ill let the real critical thinkers debate it. Got some popcorn? I got a beer for ya.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Something happened at Rendlesham for sure. But Penniston is either a very mixed up and confused mind control victim, a disinformation agent or a man who enjoys his small modicum of 'fame' and so keeps inventing new aspects to the story.

Now back to the beer and popcorn
edit on 14/2/16 by mirageman because: popcorn

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

wish they had a popcorn emoji to share the sentiment lol

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Well I believe the original statement was the one given by Penniston as he was debriefed on the incident he claimed he was drugged and coached on what he could put into the statement...

This is a typical military tactic when paper trails on sensitive information is considered to be detrimental...
It is protocol...

Also these events are known to have began late December 25th and have recorded information until the 29th...
Not all days were sightings as an official investigation was ongoing...
Several others who were part of said investigation who were not on official duty on these days who were witnesses were also however part of the investigation and present...
Oddly enough some of these same individuals also refuse to be interviewed to this day...

The 50 meter statement was what John Burroughs initially remembered before hypnosis after which his account changed dramatically... He however remembered penniston approaching the craft on his own from the beginning I believe...

I Think you are getting your information from a site that was a sort of a blog which was made in attempt to debunk this incident...

I believe this to be your source...

Perhaps your critical thinking has been impaired by too many beers and you have allowed your process to be contaminated by this suspect page full of disinformation...
www.ianridpath.com...
edit on 14-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

edit on 14-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: add

edit on 14-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

edit on 14-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That doesn't really explain why Penniston keeps adding bits to his story. If you want my sources they are all here in my threads:

Rendlesham Forest .... Can We Let it Be

Ian Ridpath takes part in that one.

And also another :

US DoD have Confirmed the UFO Phenomenon is Real

Which covers John Burroughs injury claim against the DoD.

Believe me I have multiple sources and if you want to hear Penniston at his most embarrasing then look for the Joiner Report on Youtube.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I'm sure inconsistencies can be found from anyone relating information over many years on the same topic...

People's memories are not perfect nor do individuals whom have these experiences have an easy time putting things together for themselves this is an effect all its own and just as mysterious...

Nor do people who are interviewed by different individuals answer the exact same questions everytime...neither is all of thier answers normally used. The interviewer takes what they want from it and portray it the way they see fitting for whatever purpose or agenda they choose...
edit on 14-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Generally peoples memories fade the older they get, people dont just remember fine line grocery store lists 30 years later, generally they forget things over time.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Good reason to document things then...
especially if you don't fully understand them at the time...
You could use a small handbook for instance...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
His documents dint even closely match his testimony from then till now. Back then he claims he never got close to the craft and it flew over a barn. Today he has a ****Ing user manual and telepathic GPS coordinates. His story is very similar to a movie of the time period right before his hypnosis etc etc etc his story is more likely a fraud.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Back then dogs were barking on a farm the lights flew over it and landed in the woods where they approached it...

It's OK...you have convinced me that you do not belive him...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

So many things plausible in this and so many that are not. I have trouble with his "bubble" of info over time, and it made me feel as if he was attempting to buy a chip into the PMM. If anything, details of the latter would instead be the first things that you would probably tell about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join