It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange cloud phenomenon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Most of the time that they're seen the aircraft is at low altitude, which is why it looks like that. In this case, which is very rare, it happened high enough to leave a contrail as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Nice one, good picture also, i once saw a super dense looking cloud/vapor cloud, thingy that just flew around.. it was weird.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Hi,thanks for your reply.Yes one can see weird things in the sky..i had one sighting around 2012 of a cloud behaving so weirdly that i shall never speak of it,on ATS or any site- just off the charts bizarre.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Hi Rax! Thanks for the U2U. Otherwise I would have missed your thread.

So, I see that you have experienced some more unusual events in my favorite spooky place on the planet. With all of your experiences and sightings over the years, I think you might want to consider writing a book.

For those who don't know, South Africa's Mpumalanga Province is a very unique are of the world:
- Extremely mineral rich. Everything from gold and platinum to silica and coal. At one point I speculated that the mineral formations could represent a giant radio crystal, or some other electromagnetic phenomena.
- The geography is extremely varied, going from sea level to the heights of the Drakensberg Escarpment at 9800 feet (3000 meters) which leads to some interesting gravimetry variation.
- Some of the oldest rocks on the planet are found in this area.
- Some of the oldest fossils ever found were found in this general area.
- There are indications that some of the oldest civilizations in world history originated here.
- Mpumalanga lies on the same latitude as the center of the South Atlantic Magnetic Anomaly.
- The province has a relatively weak magnetic field relative other parts of the planet.

Rax, her family, her relatives, and many residents of Mpumalanga have witnessed a great many unusual sky phenomena over the years. In fact, to some extent, I believe these sightings are so commonplace that most of the residents don't even consider them so unusual anymore.

Based on previous ATS conversations I've had with Rax, I started to do a little more research. I consider South Africa, and especially Mpumalanga, an unidentified aerial phenomena hotspot. Anytime I hear of an unusual event in this region, it piques my curiosity.

With respect to Rax, I know that she's been a sky-watcher since she was a child. She is undoubtedly aware of the difference between a standard terrestrial craft and an unidentified sky phenomenon. It sounds to me that from her description of the sighting, the image she provided doesn't do it justice.

I also find it interesting that the contrast enhancement of her image seems to show something concealed within the cloud. However, I'm not familiar enough with image analysis techniques to suggest what this might be.

So, in summary, I'm not necessarily buying the terrestrial airplane solution. I'll give Rax the benefit of the doubt with respect to this sighting.

-dex

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Thanks so much for commenting,Dex,i had a feeling this would interest you
About the book,i don't think i shall be writing one,South African society is still such, that a book of this nature,will make one seem a freak/fruitcake in the eyes of the general populace,especially the white sector of the population,and i wouldn't want to embarrass my kids.Not the ufo sightings part so much,but the abductions and other anomalous experiences. We were such a sheltered society until about 1994,and it still is the type of subject that you don't broach unless you don't care if people think you need a straightjacket. I myself do as a matter of fact not care,but there is my kids and my husband to consider.But thanks anyway:-)

Yes,it didn't seem like a plane could move at this speed,and the whole scenario was just weird.The way the contrail kept going from cloud to cloud,as if waiting a while in each cloud. Because at the speed it was travelling,it should've been out of the last cloud i saw it linked to,in not more than 2 seconds. But as i looked back,i saw the string/contrail leading to the last cloud with nothing appearing from within it. I watched the last cloud for a few seconds+made the remark about the "lil cloud critter" and just after that,it emerged and went barrelling through the sky like an ICBM would,i imagine.And after that,i had the very strong feeling that i Would see a ufo that night. And i did,by the time night came,we were in KwaZulu Province,and i saw the orange-light ufo from the garden of our guesthouse cottage,where i was sitting.As i said,idk if that had something to do with the sighting of this strange cloud/craft phenom,but it was pretty soon after we turned off to the right,onto another road,that i got the feeling about seeing a ufo that night.To be honest,it was like that cloudflyingthingy corresponded to my thoughts..i know that sounds daft
but i guess one "had to be there" to appreciate just how weird the whole thing was.

Now in my mind,a ufo does not leave a contrail,at least none that I've ever seen. And Zaphod's mention of the Prandtl-Glauert Singularity is very interesting. It wasn't humid at that higher altitude-level of the province,though,so idk but i know so little of aircraft and the physics surrounding them..if it Was a terrestrial plane,it was not a commercial airliner,it was going way too fast for that-it would have to be something like a fighter jet,but much bigger.South Africa has no such aircraft,no deep black aircraft programmes,we have some normal fighter jets i imagine,but this seemed like a Big bird,If it was a plane,much bigger than a fighter jet.

You are very correct to say the photo does not do the phenom justice,i didnt have my Canon out,i didn't expect anything interesting on the road,it's a pretty boring-scenery drive for the most part.And even with the Canon,it may not have done it justice,although i could propably have zoomed in better,but it was packed away,and when something like this happens,it tends to make you not want to take your eyes off it,in case it does something and you miss it. It was rather spellbinding,and an utterly cool,magnificent sight to see in real life.Had i lived in a country like America/Russia/China/etc i may have been a bit worried,i may have considered some huge missile over my country,but luckily no-one's ever gonna attack us.Unless they want to reap a permanent war zone-it already is The most violent society in the world Including some active official war zones,and i'm not making that up either,one can google it.

Thanks again so much Dex,wish you a goodly day,Blessed Be

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Here's an interesting stone i found once,while foraging for crystals. It has unfortunately been thrown away by a spiteful relative,so the quality of the crappy lil cell-camera i had to use in those days doesn't present it at it's best. The Canon would have taken a much better pic,but the stone is gone forever now.

It looked to me like a piece broken off a stone tablet,the X looks deliberately inscribed. My husband,who is clairvoyant,once had an incredible and super-vivid dream of an ancient civilisation in this region,a civilisation not Egyptian,but also based around pyramid structures. Whenever one drives home over the mountain pass,back from the provincial capital,it is like descending into a valley of pyramids-most of the hills resemble pyramids worn by time and overgrown with vegetation.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Sometimes I go outside and see many many really many of these stripes at the sky. But I did not hear or see an airplane, but an airplane is the only explanation. Maybe they are flying very high in the sky where you cannot hear or see them and then their exhaust pipe clouds fall down to earth ?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dirkhenry

Hi,thanks for replying.I get what you're saying,what you've observed. But this flying thing was the "pc mouse with the trail being the cord/contrail". It wasn't something like leftover fallout from an aircraft at super high altitude-the "mouse" part Was the craft surrounded by a cloud,and it was barrelling through the sky like a superfast missile or something.
edit on 18-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Hi Rax,

Even though the image of the tablet fragment is blurry, it is clear to me that the X was deliberately carved in the stone. It is a quite an unfortunate loss for us all. A more detailed analysis of the artifact could have presented more information concerning its historical relevance.

I agree with your assertion that there was a prehistoric civilization resident in South Africa. And it is my belief that this civilization predated the Egyptians by many centuries, if not millennia. For those who would demand proof of my assertion, all I can offer is a deeply felt belief that this is the case.

And, I must say that I only recently arrived at this epiphany due to my correspondence with you concerning the uniqueness of your beloved Mpumalanga province. I have for a very long time believed that human evolution has, in one way or another, been influenced by extraterrestrial forces. Some of my research leads me to believe that those influences are possibly due to the proximity of early hominids to off-earth visitors who entered Earth's atmosphere via a "doorway" near the South magnetic pole.

There are other theories that conjecture that Antarctica is, or was, the location of a colony of those forces. I can imagine that an area of experimentation for such a species would be in genetic manipulation. And South Africa strikes me as a perfect laboratory for such activities. Perhaps those efforts were directed at creating an intelligent workforce, furthering their own science, or establishing a species capable of exploiting the resources of the planet to create another space-faring society.

In any event, if I were to decide to travel internationally again, South Africa would be at the top of my list. I think there are mysteries to be experienced there that cannot be conveyed by historical or other documents alone. Of course I hope that you get rid of that nutcase president of yours first.

Take care,
- dex

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Hi Dex,i know,it's a crying shame..that relative is permanently out of our lives by now,having given us precious little other than grief,trouble and strife. I will always feel sad for the loss of the fragment,but i blame Myself, I should have guarded it better

If you do ever decide to visit SA,my family and myself would very much like for you to visit with us.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Thanks Rax,

If you do ever decide to visit SA,my family and myself would very much like for you to visit with us.

When I travel to South Africa, I will most certainly take you up on this most generous offer!

-dex

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Everyone reading this right now please go to the OP and star & flag it. We need more stuff like this back on the front page. Go now!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Thank you very much AA

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join