It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Justice Scalia Dies

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: fartlordsupreme
a reply to: Wardaddy454

no you dont
all you need to do is look at the jackasses popping em out like rabbits to see thats not true
more concerned with quantity than quality
"me first even when it comes to the decision of making you"

and youll still lose
they will grow and learn
and most will turn away after years of psychological struggle

the only hope you have is to turn back the clock and erase all new ideas and the very exchange of them

its an inevitable loss

Not talking about them, I'm talking about the ones in college lol

lol

well thanks for the well thought out reply
i appreciate the effort

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

no you dont
all you need to do is look at the jackasses popping em out like rabbits to see thats not true

and youll still lose
they will grow and learn

the only hope you have is to turn back the clock and erase all new ideas and the very exchange of them

its an inevitable loss

lol

i appreciate the effort

I don't like Fartlords so what do you want from me?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well Barack Hussein Obama II gave a brief speech on Scalia's death, and said he is not in a hurry to appoint the next supreme court judge.

What a lie.

I love that right-wingers think that using Obama's full name makes some sort of profound statement. LOL.

Actually, I'd love to see him appoint Bill Clinton, and then Hillary can appoint Obama when she's elected if someone else dies or steps down in the next 8 years ... LOL.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

no you dont

and youll still lose
they will grow and learn

its an inevitable loss

lol

i appreciate the effort

I don't like Fartlords so what do you want from me?

honesty

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Well Barack Hussein Obama II gave a brief speech on Scalia's death, and said he is not in a hurry to appoint the next supreme court judge.

What a lie.

I love that right-wingers think that using Obama's full name makes some sort of profound statement. LOL.

Actually, I'd love to see him appoint Bill Clinton, and then Hillary can appoint Obama when she's elected if someone else dies or steps down in the next 8 years ... LOL.

Calm down Alfred, not all of us wanna see the world burn.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

What a way that would be to take Hillary out of the race. Appoint Hillary, tie up congress in the nomination process, drop her out of the race, and then let Sanders run unopposed, while also being given a very clear distinction between himself and Obama on policy.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

wait a minute, do you expect the american people to set aside their political ideas and actually do what is best for the country? wow!!! what a novel concept. I still thing that obama should appoint a moderate republican, one of the old fashioned kind, ya know, back when they didn't believe that religion should be playing a major role in the gov't... just so we can watch them knock the appointee down because he isn't republican enough...
but then I kind of believe it should be either a moderate republican or a swinger like kennedy, since if the supreme court balance is thrown too far off center in either direction, it could get bad. the best prospects for the job shouldn't be looking at party politics anyways, but rather at the laws, and searching for justice.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

What can I say, that is his full name given to him by his Muslim father, that is a fact.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

So wait a minute ... those of you who are promoting McConnell's absolutely unconstitutional stance that the Senate will stall until the next Election so the people of the US can "weigh in" on the nominee ... (conveniently ignoring that The People have weighed in twice in 2008 and 2012) ... because you think Obama will appoint a hard-left swinging liberal to the Court ... but you're hoping (somewhat against hope, I might add) that a Republican will be elected in November, that the Senate will stay in Republican hands (also a somewhat silly hope) and therefore you'll get another extremist right-wing partisan like Scalia put in place, patently against the will of the majority of the American people?

None of you clamoring for that see anything logically wrong at all with that, do you? Astounding.

Amazing isn't it?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I wish I could give you 100 stars for that post.

I appreciate the reality.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

"Free speech" is it? Am I the big-bad guvment trying to shut you down because I point out your hypocrisy?

Why not post a gif of the American flag waving in the back ground of your post? Too bad you can't link a sound file of "America the Beautiful."

We know what you're saying, Neo. We know what you always say. It's not surprising. It's not anything out of the ordinary.

Here's the funny part ... you ready? If Mitch does try to hold to his irrational stance, the American people are not only going to elect a Democrat as the next President, but also, quite likely, a Majority Democratic Senate for the next two to eight years.

How many Justices will that allow us to install? 2 more? 3 more? LOL.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

So wait a minute ... those of you who are promoting McConnell's absolutely unconstitutional stance that the Senate will stall until the next Election so the people of the US can "weigh in" on the nominee ... (conveniently ignoring that The People have weighed in twice in 2008 and 2012) ... because you think Obama will appoint a hard-left swinging liberal to the Court ... but you're hoping (somewhat against hope, I might add) that a Republican will be elected in November, that the Senate will stay in Republican hands (also a somewhat silly hope) and therefore you'll get another extremist right-wing partisan like Scalia put in place, patently against the will of the majority of the American people?

None of you clamoring for that see anything logically wrong at all with that, do you? Astounding.

Amazing isn't it?

Why? The senate has the right to vet a nominee and vote no if they deem this person unfit to become a justice.

We know Obama will appoint another hard lefty. Might as well prevent that so that the Supreme Court can remain in near parity. I mean you guys would want the same thing if faced with a conservative majority, so lets not kid ourselves here.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

What hypocrisy ?

And shutdown WHAT exactly ?

Not going to quote that so called 'denial' ?

I know why.

Because someone made stuff up.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Apparently McConnell wants to wait until there's a new sitting president before another justice is appointed. The question is, is it worth the chance of Hillary getting the presidency and nominating Obama?

Oh good Jesus, how can you possibly even suggest such horrors...
edit on 13-2-2016 by Esoterotica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What can I say, that is his full name given to him by his Muslim father, that is a fact.

Oh, sure it is. And it's a great name isn't it? My remark goes to how ludicrious it is that you guys think you're blowing some sort of a dog whistle when you do it ... that's only reaching about 30% of the population, oopse, there's been another death, 29% of the population and steadily dropping.

But you go girl!

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
ya know it appears that when roe vs wade was passed, there were 5 justices that were appointed by republican presidents and 4 that were by democratic presidents. (that's if I didn't make a mistake just now when I checked.) only two justices voted against it, one was appointed by a democratic president, the other was by a republican president.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

If anything, Obama can just do a recess appointment. If the senate ever goes into recess that is.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Actually I am having fun with all the discussion, the Republican debate is off the roof too and Trump is on Bush, is just hilarious.

Whatever happen after the death of Scalia is out of our hands, I am sure that Obama will insource from somewhere and we will have whatever he wants in the supreme court empty seat.

I am having a great time, Happy Valentine day, love conquer everything.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Headline, mid 2017: "President Hillary Rodham Clinton appointed the second new Supreme Court Justice in her first term, which were approved in record time by the Democratically-Controlled Senate ... former President Barack Hussein Obama."

Late 2017: "Chief Justice Obama today thanked Justices Ginsburg and Thomas for their service after both announced their retirement ... President Clinton is expected to send her nominees by the middle of next week for Confirmation ..."

It's the stuff of nightmares, ain't it?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

LOL ... me too.

Happy V-day to you too Marge.

... but before you go ... just try it out for once ...

Chief Justice Barack Hussein Obama ...

Just brings a tear the eye ... don't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join