It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary emails; More released; 15 percent of 551 marked classified

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Here's a perfect example of government waste. Allegedly the State Department is having to go through 55,000 PAPER pages of emails. They have to read each one carefully for key words indicating they may be classified, top secret, confidential, etc...

"With the average ream of paper measuring two inches thick, 55,000 pieces of paper stacked on top of each other is high enough to let someone climb up and change a light bulb 18 feet high -- or even higher if the person stood on top.

The average piece of paper can fit about 500 words, single-spaced, so that much paper could fit more than 27 million words, which would take the average person, who types 40 words per minute, more than a year to type. It would take the average person, who can read a page in about two minutes, more than 76 days to read.

With one tree making more than 16 reams of paper, it may have taken six trees to create those 55,000 pieces of paper."

Link

Why haven't they had the paper auto-scanned to OCR text? That would take roughly 36 hours to auto-scan 55,000 sheets. At that point, many marked classified could be found in minutes via a keyword search.

Hillary knows if there is anything that is going to present a legal problem in those emails. She's an attorney. If there isn't, you would think she would insist the State Department auto-scan them to speed up the process so she could get rid of this anchor on her campaign.

On the other hand, if she knows that there is something that will give her legal problems, why even run? It will be the end of her campaign if she is indicted on anything and there's no way she could continue running with an indictment.

I have my theories about why the State Department is acting like they have to go through these emails by hand for months rather than get it over with in a reasonable amount of time, but I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on this.

edit on 22-2-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Is she "under investigation" like Hillary is "under investigation"?

Maybe she is.

FBI formally confirms its investigation of Hillary Clinton’s email server (Feb 8, 2016)

In a letter disclosed Monday in a federal court filing, the FBI confirms one of the world’s worst-kept secrets: It is looking into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Why haven't they had the paper auto-scanned to OCR text? That would take roughly 36 hours to auto-scan 55,000 sheets. At that point, many marked classified could be found in minutes via a keyword search.

Honestly, we don't know for a fact they haven't.

We don't really know anything ---- other than there are emails, and they are being investigated.

Everything else is speculation. And those who want it to be a major criminal act are adding their own conspiracy opinions to the speculation.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

We don't really know anything ---- other than there are emails, and they are being investigated.

Everything else is speculation. And those who want it to be a major criminal act are adding their own conspiracy opinions to the speculation.

If they have, they still maintain they are going through the paper copies by hand.

ETA: To be honest, I find it odd you called that speculation. The State Department has made no secret about the fact that the emails are on paper, they are reading through them by hand, and the process is slow. I didn't just pull that outta my butt.

edit on 22-2-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

If they have, they still maintain they are going through the paper copies by hand.

Who exactly is stating that? Is it "live" video? Where you can hear exactly word for word? Verbiage (exact phrasing of words) is important.

And what does it really mean? Do you personally believe the FBI has a whole room full of agents doing nothing but reading Hillary's emails?

OCR is still not 100% reliable, but even so someone has to take their "hand" and feed the machine

edit on 22-2-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

ETA: To be honest, I find it odd you called that speculation. The State Department has made no secret about the fact that the emails are on paper, they are reading through them by hand, and the process is slow. I didn't just pull that outta my butt.

I am not calling investigation of the emails speculation.

We do not know the exact method they are using. Do I think they are "hand reading" some? Yes. Do I think they have a team that is "hand reading" all? No.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I am not calling investigation of the emails speculation.

We do not know the exact method they are using. Do I think they are "hand reading" some? Yes. Do I think they have a team that is "hand reading" all? No.

Here's one of thousands of articles that cover it. I am sure you will find references in the judicial order for a review timeline, as well. The info comes from Hillary Clinton and the State Department:

Link to CNN

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Pretty obvious stall tactic on her part.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Its to no avail.

From what it appears to me is that her supporters clearly have extremely low standards and are willing to accept someone who is currently being investigated for a criminal offence as the best they got while having their head buried in the sand?

Or they are simply voting for her because she is a women.

Anyone that would actually support a candidate that is currently being investigated by the FBI for a criminal offence , has a history of blatant lying (sniper fire) , proven conflict of interest , memory recollection issues in numerous scandals, and has millions in questionable transactions in their so called charity should be revoked their common sense card.

Look no further than a Hillary supporter for the problems in this country and why our gov't is so corrupted.

Sadly Hillary will win the election, but not because of support but because the same corruption she brings to the table.
edit on 43229America/ChicagoMon, 22 Feb 2016 11:43:19 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Pretty obvious stall tactic on her part.

And on the State Department's part, too. Like I said, they could have auto-scanned all that paper in under two days to readable text.

I find the stalling interesting.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Sorry, in middle of 5 hour drive across desert.

Human error. You ever tried to focus on a bunch of papers? Eventually your brain tunes out.

I think the emails are put through a machine designed to pick out "hits", then all papers associated in that group are scrutinized by human eyes.

No way do I think each individual email is read by human eyes

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yet that is what the State Department has reported they are doing.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yeah? Want to read that sentence again?
The FBI confirms investigation of .....wait for it.....Hillary Clinton's e mail server. Hillary is not her e mail server.
Honestly if there was anything she needed to be worried about she would have backed out of the race. Why risk an indictment during a run for the highest office in the land? Why waste personal funds on a campaign that's going to be cut short? Why would her own party back her if there was really a chance of an indictment and conviction?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

But Hillary owns the system she was using.

And the FBI has it along with a mysterious thumbdrive that her lawyers had.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That sounds like the IRS investigating your books at your business.... 'they aren't investigating me.... they are investigating my books.'

Except for a couple of things. Illegal handling of classified documents and how many people had access to the server, which by the rules shouldn't have been used in the first place.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So, I'm trying to read info --- without interjecting.

I'm getting that 22 emails were sent to Hillary, that they should have been tagged by sender as classified.

Is that correct?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

22 will not be released at all (ultra top secret)

around 1700 have secret info censored.

we've been through this already.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

22 will not be released at all (ultra top secret)

around 1700 have secret info censored.

we've been through this already.

That does not address my post.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I think it is better to start at the beginning.
How was it discovered by the press that Hillary had a private server containing State Department emails?

A hacker released emails hacked from Sidney Blumenthal, a non-government entity at the time.

Then, once it was out that Hillary had a private server, she deleted around 60,000 emails with NO oversight in the matter.

That tells me plenty, before we hit juicy stuff.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Then, once it was out that Hillary had a private server, she deleted around 60,000 emails with NO oversight in the matter.

That tells me plenty, before we hit juicy stuff.

Just questions. I'm neutral. Facts without speculation.

OK, where is the official proof?

Was it illegal for her to have a home server?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join