It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia and Turkey prepare for Syrian invasion, expect 'massive escalation'.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

originally posted by: daaskapital
This conflict is so messy that it is very difficult to identify all the nuances and factors in play.

Then let's find honest accounts, it's not hard to find as Syrians still have the internet

You'd think a man so hated in his nation would at least have bodyguards when visiting the locals

Those videos just come up as "blah blah.. account terminated" for me too...

I feel the need to highlight, this is why the world is in the dark.. we get FED our narrative via sanctioned media talking heads.. the idiots run with the propaganda.. and we all end up on page 12 swapping media spin.

While the truth of the matter.. is buried deep in BS, to make some faction or gov more powerful for the next hour or so until the next "talking points" are printed for the media heads.. then we go again.

I'm so sick of this war... and i DON'T MEAN SYRIA.. is it too much to ask... just for a few hours.. we all just contemplate what we do to ourselves and our peers on this and other sites... where this is headed.. why is one person able to view some truth while many others are not.. furthering the confusion, and fueling the "debate".. when really.. there shouldn't be as much "debate" ... this is meant to be about ending the troubles in that area... not making another decade/century's more because someone bombed the "wrong moderate.. rebel.. isis.. guys"

We here at ATS should be smarter than the "talking points".. im so very disappointed with what we have all become.. just another outlet for the programming..
while evil men plot.. we bicker...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

To be fair, from non Western reports, the protesters started by shooting the police, that info also comes from Assads mouth too on the escalations.

I understand. I think it probably runs down the middle. I think both parties are to blame.

It's why i mentioned the rise in tensions between the government and early protesters/armed groups being the harbinger of the civil war. Neither party are innocent. Where some protesters killed police and others, the government fired back and entered cities with military force (tanks, soldiers etc). Such an action doesn't do much to quell the tension in a way that is beneficial for a government, as can be seen in the subsequent civil war.

The protesters are what we have now in the form of the FSA, much like the Oregon protesters they were armed, but Oregon folk are terrorists but FSA are just "rebels" not to mention one of the Oregon protesters was murdered by the government but we don't see world outcry from Western governments saying Obama should be put out of office. Again we can take riots in Ferguson, the riots UK had a few years back, but nobody comes out to say that governments should be toppled because of protests and riots ? Why Syria ? Why Libya ?

I think it's a mix of things. Western powers being the dominant force in international politics, media manipulation of facts, and government responses to crisis situations.

It just stinks and I'd rather we be told the truth no matter how disgusting it may be than be told a blatant lie by those we entrust with power and our media is complicit in all of these lies and deceit.

I'm only trying to highlight contradiction and hypocrisy in what the western powers say and what it does, I hold no allegiance to either side but I admit I hold negative bias towards western media reporting of the Syrian and Ukrainian crisis

I agree. I hold concerns of how most media outlets report on international affairs. I think Russian and Western media outlets have handled these crises incorrectly. Instead of gathering the truth, they run propaganda most of the time. I find that gathering information from a variety of sources, including Western media, Russian media and people on the ground go far in getting a clear picture (still not 100% though).

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Funny you mention tanks entering the cities as the video of the Syrian soldier was talking about the snipers that hide in the city highrises and it's one of the reasons they bring in the armoured vehicles because it would be crazy to just walk on foot while snipers are shooting at you.

I FOUND IT, so better you watch and let him explain

hopefully this time it stays up, if this one goes down then I'm calling conspiracy

Now I don't speak Arabic so I'm trusting the validity of the subtitles, but like you say it's so hard to know what to trust anymore that even stuff like this can be turned into propaganda with the right subtitles but I think there's no better source from those who are actually there, living it. It's just finding them that's the problem

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Funny you mention tanks entering the cities as the video of the Syrian soldier was talking about the snipers that hide in the city highrises and it's one of the reasons they bring in the armoured vehicles because it would be crazy to just walk on foot while snipers are shooting at you.

I FOUND IT, so better you watch and let him explain

hopefully this time it stays up, if this one goes down then I'm calling conspiracy

Now I don't speak Arabic so I'm trusting the validity of the subtitles, but like you say it's so hard to know what to trust anymore that even stuff like this can be turned into propaganda with the right subtitles but I think there's no better source from those who are actually there, living it. It's just finding them that's the problem

That's a really good video. Thanks for going out of your way to find another copy.

I agree that people on the ground can be a great source of information. It's interesting to hear this soldiers perspective on why they entered towns with armoured vehicles. It makes sense.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Syrian Arab Army forces has liberated the main power plant east of Aleppo. From ISIS hands.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

According to Turkey it would be the terrorists the right hand of Russia, who fight with...(let turkey name the ISIS according to its own views).

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The Kurds and the SDF have entered Marea after negotiating with rebels there. Turkey is amassing forces on the border near Kobane.

A bunch of information here:

syria.liveuamap.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
SO let me see if i got this right, roughly:

Saudis and Turkey go into Syria.

Russia obviously would not just stand by, so further escalation...

Usa will not just stand idly by, so even more mayhem....

Is this what is projected? and if so, when will TSHTF???? rough date?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
An invasion wouldn't suprise me.
Its not really about ISIS lets be honest...Its about removing Assad.
Saudi and Turkey know they need to get in now before the Syrian Army, Russia and others regain too much control back from ISIS in Syria.
Multiple agendas at play like usual..smoke and mirrors..
No doubt conspired by the US and Saudi..

Turkey should be held accountable for act of war aggression...
But they wont be.. whats the bet in the end Russia will be blamed for whatever happens.

International law means nothing to these countries..

edit on 16-2-2016 by crazyaussi because: Addition

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

If the Kurds were sensible they'd enlist in the SAA, that way if Turkey attacks them they're effectively declaring war on Syria

That livemap is good, thanks for posting it

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The first nukes coming soon, I have to change my avatar soon
Daesh already used chemical weapons, proven now by international team, against the Kurds. Daesh may have obtained nuke and throw it on Damascus (thus fulfilling the ancient prophecy). Then it will be responded. The nuclear war will be set aflame, although it won't probably continue with bigger exchanges at that time.

Another option is Daesh to succeed somehow on its treats on Washington and Rome. How, I don't know. Another prophecy will be fulfilled, that of the last pope in Rome. CIA already warned Rome officially.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is a plot to take the land that ISIS stole and give it to the jihadi freaks backed by Saudi and Turkey.

As well for Turkey to mess with the Kurds

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Evidently Turkey are now calling for European allies (and the U.S.) to participate in any ground operation, and are saying they will not act unilaterally and without allied consensus. It seems incredibly unlikely to me that Europe or the U.S. would do so as none want to be involved on the ground there.

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia is apparently taking part in a massive - ostensible - exercise/drill with many other nations. And the U.N. is saying humanitarian corridors are beginning.

So lots of conflicting reports from lots of different sources as to what is imminent. Some say temporary cease fire. (Though they are clearly not very confident of this, as parties refuse to call it a ceasefire, merely a "cessation of conflict.") Others say said cessation does not apply to terrorist groups - which depending on which country you ask could include all or none of the parties currently engaged on the ground. Others say Turkey will invade unilaterally. Turkey says they will not and want allied support. Some say Saudi Arabia is mobilizing to invade and that Iran wants to fight them if they do. Others say it's a drill, and Iran says it has no fight to pick with the Saudis. Meanwhile Turkey simultaneously calls for U.S. support for any ground operation, while also blaming the U.S. support of the Kurds for the ongoing "sea of blood."

Continues to be a very chaotic and unpredictable situation imo.

Peace.
edit on 2/16/2016 by AceWombat04 because: typo

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
It seems incredibly unlikely to me that Europe or the U.S. would do so as none want to be involved on the ground there.

Of course they want to be dipping their fingers into the Syrian hotpot, if they didn't they never would have started this whole mess by promoting the "moderate" rebels

Want to know what the rebel scum sound like ?

They sound pretty much like ISIS to me chanting for Allahs snackbar, I don't know if this is common for all Muslim whether extremist or not to chant "glory to God" so perhaps somebody can correct me but right now I see these rebels as the same as ISIS just a different shade of extremism

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I don't need subtitles. A look in his eyes is telling me he is genuine and makes me feel sad and ashamed. They are facing a true axis of evil from all sides living within striking distance for years.
I can't stand the idea of him being one of those who died in the tank in the second vid by the hand of the well equipped sick bastard

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
A couple of thoughts if I may,

-America has created almost every single boogeyman it has fought both here and abroad.
-This conflict goes much much deeper than most realize as this is nothing more than a land grab for all interested parties (Russia sees this and is acting accordingly)
-If WWIII doesn't pop off at the behest of ISIS, then it will in the same region under another guise.
-This is a game of chess and the pawns are the people, we will not fully see who is controlling the pieces until it's too late.
-Russians are proud, almost to a fault. They will over react given the right catalyst. America knows this.
-When you put that many armies in such close proximity, wars happen that way, it is inevitable.

All we can really do is pull up a chair and watch the show. Something tells me that somebody really wants this to go the distance. Hence it will happen and there aint poop we can do about it.

Popcorn anyone?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyaussi
An invasion wouldn't suprise me.
Its not really about ISIS lets be honest...Its about removing Assad.
Saudi and Turkey know they need to get in now before the Syrian Army, Russia and others regain too much control back from ISIS in Syria.
Multiple agendas at play like usual..smoke and mirrors..
No doubt conspired by the US and Saudi..

Turkey should be held accountable for act of war aggression...
But they wont be.. whats the bet in the end Russia will be blamed for whatever happens.

International law means nothing to these countries..

Their will be no "invasion". What there will be is trainers, arms and SF from Turkey, Saudi Arabia and likely many other nations for the SDF who with backing of Coalition air support will finish off ISIS. They have been making steady advances against ISIS and more more groups are joining them, Syrian Arabs, FSA, tribal militias, Kurds, Turkmen militias, Christian militias etc. They group is heading for the ISIS capital where they will be prepped and supported by Western, Arab and Turkish forces. Once ISIS is done then that group is going to head for Assad. And as they do the will be joined by most of the other rebel groups. If their is not a peace deal before that, the includes the removal Assad then that group will remove him by force. And the only way to stop them would be a much larger never ending force to prop Assad up.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You should write fantasy novels. Russia has two bases in Syria. A naval (tartus) and joint air force Bases (Latakia, Kheimemem) They are as likely to give that up as the US in Iraq.

Turkey has been buying oil and supporting ISIS as was proven when the US special forces killed the Isis finance chief and found his computers. Not to mention Turkey considers the Christian rebel groups terrorists and has been shelling them for four days as they take over Isis strongholds near the border.

mobile.reuters.com...

The only thing worse than assad would be taking him out and having Syria share the fate of Libya. At least under Assad Syria was a moderate Muslim nation.
edit on 17-2-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Thank you for digging this back up! I wish we could flood the net with REAL videos

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Blimey it's just getting crazy of there. I would expect the Lebanon being turned into a permanent settlement block (West Bank style) if Nasrallah lives up to his threat www.debka.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join