It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why it’s unlikely to be a revolution in America…When do we upend the oligarchy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It’s difficult in America because too many people are comfortable enough( in creature comforts) that massive Arab spring type combustion of people hitting the streets in anger (I’m fed up and can’t take it anymore) is unlikely.

What’s happening is that their picking us off one at a time economically....Controlling the mass press--thereby dumbing down the population, and creating political ignorance.

What I mean by this is for example that plant that just closed because their moving to Mexico and laid of a 1500 people is just one incident among many that the corporate press doesn’t advertise enough therefore people just don’t know or just don’t feel the pain of what’s happening. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, you wonder why all of a sudden after Al Jazeera shuts down on April 30, we’ll have not one legitimate news cable network anymore!

Now we know why. They want only tabloid garbage fed to us!

CNN, FOX and MSNBC and their obsessive tabloid like ambulance chasing news will be all we have!

Then you have the self(ish) orientated conservative movement that defends everything the elite prize and is programmed like robots to hate anything that resembles liberalism when it takes up the mantle of the middle and lower class.

They’ll NEVER be part of a revolution where the corporate greedy pigs are finally overthrown and their criminal system of extortion ( the American political and electoral process) of our leaders ended.

Then you have the traitors amongst the liberal progressives like a Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton who deceive the American people to believe they are for them but get in office and pass these crippling ( send American jobs overseas) trade deals.

This election may be our last chance before we go into virtual serfdom if Bernie doesn’t win. Of course Trump is also talking economic freedom from the elite but we don’t know if he is legit yet.

Of course Bernie can be a part of the usual deception as well. I doubt it, but you never know.

So it’s unclear when or if the revolution can start in America because they have taken over the press, made it into 100 percent tabloid garbage, fostered the selfish conservative movement, and give enough people comfort and entertainment, like the Super Bowls, Beyonce concerts, and idiocy on TV that the people are too befuddled to have the mentality to start a real revolution in America.

God help us

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I agree, most people are too stupid to enough know what the real threats are to effectively fight against them.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The election will be a farce, no matter who wins.....
The same people will still be in control of so much wealth that Governments are rendered meaningless......
One must decide what his or her duty actually is.....
Whereupon one then must work up the courage to do it.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Reading part of your post, I agree. I think corporations are now taking over slowly but in mass scales.
I didn't know Verizon will have a new name after 10+ years!
The stuff that most of you ATS members said would happen, are happening now. Or if you thought it would happen, then its manifesting in reality.
We'll see if a revolution ever occurs later in the future after elections are over.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There will be no longer a major news outlet that reports real news after Al Jazeera leaves April 30th.

People don’t realize yet the enormity of that fact alone.

Right now, all we’ve got is Al Jazeera acting anything like a real news network, but it’s gone in April

That alone is frightening.

I know we have the alternative media but it’s too fragmented probably to compete with the mass psychological disease that is CNN, FOX and MSNBC.

Folks were being brainwashed like machines and zombies

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Anti Iraq war protesters - propaganda outlets deemed them unpatriotic - majority bought the lie.

Occupy wall street - propaganda outlets deemed them dirty uneducated hippies - majority bought the lie.

Oregon ranchers - propaganda outlets deemed them delusional fools - majority bought the lie.

Just off the top of my head, can anyone see a pattern?
edit on 13-2-2016 by Sublimecraft because: clarification

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Anti Iraq war protesters - propaganda outlets deemed them unpatriotic - majority bought the lie.
Occupy wall street - propaganda outlets deemed them dirty uneducated hippies - majority bought the lie.
Oregon ranchers - propaganda outlets deemed them delusional fools - majority bought the lie.

Just off the top of my head, can anyone see a pattern?

Absolutely it’s a pattern.

Interesting you brought up the Iraq war protest.

I believe they put a huge amount of people in the streets then to protest that vile war.

That may be the last one in American history as we all go down into god knows what.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
The election will be a farce, no matter who wins.....
The same people will still be in control of so much wealth that Governments are rendered meaningless......
One must decide what his or her duty actually is.....
Whereupon one then must work up the courage to do it.

You’re probably right. There’s just nobody countering these elite bandits and their Manchurian candidates.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

But, just who is left to counter them? They either bought, joined forces with or cleaned up the competition. Smaller companies being bought eventually turn into homogenous mega-corporations all running business world-wide and evading tax payments wherever possible.

Then there's us. The law is on their side, they have state sanctioned violence on their side, they have all the money, the media, all the time in the world and have been playing the game for a very long time. We on the other hand.....

What a depressing thought for a Saturday night. Sorry.

ETA: Double apology! I had vowed never to take part in political threads again. It's a subject I hate discussing because I invariably end up all angry and helpless. Everyone can see the problem and a solution, but it never happens in a sane and sensible way...
edit on 13/2/16 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The answer to unrestrained greed, to the rape of the lands, and the apathy of society, is not a political or governmental one, but a moral one. The loss of the sacred has given way to a rise of the profane, as people trade their religions for political affiliations, and their messiahs for politicians.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
What did you expect when the government legalized propagandizing Americans ?
This is the natural outcome ,...................why the change in legislation.....?
Control of your minds.....
garbage in.....garbage out.......
The force of the tyranny that's coming will encompass your whole being by the time they perfect it.............

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Your right...where pretty well F_____

Without grease

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

There’s only the alternative media.

Now we know why AL Jazeera is leaving.

They want us into TOTAL tabloid news ONLY.

Super Bowl, Sex, and rock n roll, movies, nutty conspiracy and crime.

There aren’t even any more revolutionary rock artists

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

The answer to unrestrained greed, to the rape of the lands, and the apathy of society, is not a political or governmental one, but a moral one. The loss of the sacred has given way to a rise of the profane, as people trade their religions for political affiliations, and their messiahs for politicians.

You’re right it’s all based on the spiritual and that’s become as profane, with the murder incorporated Wahhabis running around supported by the Western intelligence groups.

It affects all religion and makes all of them more violent.

They don’t want real spirituality

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The days of revolution are long past imo; things have changed a lot since America first gained freedom (assuming you don't believe the long term NWO plan in which case everything is planned & right on schedule)
Even if we wanted to have a revolution, technology & the current state of police/military forces are stacked against the common man. It would be bloody & nearly impossible to rise up & change anything if the enforcer slaves stay true to their masters & measly pay checks.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well, comrade, I'm sure it won't be the liberals that begin a cleansing of the system, that's for sure.

All you've recruited is quasi-professional 'victims' that rely on that corrupt and bribing system that rules this nation.

We watch with interest as the complainers continue the blame game. All one needs to do is read your OP to see how all is everyone else's fault and do nothing but bitch.

We shall see where this all ends up. One thing for certain, the complainers will still be complaining....no matter what.

edit on 13-2-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
We'll have to wait for another national disaster. In the era of French Aristocrats, they didn't keep an eye on food production. So when a combination of plague and famine struck, the aftermath led to a shortage of labor. Whenever a land owner treated his laborers badly, they would just leave.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

people prefer the promise of an easy lie to that of a difficult truth?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

There wont be any revolution. The majority of the masses...the young, the old, the "joe average" see no point. They have mortages to pay and kids to get in colleges, and teens wanting those new 'hover boards".

We are a plastic society. We care more about the "stuff" thats in it...than the society itself. Even us here at ATS...with the nearly half a million of us here...if we all got together to revolt, along with the anonymous and tea party groups...and add all the states militias...all together...there still wouldnt be enough to cause an effective revolt...

The majority of everyone just doesnt care. Oh sure, WE do...and its a nice thought...but the millions upon millions upon millions of the rest of society just dont see the point, dont care about the point, wouldnt contribute to making it different.

Example:
To my teen niece: "Atom bombs are falling all around the country right now. The president has ordered all financial institutions closed, and a large EMP has knocked out all the power to all the businesses, transportation, lights etc. The rich folks and government higher-ups are moving off to their "secret-off-the-grid" places to wait it out. We are in deep trouble right now!".

My niece: "Oh. Ok. Can you drive me over to Megans house? We gonna do our nails, 'prolly 'twitter, instgram 'n facebook n stuff."

Sad, but true. There would never be enough people to revolt against the status quo. Just wont happen. No matter how you try to justify it here on an Internet forum. Wont happen.

People like their latte's way too much.....
edit on 13-2-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Makes one wonder what it would take to wake us all up.

A revolution is still possible.

<<   2  3 >>

join