It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KING: Peyton Manning’s squeaky-clean image was built on lies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

How did you come up with that response to my post?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Shhhhh...You're destroying the hero worship idealization of the character Manning plays, for Christ's sake!
Damn you!

Btw...just came back to note that this story is now trending on fb. Just noticed that when I went back over there. Top story.
This might very well blow the hell up.
I still think the HGH allegations are going to be something he's going to be dealing with for a long time, once the money stops flowing to keep mouth's shut. That's the only reason more on it isn't all over the place at this time, imo. No way something like that stays under wraps this long without money flowing.

When the cash cow quits producing milk, then and only then will they throw it under the bus......for, more money, of course. (No "bad press" and all that) But, given Manning's status, idk if that will ever happen. He's the face of the NFL right now, and has been for sometime. He's an insider in every sense of the word. Whole family is. Be interesting to see if it's buried or brought to light. (I for one, believe he was using HGH..not because of the shifty reports. Mostly because of the injuries that would've ended a mortal...and then he comes back on top of his game? Nah...not even in the slightest......Having said that, I kinda go with Carlin's take on stuff like HGH in the NFL.....I could honestly personally care less, but I can also see the issues and problems it causes and could cause...so)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The same way you linked papa John to a sexually assult charge against Peyton msnning.
I can only assume you are talking about his character. Am I wrong?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

Soooo what about "not trying to be that guy" part?

What the hell are you on about? LOL
The "not trying to be that guy" part was solely to note that I don't really have a dog in it, just presenting the information...something some of you here at ATS like to attempt to crucify for, but it won't work, so...just stop.

I don't give a sh!t about your past, glory football days and all. What are you NOW? I was making a point.

You're point makes no sense. How is this about me?
And "what am I now"? Broke and jaded, that's what I am. Boring and callous....I could go on. Is that good enough for you?

Are you saying that since Manning made tons of money playing a game that he "is something now"?
I really don't get what it is you are implying or what "point" you're making, other than fame/glory/money equates good morals and a good guy.

Are you a New England fan.....Carolina maybe?

I'm a fan of the game. I could care less who wins, I just like the game. I don't do the "rah rah" go my team screw your team and their players" jazz, that's for the mindless (and hopelessly lost). If I cheer for a team it's because they play well, it varies week to week.

Are you satisfied? Care to actually comment on this beyond "boo, if he did this"? Or you just gonna go on about me all day? It's flattering, it really is, but this thread isn't about me.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Without gleaning the information in the pdf, you are basically blindly commenting here.
Typical with ATS these days, because....reading is hard, or something.....

Read the pdf, and then have a go at it.
TIA

The op didn't even read the 75 page pdf. Besides, I commented on the article.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So you base your view of "his character" on what you see in the media?
Interesting...

Also interesting that you are commenting here but still haven't read the pdf....you're just mindlessly going on and on about it yet failing to read the actual facts of the matter. You're time going on about "his character" to could used to see some of "his character" off the field and out of the media spotlight where he is "the good guy, at all times"....but again, nawww, reading is hard and stuff.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I appreciate you bringing this to light.
I have skimmed the PDF and it is concerning, to me, that a big section has been sealed.
He is sort of a hero in these parts. Of course.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. I personally believe (just a belief) that much more of these type of incidents occur and are just never reported. I have heard of shocking incidents just in our local high school sports programs and one very recently that made the news...

I am curious though of the timing of both this story and the HGH allegations...?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

edit on 13-2-2016 by Jakal26 because: nm

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Please show me where I said he was innocent?
I clearly said this should be investigated or did you fail to read that part?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I am curious though of the timing of both this story and the HGH allegations...?

I thought the same thing when I first come across it this morning, and considering the source I know over at fb that initially shared it I passed it by the first time around. An hour later I went back and started digging in.
The timing is suspect...but so is that pdf and the redacted stuff....and the lies (his fellow players said essentially he was lying about a variety of things).....

The HGH allegations have been ongoing for some time now, but as I said, seem to be actively being buried at this time. I find that to speak volumes, actually.
I would, frankly, be VERY surprised if those allegations are not true. No way he bounced back like he did otherwise. (That is, however, only my opinion at this time)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Glad you know me so well that you know what I did and didn't read this morning before I posted this, hoss.
How about you stick to yourself and don't assume or accuse me?

And, btw, I did read the pdf.....I wouldn't have posted the goddamned thing had I not.

*rolls eyes and walks away, realizes ATS is not what it used to be.

I apologize for mixing you up with the guy that said he didn't read the pdf. My mistake.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Vector99

The same way you linked papa John to a sexually assult charge against Peyton msnning.
I can only assume you are talking about his character. Am I wrong?

I didn't do that at all, I said Peyton partnered with a CEO who gives zero f's about his employees.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I clearly said this should be investigated or did you fail to read that part?

Clearly not by you, of course.
You'd have to actually read it for that and I see that isn't happening.

Why do I keep responding to stuff like this? It's beyond me why I do, honestly.

edit on 13-2-2016 by Jakal26 because: editted because bluntone was mistaken

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I read your post as you had not had time to read the pdf. I went back and now I see you said I hadn't had time to read it.
Again I am sorry.
must be hard to be perfect.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yeah, sure...."perfect" because I read the pdf and can read replies.....riiight.

Anyways, enough of this.
Got anything to add of substance? If not, move along.

I'm outta here for a while anyways.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The "not trying to be that guy" part was solely to note that I don't really have a dog in it, just presenting the information...something some of you here at ATS like to attempt to crucify for, but it won't work, so...just stop.

I don't give a sh!t about your past, glory football days and all. What are you NOW? I was making a point.

And "what am I now"? Broke and jaded, that's what I am. Boring and callous....I could go on. Is that good enough for you?

Are you saying that since Manning made tons of money playing a game that he "is something now"?
I really don't get what it is you are implying or what "point" you're making, other than fame/glory/money equates good morals and a good guy.

I'm a fan of the game. I could care less who wins, I just like the game. I don't do the "rah rah" go my team screw your team and their players" jazz, that's for the mindless (and hopelessly lost). If I cheer for a team it's because they play well, it varies week to week.

Are you satisfied? Care to actually comment on this beyond "boo, if he did this"? Or you just gonna go on about me all day? It's flattering, it really is, but this thread isn't about me.

Your title to this thread is sh!t.

And you look funny.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The title is the headline from the article. T&C requires using the original title, that is what I did.

...and, I couldn't care less about "looking funny", or your derailing garbage.

Moving on.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The title is the headline from the article. T&C requires using the original title, that is what I did.

...and, I couldn't care less about "looking funny", or your derailing garbage.

Moving on.

Yes Ma'am.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is old news. I first read similar details about 10 years ago. I would imagine most hardcore NFL fans already know this, as do the companies that Manning stumps for. Peyton isn't a marketing spokesman because of his squeaky clean image, as King contends. Peyton is an in demand spokesman because of 3 things:
1. His athletic accomplishments
2.He's a likable guy
3. He is at ease behind the camera

The fact of the matter is that Shaun King is a race baiter and this article borders upon yellow journalism. If Manning was black King would never write this article.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Who cares. He's a multimillioniare either way.

We are both marks. Just because I root for my team over the entire sport doesn't make me less of a mark.

Not on the cowboys so it doesn't matter.

edit on 11-3-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: add content

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join