It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus isn't God, doesn't claim to be God and doesn't want to be worshipped.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Philippians 2:5-7New King James Version (NKJV)The Humbled and Exalted Christ

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
John 14:9-11New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 

edit on 15-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
In The Bible Jesus Is Worshipped As God

No one else but God is worshipped in the Bible.

In Isaiah 42:8 God says, "I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else." (NLT)

In Exodus 20:3 God tells us to worship is only for the true God: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (KJV)

Jesus is worshipped as God:

John 20:28 (Accepted worship from Thomas) - "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." (KJV)

Hebrews 1:6 (All the angels are told to worship Jesus) - "And then, when he presented his honored Son to the world, God said, "Let all the angels of God worship him." (NLT)

Matthew 2:11 - (Wise men worshipped Jesus) - "They entered the house where the child and his mother, Mary, were, and they fell down before him and worshipped him." (NLT)

Matthew 8:2 - (A leper worshipped Jesus) -"And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying 'Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.'" (KJV)

Matthew 9:18 (A ruler bowed in worship.) -"As Jesus was saying this, the leader of a synagogue came and knelt down [worshipped] before him and said..." (NLT)

John 9:38 (A blind man worshipped Him.) - "And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him." (KJV)

Remember, God has commanded that only God is to be worshipped. There are no exceptions.

In Exodus 34:14 God says: "For you shall not worship any other God, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." 

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Stop lying about God...

This thread is dead...
edit on 15-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Stop lying about God...

This thread is dead...

Tell me some of your threads Id like to read them. Look at ny threads numbers, pretty solid.

And you have yet to prove that Jesus is God.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Truer words were never spoke

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Oh he is? Your excellent post with all your citations has swayed my opinion..

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Oh he is? Your excellent post with all your citations has swayed my opinion..

But it's the LACK of evidence that proves my point.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Let face the reality of Jesus. He ascended into "cloud" to go to "heaven", i.e. he boarded spaceship to go to a far away planet/galaxy where heavenly throne is located. He doesn't sit on a cloud for all those 1980 years to await his hour at Armageddon. It is absurdity maintained during the darkest ages on earth.

We have to recognize the obvious in the Scripture that has not been said more precisely simply for lack of vocabulary. Ezekiel 1 couldn't be more explicit. Did you hear ONE homily on that? I didn't during all my life as devote Christian.

For all those 1980 years in "heaven" Jesus could have enough children to be his faithful servants to as many planetary systems as God wanted to do.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
Let face the reality of Jesus. He ascended into "cloud" to go to "heaven", i.e. he boarded spaceship to go to a far away planet/galaxy where heavenly throne is located. He doesn't sit on a cloud for all those 1980 years to await his hour at Armageddon. It is absurdity maintained during the darkest ages on earth.

We have to recognize the obvious in the Scripture that has not been said more precisely simply for lack of vocabulary. Ezekiel 1 couldn't be more explicit. Did you hear ONE homily on that? I didn't during all my life as devote Christian.

For all those 1980 years in "heaven" Jesus could have enough children to be his faithful servants to as many planetary systems as God wanted to do.

Don't you have to go get rid of some thetans? Jesus didn't need a spacecraft to get to heavan.

He isn't God but he is THE Messiah. I like ancient aliens too but those guys are quacks and publicity fiends. Von Daniken never discovered anything he wrote some books at the right time and got lucky. We are not genetic experiments were all from the same Father and we are immortal spirits in a diposable body.

Death on earth is a new life in heaven.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul
How about verses where Jesus did not refuse the worship of men

Mt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
Mt 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
Mt 9:18 ¶ While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.
Mt 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
Mt 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mt 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
Mt 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mr 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
Lu 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:
Joh 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

Who is the Messiah promised too?

What is connected to that promise?

edit on 15-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

When did God Almighty say that it was okay to worship one of his messiahs?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Wrong.

The direct translation is Knelt Down. Source, Direct Translation

You are basing your translation off the KJ version which needed to continue to the dogma that Jesus and Jehovah were the same entity. Most modern translations have corrected this error.

Kneeling or bowing does not always denote worship...Case in point, East Asian cultures.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

see it is easier for men to change the words of God to that which would reflect not the truth because they do not beleive what the word of God says.

God's preserved word says worshipped. Which is much more than just mere knelling down.

And it doesn't explain why the ten plus Thomas worshipped him but that Thomas called him his Lord and his God.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

So the direct translation disagrees with your view, and your answer is "it is easier for men to change the words"? That's lazy bro.

Also, Thomas did not call him that. You are ill informed.

Thomas GASPED in realization. Yesterday I said to my wife "OH MY GOD", but I definitely wasn't calling her god.

You are using poor interpretation to perpetuate your view.

It is even TRANSLATED as an exclamation, and not calling him a title. You conveniently left out the full context though.

"My Lord and my God!" Thomas exclaimed.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
It is more like an incorrect translation disagrees with the preserved word of God that's all.

And you are wrong it is not a gasping by Thomas it is a statement as he says unto him, my Lord and my God. Using the name of God in the way you try and explain it would be in violation of them to use the name of God in vain.

Look again there is no exclamation point only a period. This is where men disagree with the preserved word of God.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Many people can bend a knew and not worship. Worship can be done standing, kneeling, prostrate, and on ones head because worship is an act of the heart not a position of ones body.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

So the direct translation disagrees with your view, and your answer is "it is easier for men to change the words"? That's lazy bro.

Also, Thomas did not call him that. You are ill informed.

Thomas GASPED in realization. Yesterday I said to my wife "OH MY GOD", but I definitely wasn't calling her god.

You are using poor interpretation to perpetuate your view.

It is even TRANSLATED as an exclamation, and not calling him a title. You conveniently left out the full context though.

"My Lord and my God!" Thomas exclaimed.

Thank you for pointing this out!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

All of those statements remain true for those who can accept that Jesus is the Light created in Genesis 1:3, and co-creator of the entire visible and spiritual creation.

Colossians 1:15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

The Father created his Son, whom he called the Light in Genesis 1:3. The father also gave his son these names, YHWH Elohim, the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ.

Jesus is all of those characters in the bible but he is not gis Father. He was the firstborn, created by his father, just like the bible clearly ststes many times.

Co-creator with the Father, a God to us who humbled Himself as one of us. But a God who clearly said he was created by his father and he was always obedient to his father.

Any other conclusion creates contradictions within the texts. Therefore Jesus must be the Son of God and the Light/Holy Spirit just like he said. But he never claimed to be his father, and ordered us to be obedient to the Father. The only way to follow Christ is to be obedient to the Father.

edit on 15-2-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

I watched Von Daniken many times, and let me be honest, he explains the ancient texts much better than Catholic sunday preachers and protestant mega church apocalyptic prophets.

Judaism and Christianity are clear God does not dwell on earth, He is not an idol, he is on hi in heaven, or what we would call today space may be, and that should be enough to realize God is not of this earth therefore "extra - terrestrial" by definition. Obviously, there is a hierarchy up there, there s one supreme being the Creator of All, and there are multitudes of celestial Hosts with different proportions of spirit and body (as mgr Balducci the Vatican demonoogist called the ET). What else is Ezekiel 1 then if not angelic extraterrestrial manifestation?

It doesn't mean "little green men". Unfortunately the MSM and public opinion in the second half of 20th century made such a stupid conclusion that all aliens are little green men, therefore closer to the demons. It is wrong.

The religions especially Christianity who pretends to lead the rest, with the unique figure of Jesus Christ, should take the issue MUCH MORE SERIOUSLY and to STOP MEDIEVAL TALKS of ill understood interpretation of dogmas that is not helpful. We all know of more sacred texts to exist, that say it differently (not necessarily contrary to). New gospels were rediscovered being as ancient as 5th century or so. Dead Sea Scrolls are stil not published. In the 30% published scripts, one could read that Melchizedek is also scheduled to come before the End of the world. (in mortal or resurrected body, or how in a spaceship or what). That means Churches have still to learn and rediscover their own past.

I have to mention Moses again, he or his disciples wrote what we call now Genesis. He cannot be farther from the truth speaking of the creation of the universe, the stars and the earth. Not only for the 6 days that are absurd. But he missed a lot more details about the Nephilim or call it whatever, he never mentioned Atlantis that we know from other sources to exist on earth too. He wrote all that some 2000 years after the events, and there is no guarantee he was right. That is not a revelation from God as the 10 commandments were. That was the saga of the Jewish people preserved from generation to generation. So he might be wrong for Jacob and Abraham, and even more incorrect for the time before the Flood. That all is NOT A DOGMA in Christianity. I am not obliged to believe it in order to be saved, according to the mainstream understanding for salvation.

As we talk of dogmas, because they cannot be changed by definition, may be it is a time to think of new ones to define better what the books tell us. As the dogma of the assumption of Virgin Mary in heaven came in 20th century by the last conservative pope Pius XII, as a result of apocrypha texts. The first pope contacted indirectly by ET if we are to believe insiders (interview of Bob Dean by Camelot).
edit on 16-2-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

No,the father is not the son and the son is not the father but they were one God.

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

edit on 16-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join