It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear US Government , Please Keep Your Fat Nose Out of OUR Business !

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

First, get one thing straight. The CURRENT administration wants Britain to remain in the EU.

I have no doubt the future administration would want the same too.

I, as an American citizen, think you guys would be better off on your own.

Thank you , so do I.

edit on 14-2-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Dear Gortex
Sir you need a few facts:
In 1992 then President G W Bush completed the total withdraw of US nuclear forces from the UK.

The U.K. Currently has about 225 Vanguard class warheads in your inventory. Mounted 10 to 14 MIRV's in each Trident D5 SLBM equates to 40 missiles. Spread across your 4 SSBM subs, I highly suggest you keep at least 3 armed sub at sea at all times, lest you could lose all of your fleet in one Perl Harbor style attack.

I have seen the rants about the UK withdrawing from NATO. If you go it alone be prepared to spend much more on defiance. I simply don't think the UK has the money, so NATO in a necessary cost. If you aren't willing to defend your neighbours, then you can't really expect them to defend you. With out NATO's backing the UK isn't the global super power it once was.

MAD, mutually assured destruction is the biggest poker game on the planet. If you want a seat at the table you have got to have chips to play, and a player with few chips is an in effective player.

The Earth is a very violent planet, wars and rumours of wars have been circulating all of my life, and I don't see it changing in the near future, and it would be a shame to see something other than the Union Jack flying over the UK.

www.bbc.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.ploughshares.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Is the OP a True/False question? If so, then: TRUE!

If i was from the UK, I'm pretty sure I'd feel exactly the same.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Sir you need a few facts:
In 1992 then President G W Bush completed the total withdraw of US Nuclear forces from the UK.

In 1991 the cold war ended hence the withdrawal of US nuclear forces from the UK.

I have seen the rants about the UK withdrawing from NATO. If you go it alone be prepared to spend much more on defiance.

I'm not advocating leaving NATO , by not renewing Trident we'll spend a lot less on defence.

If you aren't willing to defend your neighbours, then you can't really expect them to defend you.

We defended them well enough in WW2 so they can defend us in WW3.

With out NATO's backing the UK isn't the global super power it once was.

We haven't been a global superpower since the days of Empire.

The Earth is a very violent planet, wars and rumours of wars have been circulating all of my life, and I don't see it changing in the near future, and it would be a shame to see something other than the Union Jack flying over the UK.

If the time came that we had to use our Nuclear arsenal the Union Jack wouldn't be flying anywhere anymore nor would many other nations flags.
The world isn't a safer place because of Nuclear weapons and us not having them would make no real difference other than deprive the US of a few Billion pounds Sterling.

edit on 14-2-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Yeah that speech is IGNORED because some people don't read the rest of what he said.

Progress toward these noble goals is persistently threatened by the conflict now engulfing the world. It commands our whole attention, absorbs our very beings. We face a hostile ideology-global in scope, atheistic in character, ruthless in purpose, and insidious in method. Unhappily the danger it poses promises to be of indefinite duration. To meet it successfully, there is called for, not so much the emotional and transitory sacrifices of crisis, but rather those which enable us to carry forward steadily, surely, and without complaint the burdens of a prolonged and complex struggle-with liberty at stake. Only thus shall we remain, despite every provocation, on our charted course toward permanent peace and human betterment.

Sounds a lot like ISIS there doesn't it ?

IV A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction.

Basically carry a bigger stick than everyone else.

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United State corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence-economic, political, even spiritual-is felt in every city, every state house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

That's nothing compared to the Welfare Industrial Complex.

www.ourdocuments.gov...

Ignore ALL that.

Ignore ALL the weapon systems we currently buy from Europe.

Ignore ALL The computer chips we currently buy from China.

The 'military indistrial complex' eh.

Funny.

Eisenhower tried to have it both ways.
edit on 14-2-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
thanks obamma!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join