It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear US Government , Please Keep Your Fat Nose Out of OUR Business !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I agree. The US should go isolationist.

We should bring all our troops home, end all foreign aid, bring our manufacturing, etc., home and let the rest of the planet sink or swim.

It would be interesting to see what develops.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: crazyewok

But other half doesn't like the idea of being without them when people like Putin and little Kim have them pointed at us.

That's where the benefit of being a member of NATO comes in , we already have Nuclear protection as an attack on one member is an attack on all.

But I could argue if we are going to be in a military alliance we need to pull our weight and not just let the USA do the work.

Can't complain about the US interfering then expect them to fund our defence.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

NATO has 28 members but only 3 are Nuclear armed , France , UK and the US , in the event of the unthinkable France would be our Nuclear cover.

Us ditching Trident would send a message to the world that unilateral disarmament can be done.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I was just about to rant myself after seeing news re John Kerry then was relieved to see a fellow Brit had already felt strongly enough to comment. Hear Hear!

It seems to me the World Leaders treat us like the annoying younger sibling who can just be pushed adide and bought into line. Well Ive got news for these Leaders a lot of Brits have had enough of Leaders in other Countries poking their nose into our business and advising us what to do. So hopefully come the referendum we will vote out and put Great Britain where it deserves to be on the World stage, we may be a bit old and worn but with our history and breakthroughs in industry and science we still deserve the respect of a Grandparent rather than the annoying sibling!a reply to: gortex

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You made me laugh as well! I've heard of 'big nose' but never 'fat nose'. I will have to scrutinise John Kerry's nose next time he is shown lol!a reply to: gortex

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I wish they would leave us U.S. citizens alone as well. I totally agree our Federal Government is a huge, disgusting ball of crap that needs to be flushed. I support my country and my state, but not the Fed's. They are the enemy of humanity.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

NATO has 28 members but only 3 are Nuclear armed , France , UK and the US , in the event of the unthinkable France would be our Nuclear cover.

Us ditching Trident would send a message to the world that unilateral disarmament can be done.

So now your saying France should pick up the tab of our defence?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Totally agree OP - Scrap Trident!!

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So now your saying France should pick up the tab of our defence?

How would we be any different to the other none Nuclear countries in NATO ?
We all hope that France wouldn't have to use there Nukes so the only expense to them is the one they're already footing.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think the OP is wrong. Countries should always be free to voice their opinion on matters that impact them.

People may not like it, but the US wants the UK to be a nuclear power because it's a stabilising influence. The UK hold opinion about the US too - Trump criticism, for example.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

in the event of the unthinkable France would be our Nuclear cover.

What do you mean by that?

Do you mean France would be allowed to deploy some of it's nuclear missiles in Britain? Or that, should Russia invade us, you would hope that France, being geographically close, would gallantly come to our defence?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Id like our government to stay out of your business, out of other countries business, and mine as well as a citizen. Alas, they dont listen to a thing I or other well informed citizens say.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

France is a NATO member , we are also a NATO member , the treaty states that if a NATO member is attacked that is an attack on all members so yes France would come gallantly come to our defence because them's the rules.

edit on 13-2-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Good Lord. Relax, Brits. The US Government is not "telling you what to do." A couple of politicians have expressed their opinions, and you can't handle it. You know about that "free speech" thing, 1st amendment and all? I know you don't have it, but they do and they can say what the hell they want to without your damn permission.

Now if you don't want to be in the EU, no one here really gives a crap. If Scotland wants to be a separate country again, nobody here gives a crap. If you don't want Trident, nobody here gives a crap. What you do in the world no longer has much relevance, so its meaningless.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr

I agree. The US should go isolationist.

We should bring all our troops home, end all foreign aid, bring our manufacturing, etc., home and let the rest of the planet sink or swim.

It would be interesting to see what develops.

I honestly can't understand why people seem to be against this! I've been saying the same thing for a long time. We want America to be great again we need to force ourselves to thrive off our own work & goods.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

France is a NATO member , we are also a NATO member , the treaty states that if a NATO member is attacked that is an attack on all members so yes France would come gallantly come to our defence because them's the rules.

But not with nuclear weapons.

You said France would be our "nuclear cover". France has an independent nuclear deterrent, as does Britain. There's no 'plan' for France to use, or threaten to use, its nuclear arsenal against any country that invades/threatens a member of NATO. I'm pretty sure that France would only go nuclear if France itself was threatened, and only as a last resort. And I'm sure it's the same for Britain.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The rules also imply that countries contribute to that mutual defense what they can and have historically done. UK helped invent nukes and has had a serious Navy for 250 years.

edit on 14-2-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Now if you don't want to be in the EU, no one here really gives a crap.

We do , this website isn't solely dedicated to North America and Canada so others here DO have a personal interest in the EU referendum and DO give a crap.

If you don't want Trident, nobody here gives a crap.

Are you speaking for the whole forum is is that JUST your personal view ?

What you do in the world no longer has much relevance, so its meaningless.

Nice attitude , thanks schuyler.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
They can say what they want to a degree but they have no right sticking their nose into something as big as this and to try and persuade British people to vote to stay.

Why do you presume people herron ATS dont give a crap. Do you speak for all members of ATS? It may interest you to know there are many ATS members on here from Europr and UK who this does affect and who are interested. The same with Trident very arrogantly you speak for everyone else!

What wr do in the World had a lot of relevance. For such a tiny Countru our Foreign Aid help comes 2nd to America and considering America has 6 times the population of UK I think that shows how relevant we actually are.

It would also appear yout Leaders dont agree with your stance otherwise why are they so interestec in whether UK remains or leaves. They certainly think we are relevant when they want to drag out wonderful armed forces and SAS some of the best in the World into yet anothet conflict. So much so that when we voted not to go into Syria 3 years ago to deal with Assad Obama also backed off!a reply to: schuyler

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
First, get one thing straight. The CURRENT administration wants Britain to remain in the EU.

I, as an American citizen, think you guys would be better off on your own.

Have at it hoss. As my dad used to say.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join