It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$100 fine for smoking in car carrying kids proposed in Virginia legislature

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

We aren't putting people on the side of the highway and saying breathe....it's a fine to keep adults from smoking in the car with their kids. How is that bad?

Because the government doesn't have a right to micro manage all aspects of citizens life, under threat of fines.

This is nothing but another BS way to generate revenue off of citizens, and further control perfectly legal activities.

Too much candy is bad for kids, how about a limit and $100 fine for any parent that gives their child more than that amount?

Playing sports could cause serious injuries to a child, how about a $100 fine for any parent that allows their kids to play sports?

Swimming could be lethal to a child, how about a $100 fine for any parent that lets their child swim?

See the issue here?

Any of those things that you put, that are life threatening, do have laws.
Sports? Safety equipment required.
Swimming? Lifeguards or watch your damn kid.
Candy? well...the kid will puke it up before they die of an overdose on sugar.

The issue here is parents wanting their way without thought of their own flesh and bloods safety, health, or well-being. I see no issue with trying to prevent that.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

The UK just got tougher. Its about time this should happen everywhere, to everyone. Michigan's going after smoking in public parks and bus-stops.

Additionally, job applicants in a majority of jobs are not hired if they are smokers. No matter their qualifications.

Yay. 'bout time.*

*At an art fair, we saw one lady walking arm and arm with a cig hanging and smoking from her fingers as she walked. Looking around at the hundred or so people at the fair in direct sight...she was the only one...and the CIG was smoking, not her at the moment...and others had to breathe it.

She could have realized she was the only one literally...the only one with one in her fingers...and never got any point from that fact. These people are like phone talkers/texters at a traffic light. Same thing.

Its all about them. And that says alot about their personalities at home, work, around their kids etc.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Good old ats logic, but theres already polution in the air, its all good for parents to smoke in a car with there kids.

Laws exist cause people are too dumb to think for themselves, but yea its the evil gubernment coming for my (insert cool thing to say).

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wait till they come around before lights out to see if everyone brushed their teeth.................then bitch...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
only 100$ who does that save? or is it donut money?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Finally something we agree on.

If someone want to smoke cigarets, let them if there of age, but don't harm the children. Children are our future.
It makes me upset to see a mini van with kids and even a baby speed by me with windows up and the parent choking down a cigaret. It's disgusting.
Good post.

Regards,

SK
edit on th36Sat, 13 Feb 2016 20:36:14 -0600K201621429pm2 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

Finally something we agree on.

If someone want to smoke cigarets, let them if there of age, but don't harm the children. Children are our future.
It makes me upset to see a mini van with kids and even a baby speed by me with windows up and the parent choking down a cigaret. It's disgusting.
Good post.

Regards,

SK

I knew we were not that much different

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Yes. This has already passed in Hawaii, no smoking or vaping. Although vaping hasn't been proved to be harmful, I can wait till we park and get out of the car to vape. I also believe in Hawaii it applies to all children under 18. Thank goodness this is catching on.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

Seriously? $1,000?

You do know the car exhaust and asbestos from the break pads they are breathing while in the same car are far worse right?

to be fair asbestos basically stopped being used in MOST applications in the 90's as far as brakes go. the only people really at risk anyway were the mechanics that had to have their face right by the calipers when blowing off the parts.

i agree with david.
we dont need more laws

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join