It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about your DL having an RFID chip in it tracking your every move???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
How do you feel about your DL having an RFID chip in it tracking your every move???

Have you ever put your DL in the microwave? n pop it?

Do you even know you're being tracked? And are you okay with that???

Not that it's a big deal, as you have so many other items you carry around (or use) every day that are bugged. ie: cc, debit, DL, License plates, cel phone, passport, car, laptop, key phob, who knows what else is bugged.

(If I think about this too much it's gonna bother me. Talk about crazy)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I ordered business cards with RFID chips in them!

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance I have RFID chip protective card covers for debit or credit cards that I put my ID in, so I am not bothered by it.

You can buy the protective covers for your passports too because passports also have the chip. The covers are to stop electronic thieves and I can't picture why "the man'' would be tracking me. I live a simple life and have no information that could benefit, ''the man''

edit on 13-2-2016 by peppycat because: added content

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: lavatrance I have RFID chip protective card covers for debit or credit cards that I put my ID in, so I am not bothered by it.

You can buy the protective covers for your passports too because passports also have the chip. The covers are to stop electronic thieves and I can't picture why "the man'' would be tracking me. I live a simple life and have no information that could benefit, ''the man''

A simple, elegant and law abiding solution.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The only way for the average person to avoid being tracked/spied on is to live completely off the grid,out in the jungle or wilderness,pretty much like an animal.That is what it's come to.

There are some for whom even that won't offer a solution,but it will at least help them evade tracking and spying from human agents+agencies.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

It doesn't.

Most REAL ID dl's do NOT have any sort of RFID. If you live in a border state you can get an EDL license that does, and it's readable about a hundred feet away. But unless you've got interrogaters on every corner, it doesn't "track you" even then.

Not that it's a big deal, as you have so many other items you carry around (or use) every day that are bugged. ie: cc, debit, DL, License plates, cel phone, passport, car, laptop, key phob, who knows what else is bugged.

CC, debit, passports, key fobs and most cars can't be "tracked" even that much
edit on 13-2-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

What's a DL?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I feel fine.

Why would any sane individual put their DL in the microwave?

Yes, I'm okay with it. More importantly, why are you so secretive?

A2D

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Drivers licence
a reply to: and14263

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Cars can't be tracked that much? not where you live perhaps but here in the UK it's a different story. ANPR on every On/Off ramp of the motorway network, them little grey boxes at the side of the road every 500 or so yards with Laser Radiation warning labels all over them ...... tracked? not much

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Maybe you can explain why anyone cares? Who cares if they're tracking you? I'm a regular joe-schmoe with nothing to hide...so why would I care if they watch me?

A2D

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

I feel fine.

Why would any sane individual put their DL in the microwave?

Yes, I'm okay with it. More importantly, why are you so secretive?

A2D

put it in for like even 10 seconds, it will pop the rfid chip. And I guarantee there's one in your DL and that you're probably unaware it's there to track you.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I'm sure the jews thought they were fine too

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I'm not worried about it. If they haven't killed me and my family by now, I'm sure they don't plan on doing it any time soon....and even if they do...so what? I'm not scared, I've had a good life.

A2D
edit on 13-2-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Because mass surveillance destroys our privacy, something we used to value.

It doesn't matter if you're innocent or not.

"Nothing to hide" is a cop-out, each and every time.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
As we move forward into a high technology culture, machine to machine communications is becoming a very common thing. Bluetooth, wifi, cell phones are all talking. Cc cameras are every where. My local collage football stadium has a system to pick out one face in a crowd of over a hundred thousand people, it was paid for by a grant from Homeland Security, so tracking one person is nothing. If you really want to have a private conversation, turn up the music and get naked in the hot tub.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Maybe you can explain why anyone cares? Who cares if they're tracking you? I'm a regular joe-schmoe with nothing to hide...so why would I care if they watch me?

Your line of thinking is dangerous. It's a slippery slope. Everyone has something about their lives they'd rather not share with strangers or the rest of the world, that's normal, it's called privacy. When people have access to private information like that it creates a very dangerous situation when that information could be used against you one day.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

From an RFID perspective that's true. But every time you use a credit or debit card, a record is made of when, where, and how much. And in some cases the contents of the purchases can be tracked using the same methodology.

In the US we have cop cars that are constantly vacuuming up license plate data and storing that information.

And cell phones, especially smartphones, are constantly leaking data about your activities.

But, "Big Brother" is always going to be there. There's no way to avoid being tracked. As Raxoxane indicated, if you want or need to avoid being tracked get off the grid and go hide in the jungle.

-dex

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
These things need to be within 20ft max of a reader to be scanned. That would not be a feasible system to track anybody.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Yeah, I probably should be tracked.
At least someone will know what I'm do'in.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join