It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toolbar for sharing content blocking reply text box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm having an issue on my tablet, which I normally use to browse, where the large toolbar to share the content via various methods is blocking most of my screen when I try to reply.

I logged in via desktop and the bar appears on the side of the screen and it isn't intrusive, but on my mobile it's blocking most of the reply text box. I use the desktop view on my tablet because I much prefer the top toolbar to be there. Is there a way to turn this sharing toolbar off? I don't use any social media and if I need to email a link to somebody I'd simply cut and paste into the body of the email.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

What tablet and browser? Everything up to date?

Skeptic is pretty freaking awesome at showing up in threads like this and I think that would help him out.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Can you give me a screen shot? Everything looked fine in my tests.

Edit to add:

Wait, what size is your tablet? There should be no need to specify desktop version for your tablet.
edit on 12-2-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Thank you for mentioning updates. I just checked and appear to be updated. I hadn't considered that since the problem seems to have started after the new homepage went live. I thought it might be in the site settings, but could find nothing about it. I'm still thinking it might be there and I'm missing it.

I'm using Android 4.4.2 on a Neutab. It's a super cheap tablet and definitely has some quirks.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Can you give me a screen shot? Everything looked fine in my tests.

Edit to add:

Wait, what size is your tablet? There should be no need to specify desktop version for your tablet.

Actually it appears this is already posted and I missed it by a couple minutes.

New share bar on mobile

Please close this and I will join the current discussion.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Hey no problem dude. The man is here now, he'll get you fixed up!

Just an FYI, the only browser I've basically never had an issue with on any platform is Chrome. Love it.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Just an FYI, the only browser I've basically never had an issue with on any platform is Chrome. Love it.

And that's the browser I have the most issues with. Odd that.

Safari/Mac, never any serious issues.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yeah, Chrome has issues... but it's damn fast on systems with less RAM. I had speed issues with Safari back when I was using it. I guess that's also a function of terrible data speeds, not just RAM. Why I gotta spend so much time in the boonies? I guess I just love these giant trees.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Really!? That's so weird. My biggest offender is FF. I will refrain from offering browser advice from now on. It's easier to just say Skeptic will be here super quick (do you have alerts or something? It's uncanny).

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I've just woken up and come back, and I was getting the same effect on desktop (Firefox). I had to change the screen size, and thus reduce print size, in order to push the bar out of the way.
Right-hand side would be less troublesome, I think.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm having it too. Running Firefox, all updated as far as I (the computer-stuff challenged person) can tell. I do get the regular updates that my computer whiz guy thinks I need.
I did figure out that if I put the cursor just underneath the bar it will go away but that's annoying to do on each reply.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
A PC example as per today.
The worst aspect is that it interferes badly when using the posting box.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Posting box,

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-2-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Hey SO - having same issue on my laptop... so it's not a mobile issue.
That bar needs to go from the side, it's just in the way.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
SCREEN sizing all. Change your screen size. Reduce, enlarge etc...it will come back. Almost all of us adjust our viewing sizes on multiple devices.

We tend to not realize that. Dont mess with your computer settings or browser. Change screen size (or ZOOM size)FIRST!

XL5

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think it should have a permanent hide button or get permanently reduced to a small share tab when you press the hide button. The day is coming where the whole screen will be hidden with this stuff and the hide buttons will be hidden, hidden under other hide buttons, are you sure you really want to hide this messages will be hidden under AD's and then 5 years after that happens....pay us $100 to hide it all!

Many don't/won't share anyway.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wasn't that share thingy on top before? It's annoying on the side and who wants to enlarge every single page so we don't see it? Sorry, I don't like it!
edit on 13-2-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wow, now it isn't there. Is it magic or a glitch or did someone want to make me happy or what? LOL

top topics

join