It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you claim to follow Jesus, but reject His disciples, you reject Jesus and His word.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Those who that Jesus died for our sins are a loud minority. Compare that to the religions of the world, there aren't that many of us. Maybe one-third of the religious world at best. That still leaves two-thirds on the wide gate.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

the earliest claim to Pauls death was made by Ignatius which was approx. 110ad... many years after his "disappearance"

Caius the Bishop of Rome (who claimed to be a personal witness of Paul's death),

You mean Caius Gaius? The bishop of rome who reigned from approx. 283 to 296?

that is EXTREMELY impressive... one of the first (IF not the ONLY) person to live well over 200 years since the time of Moses...

Amazing!! lol

Maybe he was from the same genetic line?

edit on 13-2-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Those who that Jesus died for our sins are a loud minority. Compare that to the religions of the world, there aren't that many of us. Maybe one-third of the religious world at best. That still leaves two-thirds on the wide gate.

oh come on brother... you're being completely dishonest

that is a staple in the belief system of the majority of Christianity

What lengths you Christians will go... it blows me away sometimes

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

What I am getting at, is that I have never met anyone who professed faith in Christ, and disdain for his disciples. I have only ever met those who gave TOO much place to them, never to little.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Dishonest about what??? The major world religions are Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. Of those claiming to be Christians, few believe that salvations comes by FAITH ALONE in Jesus' payment for our sins. The Cathoholics and Orthodoxymorons have that weird saint worship thingy. The Billy Grahamites are too busy INVITING Christ into their hearts (whatever that means), and the rest boil down to FAITH ALONE or FAITH+WORKS. FAITH ALONE is the narrow gate.

Anyways, I'm tired. Good night. We can continue this duel tomorrow if you would like.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

What I am getting at, is that I have never met anyone who professed faith in Christ, and disdain for his disciples. I have only ever met those who gave TOO much place to them, never to little.

Well, today is the day my friend. Allow me to introduce you to Akragon.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Alright I got it...

So what you're saying is the "faith alone" crowd is the truth faith... the ones that "make it", and or get the pass

I think Jesus would have a few things to say about that...

But i'll let you get to bed... dealing with conflicting beliefs can weigh heavy on the heart

edit on 13-2-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

the earliest claim to Pauls death was made by Ignatius which was approx. 110ad... many years after his "disappearance"

Caius the Bishop of Rome (who claimed to be a personal witness of Paul's death),

You mean Caius Gaius? The bishop of rome who reigned from approx. 283 to 296?

that is EXTREMELY impressive... one of the first (IF not the ONLY) person to live well over 200 years since the time of Moses...

Amazing!! lol

Maybe he was from the same genetic line?

Yeah, I know I've done the math and it does look like he couldn't have been the one but, digging a little further, his father was also called Caius and so it could have been that Eusubius was confused between the two.

Like I also noted, there doesn't seem to be a conflicting story from 'back then'.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Thats true...

But wouldn't that be the idea if you wanted to disapear?

And he had the means to do it

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Who was Jesus referring to in the Lord's Prayer?
He certainly was not referring to Himself, Our Father who s in heaven, Christ was on earth at that stage

I am perplexed by your reasoning Ak, you are welcome to it and I don't want to argue

Just would like to understand

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Is it not Akragons place to tell me what he believes, rather than yours?

Is this more of that judgement we are forbidden from engaging in?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Thats true...

But wouldn't that be the idea if you wanted to disappear?

And he had the means to do it

Yes, but if you had a madman like Nero against you and yours, you'd just simply disappear, not author a Marvel comic story.

Surely just hiding who you are and running like crazy makes far more sense.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Most Paulian:s are to brainwashed by their subjective view of what the bible is and how it is supposed to be used, they never think to use the bible in the way to really increase awareness and know the holy spirit personally.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

The term Chakra has no place in a discussion of biblical or Christian matters.

I have no particular aversion to the term, or its origins, but it does not have relevance to Christ or any of the contents of the bible. The man is wrong to conflate anything that could be discerned from study of Chakra, with any thing one could learn from the study of the Bible.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Most Paulian:s are to brainwashed by their subjective view of what the bible is and how it is supposed to be used, they never think to use the bible in the way to really increase awareness and know the holy spirit personally.

For 2,000 years Christians have had New Testaments with epistles written by Paul.

Now they are Paulians?

Even if Paul did write all 13 books & letter attributed to him (scholars think he actually only wrote 8 of them) then that means that the majority of books in the New Testament weren't written by Paul.

All the stuff attributed to Paul is only 20% of the New Testament. That means four fifths of the NT are NOT Pauline.

The four Gospels alone account for 48% of the NT.

(* By computer count of words in the Analytical Greek New Testament).

edit on 13/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I have no particular aversion to the term, or its origins, but it does not have relevance to Christ or any of the contents of the bible. The man is wrong to conflate anything that could be discerned from study of Chakra, with any thing one could learn from the study of the Bible.

Does that not depend on your view on what the bible is meant for. Some souls will instead do a test and see if there is something to what I say instead of ruling it out cause it does not fit the subjective view/narrative.

Spirituality have it's own science and the knowledge have not increased much the last thousands of years for those who seek the hidden in plain sight behind the words.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

No. It does not depend on anything what so ever. The Bible, and it's meaning, are meant to express themselves absent any interrelation with any other system of thinking or belief.

Science and spirit are not to be mingled. They have utterly separate uses. Science relates only to the physical universe, and spirit to everything else than that. They are navigation tools for entirely separate parts of the human existence.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

If they choose faith alone dogma then I would call them following Paul:s doctrines towards faith alone that muddled the water where Yeshua the Anointed ONE was very precise in his teachings.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

makes ya wonder eh...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Some religions and science might not be able to coexist but spiritual truth seekers who wishes to understand all on all level have no problem with science when applied to really reveal "what is".

Give it a couple of 1000 years more and the mysteries of creation will be revealed. Discovering quantum physics was a huge step that humanity have not fully grasped yet. Humanity still have a problem with entanglement. That each part of creating can be connect to each other part of creation. A person who thinks about Spiritual omniscience= awareness of all creation might see how entanglement can be used to create that omniscience.

Science is discovering the mystical secrets and demystifying them by using tool to measure the quantum state and with better tools the understanding will grow. Here is an article on how sound can be used for healing that can be explained by science/awareness:
www.quantumconsciousness.org...

Mystics have known about sound waves changing the body functions for ages. There is a reason why these people chant and make these noises.

edit on 13-2-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join