It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Bob Lazar Declared Gravity As a Wave

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

eh, I don't know if Michael schratt is the best source. he backs Dan burish's story. that right there should say something. plus he'll call anything brilliant buzzard. I've seen him in two different videos call two totally seperate craft brilliant buzzard. kinda makes you wonder about the rest of his material.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Here's my two cents:

"Bob Lazar" is one of those subjects that has become impossible to prove, even if he is right.
If you try to, it always comes down to "but all he says had already been said in science fiction before him." As if science fiction was unable to actually 'predict' the future in some sense.
I imagine that if no one knew that men have been to the Moon (ie.: if all moon missions were secret), and some whistle blower came out and tried to tell everyone that men have actually been to the moon, many would say that was not true, because going to the moon was from a 1902 movie called "A Trip to the Moon".

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xango
Here's my two cents:

"Bob Lazar" is one of those subjects that has become impossible to prove, even if he is right.
If you try to, it always comes down to "but all he says had already been said in science fiction before him." As if science fiction was unable to actually 'predict' the future in some sense.

The only thing the ha said that were "sort of" true were element 115 and gravitational waves -- and neither of those were science fiction back when Bob Lazar was making his claims, but they were real mainstream science hypotheses. When Lazar made his claims about element 115, the known science of the day was already predicting its existence. Gravitational waves had been postulated by real science (not science fiction) since 1916.

All Lazar needed to do to be able to use the buzzwords "element 115" and "Gravitational waves" was to simply pick up a science book, even a low-level college science book or high-level high school science book, or maybe read 'Scientific American' magazine.

And I say "sort of true", because he really didn't even get element 115 and gravitational waves right. The element 115 that he described is nothing like the element 115 that science has since confirmed can exist. And Lazar's description of gravity being a wave is NOT the same as what science thinks it recently discovered about gravitational waves. Gravitational disturbances can cause waves of space -- but those waves are not gravity; gravity is not a wave.

edit on 2/28/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xango
Here's my two cents:

I imagine that if no one knew that men have been to the Moon (ie.: if all moon missions were secret), and some whistle blower came out and tried to tell everyone that men have actually been to the moon, many would say that was not true, because going to the moon was from a 1902 movie called "A Trip to the Moon".

Actually..it would be incredibly easy to prove he was right.

He just has to have been right about something, which he hasnt.

If you can't accept that gravitational waves were known in science and that 115 required no stretch of the imagination or knowledge of the future to know it would be discovered eventually, then you are allowing your desire for Lazar to be real deal get in the way of the facts.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

What would be a real nail in the coffin is if in fact Gravitaitonal waves do not exist:

Einstein Quote

Together with a young collaborator, I arrived at the interesting result that gravitational waves do not exist, though they had been assumed a certainty to the first approximation. This shows that the nonlinear field equations can show us more, or rather limit us more, than we have believed up till now

Einstein always contended that he had disproved his own hypothesis.

Einstein's papers were rejected proving they couldn't exist

Interestingly, Einstein himself was a prominent doubter. In 1936, twenty years after he introduced the concept, the great physicist took another look at his math and came to a surprising conclusion.

Einstein submitted his change of heart in a paper to the Physical Review Letters titled “Do gravitational waves exist?” The reviewer soon poked holes in the math, showing how Einstein’s coordinate system lacked imagination when dealing with pesky singularities.

These waves had been so incorporated into so many accepted theories that his refute of his own work was rejected and swept under the rug.

This also isn't the first time gravitational waves have been discovered. BICEP2 anyone? For months we were bombarded by the media with "PROOF OF GRAVITY WAVES", but the papers didn't say that. Many of the scientists with ESA who worked on the papers did, but guess what/ Turns out it was actually dust, not gravity waves.

Source
Source 2

It was a huge embarrassment for ESA and it took nearly a year before someone pointed out their mistakes via peer review.

Almost all of the papers from LIGO are still in Peer Review, although the media makes it seem like this is all settled. The papers also do not say they discovered gravity waves. They say they think they have discovered the effects of gravitational waves...big difference. Higgs Boson anyone?

Science by press release is the worst kind of science.

I Einstein believed that he and Rosen had established that their new argument showed that the prediction of gravitational radiation was a mathematical artifact of the linear approximation he had employed in 1916. Einstein believed these plane waves would gravitationally collapse into points; he had long hoped something like this would explain quantum mechanical wave-particle duality.

Edit: And Tesla, who began corresponding with Einstein in the late 1920s (?) had been discussing this with Eistein. Many Tesla researchers think that this is why Einstein started to become the greatest critic of the time of Gravitational Waves and by default his Theory of Relativity. Granted he only thought his theory need to be modified/updated to be corrected, but it was incorporated so quickly in it's default state that many people ignored his calls for a more thorough look.

Tesla published a prepared statement on his 81st birthday (July 10, 1937) critiquing Albert Einstein's theory of relativity. The following is a portion of that statement:
"... Supposing that the bodies act upon the surrounding space causing curving of the same, it appears to my simple mind that the curved spaces must react on the bodies, and producing the opposite effects, straightening out the curves. Since action and reaction are coexistent, it follows that the supposed curvature of space is entirely impossible - But even if it existed it would not explain the motions of the bodies as observed. Only the existence of a field of force can account for the motions of the bodies as observed, and its assumption dispenses with space curvature. All literature on this subject is futile and destined to oblivion. So are all attempts to explain the workings of the universe without recognizing the existence of the ether and the indispensable function it plays in the phenomena."
"My second discovery was of a physical truth of the greatest importance. As I have searched the entire scientific records in more than a half dozen languages for a long time without finding the least anticipation, I consider myself the original discoverer of this truth, which can be expressed by the statement: There is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment."

edit on 29-2-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

The LIGO papers were accepted by Physical Review Letters. The lab fortunately did not go public until after publication was accepted.

The results are not equivocal like the BICEP results---the physical signature is very clear and disinctive and has no known alternate explanation. The two separated detectors and simultaneous detection. It's real.

It's like the 1987 supernova----observing stellar-energy neutrinos over the planet simultaneously shows the source is nearly certainly astrophysical.

And Tesla was completely nuts by 1937 and didn't understand much of modern physics after 1905, in particular general relativity

"... Supposing that the bodies act upon the surrounding space causing curving of the same, it appears to my simple mind that the curved spaces must react on the bodies, and producing the opposite effects, straightening out the curves.

The curved spaces do react on the bodies, and it does not necessarily 'straighten out the curves'. Tesla's intuition was centered around electromagnetism, and there's a huge difference. In electromagnetism, similar charges repel, and opposite charges attract. This means that the dynamical relaxation is always towards 'nullifying' charge separation and resulting in less and less effect.

In gravitation, like charges attract, that is, there is only positive gravitational 'charge' as far as we know, and heavy objects attract, which makes them heavier and gravitate more and more. There is no compensation.

In space, large mass can curve space, and act on a small mass which then goes into orbit. Only the momentum of that small mass prevents it from colliding with the large mass. This space curvature can be maintained indefinitely without dissipation.

There is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment."

The residents of Hiroshima and Nagasaki would have liked this to be true, but it is not.

edit on 29-2-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

I was just playing Devils advocate...

I'm a full supportor of GTR and have noted Tesla's quackery in many posts. :-)

My facetious post did not come across as intended, tor mainly poke fun at both Lazare and science by press release.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
the situation seems to be this: if aliens or the military who interact with the adduct are leased in the future can reach the alleged finding its position using its axis of consciousness "the axis of life" like a point on a map .

with their technology locates the subject and program the machine steering wheel, "the UFO" because it reaches the exact spot of the world where there is a subject which, as mentioned, there is the same istl'UFO to do this is as though it were "alive" , probably because the drivers are interconnected with UFO and almost become one being.

The UFO then, perceives and makes it "his" the space-time coordinates of the subject to abduct and goes to "phase" with the reality that has to reach, appearing everywhere in the universe, instantaneously, without having but never moved because in reality the distance do not exist and all the universe is in one microscopic point.

the limitation going in a different spacetime seems this: the only living being with whom you interact is the subject "hooked" all other living beings disappear, even solid things appear to be intangible like a ghost actually, l ' alien through walls and doors as if they had substance and does not seem able to interact with inanimate objects, if you could pick up a pen his hand could not do it, can only interact with the adduct, that is the only thing in that it is currently in "phase" with him.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cocchino
the situation seems to be this: aldsjlisuad oisaudoi oiasud oalknasdjnlk sadu paslkjlad aopij;lasjd,.nasd p;lmads

That's what I read above. I am not sure what you are trying to convey...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Sorry use a translator
edit on 1-3-2016 by Cocchino because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The important thing to understand is that only things with consciousness can travel through space and time, the dead ones fail to do so.

Ufo and pilots are one. The UFO does not violate any universal law, because it does not move with the speed but limits itself to appear where needed. In abductions details are provided by the abducted from his "axis" of life.

There is no past, present and future are all present at the same time, but I do not see them. Imagine radio stations, all convey the same time, but I do listen to only one, but the other stations exist even if you do not listen ...

the same thing happens with all living beings in the universe, my ancestors and those who will come after me, we're all here now, but we can not see and hear because we are on "different frequencies of reality" ...

The aliens that they know and can do many things that we think are impossible. Military or leased alien in the future may then interact with a person who lives in this present (hooking) the part of reality that the consciousness of the subject is experiencing now.
edit on 1-3-2016 by Cocchino because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Oh dear, so Bob turned out to be correct in his assertion about what the military had already secretly learned to be true among the competing gravity theories?

Lucky guess!

Next thing ya know you'll be trying to tell me a retired physicist from Los Alamos has turned up saying Bob worked there also as a physicist also with a TS clearance!

Coverups conspiracies & cave dwellers oh my!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: A51Watcher

Oh dear, so Bob turned out to be correct in his assertion

No. Bob did not turn out to be correct. It has not been shown that gravity is a wave.

edit on 4/24/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: A51Watcher

Oh dear, so Bob turned out to be correct in his assertion

No. Bob did not turn out to be correct. It has not been shown that gravity is a wave.

Call it a lucky guess all you want, but long before the recent confirmation that gravity is indeed a wave, he clearly stated that the competing theory of 'alleged subatomic particles called gravitons' was bogus and in fact that the correct theory was that gravity is a wave.

I'm sure you're familiar with the video clip, and he turned out to be correct.

Gravity as a wave has been peer reviewed. Good enough for me but of course we'll all wait for you to peer review it with your own experiments.

eta -

Yeah I know -

The thing is, this thread is a claim that the measurement of gravity waves somehow validates Lazar's claims. It doesn't.

Errrmmm.. a measurement of something he claimed to be fact kinda does.

Good thing he didn't guess gravitons huh?

p.s. Perhaps you would have been happier if he had used the terminology gravity behaves as a wave.

Then again maybe not.

edit on 24-4-2016 by A51Watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Of course those who disagree with Bob might want to spend a few million and pursue the graviton theory like this guy -

Any bets on if he finds any?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yeah, and Star Trek had automatic sliding doors and flip top communications in the 1960's...decades before they were everywhere.

Are sliding doors and flip top phones malarky because they were popularised in science fiction?

Dispite the ubiquitous ridicule and eye rolling from most people, Lazar was right back then and has been proven right today, in spite of any authors who wrote similar stories for sci-fi...period.

Jules Verne wrote sci-fi based on men going to the moon in a space capsule over 100 years before Apollo 11...does this prove Apollo 11 is fake or real?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Despite the fanboyism from diehard believers on the internet, Lazar was wrong back then and has been proven wrong today, in spite of any authors who wrote similar stories for sci-fi...period.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

No, he wasn't wrong...he was right and has been vindicated by science...unless you believe just writing something, anything makes it become fact, there's no escaping this fact, however unfortunate it may be for those who have spent decades waving pitchforks at the merest mention of his name.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: moebius

No, he wasn't wrong...he was right and has been vindicated by science...unless you believe just writing something, anything makes it become fact, there's no escaping this fact, however unfortunate it may be for those who have spent decades waving pitchforks at the merest mention of his name.

No, you believe that he was right, but your belief doesn't make it a fact.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join