It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Bob Lazar Declared Gravity As a Wave

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Good try OP. Maybe if you had posted this a few years ago you'd get more props. But, ATS has changed so much over the past couple of years (this forum in particular) that posts are met with so much hostility, etc. it's almost not worth posting anything "pro UFO" anymore.

I always believed Lazar...this just enforces that. But I guess the anti-UFO types just can't have that sort of nonsense and bombard any legit thread with their shill nonsense.

S&F.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: breeziestspy
These guys would make excellent science fiction writers. If you watch Lazars body language during these interviews you can tell he is lying ..... He can't quite keep full eye contact with the interviewer, he has a nervous slight smile when asked questions, before he answers these questions his eyes look left ( which according to phycologists means he is accessing his creative side of his thoughts and not a memory , ) Another thing which is suspect is that flimsy identification card which has is photo and "MAJ" down the side which even in the late eighties early 90s looks fake .
According to George Knapp Lazar knew when they would be test flying these discs .... So they went out to a certain place at a certain time and witnessed a light in the sky !!! Wow !!! Come on ppl .. How long were they waiting for until this light appeared ? And isn't area 51 an airstrip??? Look up at night time anywhere in america and you will definitely see lights as the sky's are full of aircraft . This Lazar character is a fantastic fantasist and that's all there is to it.

Because you are a body language expert, or? Do you have any links to back up that he has been proven a liar via his body language?

Did you ever stop to think maybe he was nervous? He only came forward and spoke to the media bc his life was threatened. What else is someone supposed to do in that situation?

But seeing as you're an expert on all things Bob Lazar I'm sure you've got an answer for that too.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Lazar's "assertions" were well in-line with a fan of hard science fiction.

Man I had no idea about that. It makes a TON of sense though.

I may have to check out this Golden Age hard science fiction. Just finished my first hard science fiction novel (Blindsight by Watts, I think it was anyway) and really enjoyed it.

hey if you want a visual
whats in those Old Pulp Magazines from the late 1920s to the 1940s

Check out my Thread and see the Photos from Actual Pulp Mags
Showing Amazing Stuff !!

Ufos & Foo Fighters in Pulp Mags before 1950s
www.abovetopsecret.com...

it exactly what Skeptic Overlord is talking about ...

as a big Fan of Pulp Sci Fi and Own a few Mags Myself

Showing Disk, Cigar, & Sphere Shape Ufos , Solar Energy , Force Field Walls
Abduction's Alien Experimentation on Humans , and Energy Beams sucking up things
from those UFOS , Terra Forming , Etc... and Even !! Drum Roll Beings looking like Alien Grays !
Small Body's with thin limbs - Large Eyes- Big Heads -Small Mouths Small Noses
some what like the description and Not little Green Men either

all from Pulp Mags from the 1920s to the 1940s

Just to Note: The Early Scifi Writers in the Golden Era of Pulp Fiction
were Actually Scientist or Engineers, or went to Collage and having those Degrees..

Alien / UFO Scifi Movies were not heavy until the 1950s .. yet before the 1950s
The Stories were there..

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
Good try OP. Maybe if you had posted this a few years ago you'd get more props. But, ATS has changed so much over the past couple of years (this forum in particular) that posts are met with so much hostility, etc. it's almost not worth posting anything "pro UFO" anymore.

I always believed Lazar...this just enforces that. But I guess the anti-UFO types just can't have that sort of nonsense and bombard any legit thread with their shill nonsense.

S&F.

I have also noticed a pattern of rejection by mainstream science minded buffoons who bash anything outside believed norms, and who immediately disregard anything that might lead to new knowledge.

It's like if they aren't the ones who discover and announce it, then it is all bunk. Kevin Grazier, a planetary scientist, is one of the most pompous purveyors of this phenomenon.

We see it often here as well by those who think they hold the master key to known science, who will often change the facts of known science and act as some kind of expert on what the facts even are.

It is quite the scenario..

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

S&F.

I'm all for the possibility that aliens are visiting earth. However, Nothing Lazar has said indicates to me that he was involved in alien spacecraft technology. His story just doesn't ring true.

It would be silly of me to believe Lazar just because I think alien visitation might be a possibility. Am I supposed to believe every alien story just because I'm open-minded to the idea of aliens visitation? I need more specific corroborating evidence than that. Plus I would need to hear Lazar explain the scientific inconsistencies in his story.

While the existence of back-engineered spacecraft using alien tech is something I would like to -- or want to -- believe, but me wanting to believe something is not enough to make it true.

edit on 2/17/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
NO it is NOT a WAVE. Others can disagree. That is their own idea and theory.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I wonder what good ole bob would say about the flying aluminum bar. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with waves. several things must happen before any mass takes flight. A sequence of events must happen to achieve this. One of those things is a high voltage and Magnatism . Another is ionization. Another is Frequency , THEN static charges leads to poles forming and two like poles repel. This ONLY occurs due to which side you are on the equator North or South on planet earth. Part of the ion lifters is all part of this, but ONLY a small portion. My theory. An idea. We all have them, but to test the theory I have NOT done. So I guess i'm an idiot to standards on here , but I DO NOT care about your opinion. Opinions are like the nose on your face, all you have to do is look in the mirror. WE all have one.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: operayt
I wonder what good ole bob would say about the flying aluminum bar. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with waves. several things must happen before any mass takes flight. A sequence of events must happen to achieve this. One of those things is a high voltage and Magnatism . Another is ionization. Another is Frequency , THEN static charges leads to poles forming and two like poles repel. This ONLY occurs due to which side you are on the equator North or South on planet earth. Part of the ion lifters is all part of this, but ONLY a small portion. My theory. An idea. We all have them, but to test the theory I have NOT done. So I guess i'm an idiot to standards on here , but I DO NOT care about your opinion. Opinions are like the nose on your face, all you have to do is look in the mirror. WE all have one.

===

ANY metal can have magnetism induced into it
(even non-magnetic aluminum or titanium)
because of two issues:

a) Contamination with Ferric Oxides which
is quite common in metal manufacturing.

b) Paramagnetism: Aluminum CAN hold a magnetic field
but is suspectibility is only about 2.2 × 10^−5 so it's
pretty weak. BUT if the magentic field is string enough
the OTHER contaminants can have such strong fields
that it can override the weight of an aluminum block
in a STRONG magnetic field.

See Examples of Magnetic Oxide contamination:
www.youtube.com...

Same thing can happens with lowers grades of titanium
where magentism can be induced into metallic contaminants.
edit on 2016/2/17 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Besides, what does he mean about a wave. A constant wave of static charge. If he said that , I would believe him. The 3M Company had an Anomally to deal with one day. Apparently this happened back in the 90's. A role of sheet of plastic was being fed into a machine to make Tape. Apparently an Invisible wall formed. A person cleaning under the two spools got stuck in this invisible wall. The only way the person got out was to back out , walk backwards. He informed the supervisor and people examined the anomaly. They had found out that this was caused by static electricity. They discharged it by grounding it and it went away. I read this awhile back and never heard of it again. I DO NOT know if the article is true or not, but seems legit to me anyways how static charges and poles react to matter. Hell, they can fly frogs in a magnetic field, why not this.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Besides, what does he mean about a wave. A constant wave of static charge. If he said that , I would believe him. The 3M Company had an Anomally to deal with one day. Apparently this happened back in the 90's. A role of sheet of plastic was being fed into a machine to make Tape. Apparently an Invisible wall formed. A person cleaning under the two spools got stuck in this invisible wall. The only way the person got out was to back out , walk backwards. He informed the supervisor and people examined the anomaly. They had found out that this was caused by static electricity. They discharged it by grounding it and it went away. I read this awhile back and never heard of it again. I DO NOT know if the article is true or not, but seems legit to me anyways how static charges and poles react to matter. Hell, they can fly frogs in a magnetic field, why not this.

This seems very unlikely. But im too lazy to look it up, so i have nothing more to add.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

S&F.

I'm all for the possibility that aliens are visiting earth. However, Nothing Lazar has said indicates to me that he was involved in alien spacecraft technology. His story just doesn't ring true.

It would be silly of me to believe Lazar just because I think alien visitation might be a possibility. Am I supposed to believe every alien story just because I'm open-minded to the idea of aliens visitation? I need more specific corroborating evidence than that. Plus I would need to hear Lazar explain the scientific inconsistencies in his story.

While the existence of back-engineered spacecraft using alien tech is something I would like to -- or want to -- believe, but me wanting to believe something is not enough to make it true.

Maybe I've just experienced more when it comes to this subject than others. Idk.

But, prior to 2012 I had never researched, paid attention to or was interested in this subject. At all.

That all changed one night when I was driving home from work. I still have no explanation for what I saw. I know what it wasn't, though.

As far as back engineered craft, I believe it has been done. Saw something near China Lake in California that pretty much convinced me that either the tptb are eons ahead technology wise or whomever created the craft I saw had some help.

There's a veerrryyyy long thread on ATS about it in the aviation forum. I cannot link to it but I think they call it the Green Lady. It was amazing but not nearly as amazing as the object I observed on my way home from work.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I love, love to read about ole BL.. as we used to call him back in the day.
Makes for good reading... kills time to when I have nothing better to do.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
"The Island of Stability" is real. It's found on a chart of isotope stability:

upload.wikimedia.org...

There are some combinations of protons/neutrons that will just fly apart in nanoseconds, others in microseconds. Other places the atomic nucleii will hang together for years or months. All down to the ratio of protons/neutrons. Get the mix right, and you get stability, get it wrong and you get fission.

Around Element 125, there is this one place where heavy atoms can hold together for years. From this chart, there might be other such island further up.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Thank you for the post.

Not only Lazar, Einstein, but too Mr. Tesla ,

They all have built something to manipulate the natural force around us.. and with the discoveries made, trial and error.

I'm a strong believer everything is harmonized, from the heart to a planet.. Music, it is all a biostructural language we understand and naturally tuned too, more so connected.

The more we understand the more easily we will manipulate around us.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just to reiterate, since many continue to post as though this was never posted.

Lazar did not predict gravitational waves. He predicted gravity was a wave. This discovery is not that. This discovery is confirmation that gravitational waves - waves caused by gravity, but which are not, in themselves, gravity - exist. His description of gravity itself is also not consistent with this discovery or with the current most prevailing theories of gravity. They could be wrong, of course. But this isn't about whether mainstream science might be wrong. It's about whether he positively predicted something which has now been confirmed. With respect to "gravity waves," he did not.

Lazar's predicted element 115 isotope is far and away more stable than element 115 turns out to be. While it's technically possible a more stable, as yet undiscovered isotope could exist, the scientific consensus seems to be that it would still not be anything approaching the stability he describes. Again, they could be wrong. But, again, this is not about whether mainstream science might be wrong. It's about whether he positively predicted something that has been confirmed. With respect to element 115, other than the inevitable existence of an element called by that moniker, he did not.

The phone book page many point to as support for his claims listed the employees of outside contractors, as well as those of the lab. This does not prove he actually worked there. Might he have? Yes. But this is not about whether he might have done a thing. He might have done anything. It's about whether it proves he was employed by the lab itself at any time. It does not.

His intelligence W2 form indicates only an extraordinarily brief period of employ. Does this prove he never did pertinent work in that capacity that allowed him access to the sorts of knowledge he claims to be privy to? No. But does it prove he did? No, and that's the crux.

So again, either he is telling some combination of the truth and confabulation/exaggeration/misinformation/misunderstanding on his part, he is lying outright, or much of mainstream science is completely wrong and he will one day be vindicated. Which of the three, I cannot assert. But it should certainly cast his claims - at the very least - in dubious company that we cannot rigorously consider part of any body of compelling evidence for ET visitation.

Unfortunately.

That's not the same as asserting outright, "Everything he's said is 100% false and he's a liar and a fraud." But it is cause for reasonable caution.

This is only my opinion, though, of course. Feel free to disagree.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
Again, they could be wrong. But, again, this is not about whether mainstream science might be wrong. It's about whether he positively predicted something that has been confirmed. With respect to element 115, other than the inevitable existence of an element called by that moniker, he did not.

Plus, it's not like the mainstream science of the time did not already predict the existence of Element 115; it did predict it. The fact that Lazar's "prediction" came true is not surprising at all -- but it was NOT a unique revelation by Lazar (especially considering he only needed to know basic high school science to predict it).

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
"The Island of Stability" is real. It's found on a chart of isotope stability:

upload.wikimedia.org...

There are some combinations of protons/neutrons that will just fly apart in nanoseconds, others in microseconds. Other places the atomic nucleii will hang together for years or months. All down to the ratio of protons/neutrons. Get the mix right, and you get stability, get it wrong and you get fission.

Around Element 125, there is this one place where heavy atoms can hold together for years. From this chart, there might be other such island further up.

The island of stability is not real. It's theorised but no one knows if it's real yet or not. I don't know what that I made you found is but it's not real.

People need to read up about the sheer beauty of the periodic table ..element 115 was always going to be discovered. Sorry Lazar cheerleaders.
edit on 25-2-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Forgive my horrendous spelling on the my post above, writing on a phone. I meant to say:

" I don't know what that image you found is but it's not real. "

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
His science is BS.
I forget which is which but Gravity A is the regular gravity and the description of Gravity B is exactly the strong force.
A short range force that is incredibly strong and holds quarks together.

He didn't even know he was using the strong force description? A scientist would know, it's a basic thing.

All his talk of regular gravity is absolutely nothing more than stuff that was written in pop-science books in the 1980's
He sounds like a layman talking about science.

But yes, he wasn't talking about gravity waves which are waves of space-time, he was saying gravity was a wave and not a particle. He must have heard about wave-particle duality and tried to be creative. Except it's the worst idea ever. Everything at that atomic scale that is wave like is also particle like. You can't separate the two.

edit on 26-2-2016 by joelr because: f

edit on 26-2-2016 by joelr because: stuff

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bananasam

If that's not the truth about what his relation to his previous occupation is, then I don't know what is... there is way too much evidence over the last 30 years to comprehensively say that this man was telling the truth

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join