It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Email About Immigration Ridiculous? Please Weigh In.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Question: If an employee claims more than 10 allowances on their Form W-4, does the employer have to report this to the IRS?

Answer:
This requirement has been eliminated. However, Forms W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate, are still subject to review. Employers may be directed (in a written notice or in future published guidance) to send certain Forms W-4 to the IRS. The IRS will also continue to review employee withholding compliance. The IRS may send you a letter (commonly called a lock-in-letter) specifying the withholding rate and allowances to use to calculate the amount of tax to withhold from wages paid to a specific employee.

IRS

I cannot remember exactly when this was changed, but any claims of 10 or more are investigated by the IRS for the very reason we are talking about in this thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Notice the wording, MORE than 10. Hence why they claim 10.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

The part they left out, Jose Illegal send much of that money back to Mexico where it has 10x the value, removing it from US circulation, causing the FED to print more dollars.

Not really, the Fed prints more dollars to stimulate the economy and more importantly create inflation. With inflation the Government saves money by paying its debts in "tomorrows dollars", it prints its way out of debt.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Really, that's the ONLY reason they print money....you should look more into it.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Notice the wording, MORE than 10. Hence why they claim 10.

That was the wording in the question asked, but not in the answer given by the IRS.

My assertion still stands.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'm telling you first hand, they don't ask for it. Those letters you referenced, well in 15 years of restaurant management, I saw absolutely zero of them. Like I said there is a reason they claim 10 and not 11.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I think this is a spam. But in other hand it's true.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join