It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Email About Immigration Ridiculous? Please Weigh In.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I was under the impression that it requires a couple of different IDs to prove your identity before you could get benefits like Food Stamps. And I'm pretty sure one of them is a Social Security Number. There are some benefits that are available to illegals, but I don't think there are nearly as many as people are led to believe.

As for getting paid under the table. That accounting outflow has to be recorded somewhere. I have know some business owners who have done this for other reasons, not related to illegal aliens. But they have to either keep the amount paid out to less than the IRS 1099 reporting threshold, or add the income to their own personal income. In the latter case, income taxes do get paid on the illegal immigrant's income. And in fact it get's paid out at a higher rate, because it's added to the owner's income, which is already much greater by comparison.

-dex

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
I was under the impression that it requires a couple of different IDs to prove your identity before you could get benefits like Food Stamps. And I'm pretty sure one of them is a Social Security Number. There are some benefits that are available to illegals, but I don't think there are nearly as many as people are led to believe.

I guess you are unaware that they pass social security numbers amongst themselves like the common cold in pre-school.

When they move back to Mexico, do you think they say hey US gov, I'm gone now thanks! Nope, they pass their social to another.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I guess you are unaware that they pass social security numbers amongst themselves like the common cold in pre-school.

When they move back to Mexico, do you think they say hey US gov, I'm gone now thanks! Nope, they pass their social to another.

Actually I wasn't aware of that practice. So, how do they get the 2nd ID to go along with it?

-dex

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

It's extremely common. A large majority of those that started the wave in the 80's-90's also obtained illegal identities. Once you have it, it's hard to disprove it. In previous jobs that I've been in charge of hired someone, I've sent several people out the door because their ID picture doesn't match them.

Identification for work purpose amongst illegals is a shared venture. Several people will try to get a job with 1 ID. Eventually they find a job that hires them. All will pay zero taxes, and in the rare case it comes back on them, they either play dumb or go back to Mexico to avoid punishment.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There are a few problems with this email and it has been circulating for years. Here is a link to a site that does a very good job of showing how disingenuous and false many of these claims are.

Link

Someone posted earlier that it was a wall of truth, but it's nothing more than a wall of confirmation bias.

C'mon guys. You really need to look in to things before you blindly fall for crap. A little thought goes a long way.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Why would several people use 1 ID to try to get a job when this fake email tells us they work under the table for cash?

Which is it?

Also, if they use an ID to get a job the employer is required to have them fill-out and I9 and W4 form, so they pay taxes.

Follow the link I posted above. They cover this nonsense quite well and put it to rest.
edit on 13-2-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

They do both. If you claim 10 dependants zero taxes are taken from your check.

You can source an article all you like, I'll go by real life experience and first hand knowledge, AKA I've seen it with my own eyes.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Also, if they use an ID to get a job the employer is required to have them fill-out and I9 and W4 form, so they pay taxes.

For your reading pleasure

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Exemptions only cover federal tax withholding, so they still pay SS and Medical.

Also, why claim 10 dependents when you can just claim an exemption?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Generally, illegal immigrants don’t qualify for Social Security, Medicare or other federal benefits, except for emergency medical treatment in hospitals. And since passage of the 1996 welfare reform law, they have been ineligible for the refundable portion of the Earned Income Tax Credit as well.

Yes, they pay in to SS and Medical but cannot use the services or benefit. At the same times they get some kickback on federal taxes. There are some issue that need to be worked-out.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

claiming exempt raises a flag, but for some reason claiming 10 dependants doesn't. Don't ask me, I don't work at the IRS, I just have filled out those W4's and I-9's

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Do you REALLY think they don't have government assistance? I mean seriously, do you?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here's an example...gardeners will pay illegals
$15 per hour cash. I have seen that in Asheville NC
when I lived there...also it is very common in CA
for illegals to hangout at Home Depot, Lowes & etc
in the morning & they get picked up for jobs too.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

claiming exempt raises a flag, but for some reason claiming 10 dependants doesn't. Don't ask me, I don't work at the IRS, I just have filled out those W4's and I-9's

Claiming 10 dependents tosses a red flag as well. Employers used to be required to file a W4 with the IRS if an employee claimed 10 or more dependents. That is no longer a requirement because the IRS actively investigates such claims and has the authority to change your dependents/exemptions as they see fit.

Have you ever got a "lock-in" letter?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
some older threads about tax scams.....

originally posted by: xuenchen

One woman has plead guilty to a $7 million tax cheat scam.

The scam involved those controversial 'child credits'.

At least she thought it was worth it at the time !!!

Never let a crisis go to waste.

VA woman admits $7.2 million child-credit tax scam

More than a year after Watchdog reported the IRS sent thousands refunds to the tiny town of Parksley, Va., a woman has pleaded guilty to conspiracy and mail fraud.

Linda Avila admitted to obtaining more than $7.2 million in refunds by exploiting the federal government’s child tax credit program.

Avila filed more than 1,700 tax returns with stolen identifications used by illegal immigrants, mainly from Mexico.

related story background (from June 2013) ....
Virginia address gets in on ‘unauthorized’ IRS refund bonanza

originally posted by: xuenchen

This particular 'incident' is according to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, and it happened in 2011.
There are more of the same too.

Apparently all the I.D. "numbers" used were those neat Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers, and not S.S. Numbers.

The Internal Revenue Service sent 23,994 tax refunds worth a combined $46,378,040 to “unauthorized” alien workers who all used the same address in Atlanta, Ga., in 2011, according to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA).

That was not the only Atlanta address theoretically occupied by thousands of “unauthorized” alien workers receiving millions in federal tax refunds in 2011. In fact, according to a TIGTA audit report published last year, four of the top ten addresses to which the IRS sent thousands of tax refunds to “unauthorized” aliens were in Atlanta.

The IRS sent 11,284 refunds worth a combined $2,164,976 to unauthorized alien workers at a second Atlanta address; 3,608 worth $2,691,448 to a third; and 2,386 worth $1,232,943 to a fourth.

IRS Sent $46,378,040 in Refunds to 23,994 ‘Unauthorized’ Aliens at 1 Atlanta Address

Incompetence Inc.

"What a country" eh?

The IRS had plenty of time and people to stall and classify tax exemptions, but they didn't seem to smell the coffee on these deals

I bet "they" knew and had Orrdazz to keep looking the other way.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

No because they claim 10 dependents, not exempt. W4 is required with any new hire anywhere.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

No because they claim 10 dependents, not exempt. W4 is required with any new hire anywhere.

Yes, but the requirement for an employer to report any W4 with 10 or more dependents immediately has been changed because the IRS automatically investigates such claims and may require employers to provide more information on the employee.

A "lock-in" letter from the IRS forces the employer to withhold taxes based on the dependents the IRS deems appropriate.

So what I am saying is that claiming 10 dependents or more is a red flag as well and the IRS has changed policy to combat that problem. If you have had to deal with employees claiming 10 dependents in the past, as you claim, I find it curious that you have not had to deal with the IRS compliance investigations.
edit on 13-2-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I deal with this issue almost everyday at my work. They come in with fake state DLs and when you pressure them they give you a Mexico DL with a US address on it. No SS card, no real valid ID. When they come in groups they don't know where they're from and they all tell you that they're 5'8 160lbs, no matter how big they are. If they have no ID they're managers will vouch for that they are who they say they are. If you really pressure them about a social they'll call someone on the phone and produce one that is unique to another 15 people already in the system under that social.

It's a croc, but when the govt allows is what can you do?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Yes, but the requirement for an employer to report any W4 with 10 or more dependents immediately has been changed because the IRS automatically investigates such claims and may require employers to provide more information on the employee.

Who told you that? It's not true. I haven't been in management for about a year, but I'll ask the guy I gave my job to if that is the case to be 100%

As of a year ago, no, the IRS did NOT require any special attention to ANY w4 by an employer other than to file it with them in general.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

It's a croc, but when the govt allows is what can you do?

The government has system in place to check for employment eligibility. It's called e-verify.

The problem is that employers don't care about worker eligibility as long as they will work for the wages they want to pay.

Also, the government will not make the use of the system mandatory because lobbyists in DC make sure there is little concern for the issue among our elected representatives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join