It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Email About Immigration Ridiculous? Please Weigh In.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Text Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted. Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table ". Ready? Now pay attention.... Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00. Jose Illegal : $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.0 0 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00. Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00. Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics and emergency hospitals at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00. Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00. Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00. Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has 9,631.00. Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month Federal Rent Subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00. Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00. Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00. Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.. Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.. Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work. Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family. Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same elementary school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches, while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home. Now, when they reach college age, Joe Legal's kids may not get into a State School and may not qualify for scholarships, grants or other tuition help, even though Joe has been paying for State Schools through his taxes, while Jose Illegal's kids "go to the head of the class" because they are a minority. Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay. Do you get it, now? If you vote for or support any politician that supports illegal aliens... You are part of the problem! We need to keep this going--we need to make changes ASAP! It's way PAST time to take a stand for America and Americans! What are you waiting for? Pass it on.

This is obviously very biased, but how much is true? It's hard for me to say. Hopefully someone smarter than me can give an unbiased view.
edit on 12-2-2016 by solongandgoodnight because: Bad glitch for a cell phone I guess. Had to add on

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

Spam email or not, there is nothing untrue in there.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I approve of this email.

Second.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
I approve of this email.

Second.

It's a wall of truth.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Seems technically correct as far as the math goes and all.

But where exactly does the problem come from??? Is it the illegal who's taking the job or the employer who's paying him???

After all, can you blame him for taking the money and doing the work??? Who wouldn't?? Plus he's participating in society like he's supposed to. Goes out and spends his money at other businesses, etc. like everyone else. Just doesn't pay taxes.

To me the place to stop the problem is with the places that are hiring them. They get the cheap labor and save money though and that's more profit for them so they don't want to change that either. But if they weren't giving them jobs then they wouldn't have them.

IMO what the letter doesn't do is apply blame in the correct place. Or at least everywhere it should be placed. They just want to blame the illegals themselves and nobody else but that isn't honest.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

edit on 19229America/ChicagoFri, 12 Feb 2016 22:19:07 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I am Joe Legal.....................And its all true and sucks

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The part they left out, Jose Illegal send much of that money back to Mexico where it has 10x the value, removing it from US circulation, causing the FED to print more dollars.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Makes you want to just fly out and tunnel back in.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

But where exactly does the problem come from??? Is it the illegal who's taking the job or the employer who's paying him???

After all, can you blame him for taking the money and doing the work??? Who wouldn't?? Plus he's participating in society like he's supposed to. Goes out and spends his money at other businesses, etc. like everyone else. Just doesn't pay taxes.

To me the place to stop the problem is with the places that are hiring them. They get the cheap labor and save money though and that's more profit for them so they don't want to change that either. But if they weren't giving them jobs then they wouldn't have them.

IMO what the letter doesn't do is apply blame in the correct place. Or at least everywhere it should be placed. They just want to blame the illegals themselves and nobody else but that isn't honest.

My problem with this logic is this.

If we had no welfare state and no income taxes, we would all be equal neighbors. What creates discord is the policy itself.

What is most disturbing is that the proposed solution to situations like this isn't to fix the bad policy but, to enact new invasive identification protocols and shake down productive members of society.

It's a travesty that few seem to recognize, the next natural step is, you guessed it, "you're papers please".

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
One short two word answer ? Federal Government. You know , the ones that are supposed to UPHOLD the Constitution and enforce the FEDERAL laws on the books. Including FEDERAL (theres that word again) immigration laws.
If I could , I would keep starring and flagging this thread until my mouse stopped working

edit on 13-2-2016 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

But where exactly does the problem come from???

Illegal aliens are here illegally, and it is a criminal offence.

Is it the illegal who's taking the job or the employer who's paying him???

Illegal aliens are here illegally, and it is a criminal offence. This is like comparing the illegal alien to a babysitter who is paid the same way -except the babysitter is probably here legally. It is also up to the one getting the money to claim it at income tax time.

After all, can you blame him for taking the money and doing the work???

Who wouldn't??

Perhaps someone who can legally be here.

Plus he's participating in society like he's supposed to.

Goes out and spends his money at other businesses, etc. like everyone else.

Not like everyone else. Illegal aliens are here illegally, and it is a criminal offence.

Just doesn't pay taxes.

A federal offence. Illegal aliens are here illegally, and it is a criminal offence.

To me the place to stop the problem is with the places that are hiring them.

They get the cheap labor and save money though and that's more profit for them so they don't want to change that either. But if they weren't giving them jobs then they wouldn't have them.

IMO what the letter doesn't do is apply blame in the correct place. Or at least everywhere it should be placed.

They just want to blame the illegals themselves and nobody else but that isn't honest.

what part of Illegal Alien do you not understand?

The Illegal part, obviously.

You used to call me on my brick phone...

You just can't make this stuff up.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Volund

Yes I'm aware that they're illegally. They're called ILLEGAL aliens. I know you think you're being funny or cute but you're also being a rude smart ass about it. No reason for it. Because your comments are all BS ego masturbation. Why not try having a real discussion on the topic like an adult??

What part of "Who's paying them to be here?" don't you understand??

It's also illegal to hire them. But I'm sure you know that.
edit on 13-2-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
One short two word answer ? Federal Government. You know , the ones that are supposed to UPHOLD the Constitution and enforce the FEDERAL laws on the books. Including FEDERAL (theres that word again) immigration laws.
If I could , I would keep starring and flagging this thread until my mouse stopped working

You're right. Funny how they just don't seem to care about that law do they. They must be getting something out of it like everyone else who doesn't care.
edit on 13-2-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Jose Illegal, however, has been misidentified as the problem.

Real issue here is this: His employer is the problem. Following the law, even if it is more expensive to do so, is the only acceptable way to run a business. Anyone running a business which breaks the law, by hiring illegal workers, persons not eligible to work, should be arrested and placed in jail, his company liquidated and the money from its passing out, passed to pay for the welfare of eligible workers who are in dire straights (great band, by the way).

The fact that this is not done, is the problem, not the presence of, or willingness to work of, the migrant himself. Place the angst in the only place it belongs, that being in the laps of those who CHOOSE to hire cheap labour, rather than accepting that if they cannot run a business with an exclusively legal workforce, they should not be running one at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Because if you have to ask questions as if you do not realise what the problem is... expect the proper response. I wasn't being cute, I was being direct. As for your new question...

Yes, it is illegal to knowingly hire someone who you know to be an illegal alien; however, it is up to each citizen to claim their taxable income. This is why drug dealers must report their income or they end up in prison for "tax evasion" when they can't be pinned on a charge.

As an example I once quit a my job immediately when my employer said I had to allow illegals to enter the site as paid employees. They flat out told me they were illegal and could not legally work in this country. Knowing is the key, and once you know you are involved. Since I have something called ethics I fully complied with the law, quit my job, and reported them all to ICE.

Isn't that nice.

edit on 13-2-2016 by Volund because: spelling, if there are more errors they will not be corrected because I just don't care.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Who pays an illegal only $10 less in cash "under the table"?

You could probably hire someone legally for that.

We ought to be enforcing laws about hiring illegals. Companies should be have their corporate charters revoked if they're caught using illegal labor.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That would almost literally be every corporation in the US.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

You're right. Funny how they just don't seem to care about that law do they. They must be getting something out of it like everyone else who doesn't care.

Yes, we have national borders and immigration laws.

If our government discovers illegals within our borders, they let them go and instead crack down on native businesses because, you know, illegal immigrants.

It makes sense only if you allow for malicious intent.
edit on 13-2-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Emphasis is needed on the word "illegal" I suppose. But of course, people who break the law are not the problem.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join