It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man attacks 4 in an Ohio restaurant. FBI was already aware of him.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Source.

COLUMBUS (WCMH) — Police have identified the suspect who was shot and killed following a violent machete attack at a northeast Columbus restaurant.

Police say Mohamed Barry, 30, walked into the Nazareth Restaurant and Deli on North Hamilton Road and attacked four people using a machete.

He then fled the scene in a white vehicle.

Law enforcement officials say the FBI was looking at Barry for expressing radical Islamic views four years ago. For an unknown reason, the FBI moved on from him in their investigation.

Its not unreasonable to think that the FBI may have had some interest in this guy, did some research, concluded that he wasnt a threat and moved on.

No big deal.

But knowing what we know, you cant help but to wonder if theres more to the story.

‘Inventing terrorists’: New study reveals FBI set up terrorism-related prosecutions.

Fake terror plots, paid informants: the tactics of FBI 'entrapment' questioned.

Government agents 'directly involved' in most high-profile US terror plots.

edit on 12-2-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

He then fled the scene in a white vehicle.

I knew it!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Seems damn curious in our intensely invasive surveillance society that these people are always on the radar, but never stopped.

Clearly we're wasting all that time, money, manpower, and tech.

Nobody stops anything. It doesn't bloody work, or they don't want it to.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

What happened to the 4 people he attacked?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I vaguely recall this. I read something about it earlier, and unless there was two completely different machete attackers running lose, the guy is supposedly schizophrenic as hell. Crazy-ass with weapon = dime a dozen these days, ain't they?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Already being Discussed HERE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Amazing how little attention this event has been getting in the media.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

They were wounded...but alive.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr
Seems damn curious in our intensely invasive surveillance society that these people are always on the radar, but never stopped.

Clearly we're wasting all that time, money, manpower, and tech.

Nobody stops anything. It doesn't bloody work, or they don't want it to.

All that surveillance isn't to stop terrorists. It's for finding those against the agenda so that they can be destroyed either through criminal charges or financial ruin. The important data is only the data that damages the agenda, not data that can protect citizens.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well, it's not a shooting attack, or a bombing attack, or a nuclear incident, or a hijacking, the casualty count was low and there were no fatalities amongst the victims as far as I know.

It is a statistical anomaly, and does not entirely shoehorn into the narrative that has been developed regarding terrorism.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I agree. the agenda ( I like that title by the way ) the agenda only wants eyes everywhere so that they can keep tabs on us regular people.
They know who the terrorists are and what they are doing. But they let it happen as an excuse to take away more rights from us.
And the only attacks that are stopped are the one's that they have a hand in starting or planning.
With all the technology they have they should be held accountable when a true attack happens especially if the perpetrator is someone who they have been watching and then say, oh this person is not a threat.
But instead they waste money on stepping out into a crosswalk while the car is to close to stop so they can write a ticket and things like that.
Or sit at the entrance of a neighborhood that is known to sell drugs and bust the people coming out that look out for place just to get more arrests, instead of just going to the house that they know the drug are coming from. ...makes me sick.
And just recently they are going after corrupt jails, and crooked cops. .it should NEVER have gotten this bad
We need more accountability from the one's who are supposed to be setting an example. .bbut if you follow what they do then you get in trouble.
edit on 13020000002 by JHumm because: cops that fear for their life from unarmed and sometimes not even wearing clothes, should find another job

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I agree. Knowledge/info is power. And for the control freaks running this world,there is never enough power,it,s like a void that cannot be filled.That breeds insecurity,which is why everyone not in the "inner circles" i.e the regular civilians,are seen as such a threat.

On the upside,can you imagine how badly the agents of the alphabet soup are being spied on? Especially after the Snowden episode.That often makes me smile,the people who have us under surveillance,are propably being scrutinised even more intensely,24/7.Oh well i guess you makes your bed an then you have to sleeps in it

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

All 4 were taken to the hospital , one who tried to stop him was seriously injured and is still in the hospital (now 3 days later). He is expected to be fine though.

(I live here and watched it unfold on the news. The culprit was killed no more than 4 miles from my home.)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfie0827

That's good news. I don't know how anyone could defend themselves when someone is coming at them with a machete.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

A couple of the people used chairs, didn't stop it but did lessen the injuries sustained. So i guess it can be done just not easily.

top topics

join