It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jumping in without an anemone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish

Heh heh, finish the line. What matters is that I am from nowhere - now here.

Envy no one. We are each a miracle...some of us a miraculous mess perhaps, but miracles nonetheless.

Quite true indeed.

Now, why would you take such a beautiful creature and turn it into a machine?

Hehe, Lord Shen is not mechanical, he is actually armed and ready to take back his share:
vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...

I think my personal goal is to become a beautiful peacock, ugly as the name sounds and ugly as the sounds they make. It seems that, wince, "God" almost gets it right and stops just short of the mark. Now, there's an Avatar I'd like to see, but I'd hesitate to lean in on that one.

I actually like the sound them make. Unusual, I know - but then, Perhaps God got it right after all... and perhaps we humans simply cannot perceive that he did!

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
hello and greetings

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

You're lovely and kind of freaky.

Well, that's a first. I'll add that to my repertoire. I've only been "described" by others on two occasions. One was a friend who described me as an odd combination of royalty and army fatigue. The other was my husband's boss, who was trying to introduce me to a room full of professionals. Things got awkward when she was in the midst of, "This is Tom and he's a physician, this is Dick and he's an architect, this is Harry and he's a professor. Everyone, this is Susan and she's a...she's a..." and then she turned to me, wide eyed, and exclaimed, "Why Susan, you're nothing!" There was a very dead long pause where we both silently gulped. The silence was broken by some nervous laughs and the subject was thankfully changed. That is partly why this Introduction initiation was so challenging for me. I can tell you where I've lived and what I've done to make a living, but that's not a living and says nothing about who I am. After wrestling with this for two weeks, I got to that point of thinking "the hell with it," and just jumped into the water.

I've been wondering why everyone is making references to my being afraid so I had to go back and read what I wrote. I wrote it in a hurry and hit Reply quickly before I changed my mind. I was trying to keep it short, so some ideas inadvertently ran together. Being afraid to state my name comes from wrestling with trying to be prudent. If the (bad) cops knew what I know, there would be a target on my back. I'm not trying to be dramatic. It's a fact. Thus, the statement in safety in numbers, but only to a point. The other part of hiding my entire life has to do with having such an odd life, with no understanding of ever changing weird events. Again, a variation of being prudent. But one can come to a point where being prudent can become counterproductive. I'm living in a grey zone and testing the waters, so to speak. That's why I chose that Avatar, if you know anything about clown fish.

Amy, I very much appreciate your comments on light and darkness and the nature of shadows. Nicely put. I'll take your comments to heart. And welcome to ATS also. I'd give you a little flower, but there is no button for that, so imagine one.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I clicked on your name and needed a bigger monitor. You've spent some time here at ATS!

Thanks for the welcome and thumbs up.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just wanted to say hi! I found your intro very interesting.
I'm quite dull on here as I prefer to read more than comment/post.
I find debating on the Internet to be quite awkward and normally results in petty fighting etc.
It bothers me that for a site that is meant to be open minded that so many can have closed minds when it comes to anything other than their own ideas and opinions.
I question everything, including my own beliefs as there is always something new to learn and there's at least two sides to every story. Aaaand that had absolutely nothing to do with anything, sorry.
Welcome anyway!

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: christmaspig

Why such an awful name? Let me rephrase that. What were you thinking with that name?

Regarding debating, I thoroughly agree with you. We have to develop the knack for not being emotionally attached to an issue or to someone else's views towards it. Easy to say. Hard to do. Disagreements, especially seemingly useless ones just for the sake of disagreeing, I find upsetting. But there are some who truly enjoy debating. I'm not one of them. And without the additional sensate experience of body language and vocal tone, it is impossible to discern if some of the comments are meant in jest, or perhaps come out stronger than intended because the writer simply had a bad day and is unconsciously letting out some steam, unknowingly or unintentionally at someone else's expense. I offer my two cents if I feel compelled to do so, but I don't enter a thread without an exit plan, even if that just means to x out of the post.

I question everything, including my own beliefs as there is always something new to learn and there's at least two sides to every story. Aaaand that had absolutely nothing to do with anything, sorry.

Listen "Christmaspig," (Oh, that is difficult to say. At least let me capitalize it.) what you are saying is brilliant. What a waste to say it here, where so few will see it. What you said has absolutely everything to do with everything. Never stop questioning.

Thanks for taking the time to welcome me. Hi back to you!

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

Lol. I have absolutely no rhyme nor reason for the name I have chosen unfortunately. I've just found myself using it when I can't come up with anything else. I'm pretty sure I did the thing where you look around and pick the first two things or words you see to be honest. I'm just lucky it wasn't something worse like "half eaten marmite toast".
I'm rubbish at names. My creativity always comes to a sudden stop when it comes to them. I have to trawl through baby name sites in order to find names for my literary characters I'm that hopeless. And feel free to capitalise it. It's been bugging me since I created it!
But it's a small price to pay I suppose, could be worse. I could have a total lack of imagination and that would be just terrible as my kids would have no one to look for fairies with and fight dragons and create dens etc

I'm glad you understand me, it's a welcome change! I can be quite emotional which is why I hold back from commenting and posting much. As much as I fear face to face interaction I do prefer it as it reduces the chance of misunderstandings.
I hope you're enjoying this place so far. There's so many interesting things to discover and it's a really good place to start off your own research into things. Always learning, always watching

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: christmaspig

Thanks for the explanation of the name. I hope you were not as impulsive with your children's names. If nothing else, I will continue to capitalize it, out of humorous respect.

I hope you're enjoying this place so far. There's so many interesting things to discover

Yes, yes! What I have enjoyed the most are some video's I came across, and I've already forgotten how, of some jet plane flights on a F-15 Eagle. I still get chills to remember them. There are some real heroes, I think, well hidden in plain sight, on these sites! I've also enjoyed the extraordinary efforts that so many have made of their time and talents. In fact, a funny story, my husband and I were just on a drive and I was commenting about what an honor it was to have so many people send a kind welcome, and then to click on some of those names and recognize many of the people I already admire as heroes. He went to "high five" me, but in 43 years we've never done that before, so it took me a moment to realize why he was holding his hand up like that. Once I caught on, I tried to high five him back, but we completely sucked at it and had quite a laugh trying to get our coordination down, rather than a sad geriatric game of one handed patty-cake. These younger people wouldn't understand that. He joked that we only managed a two and a half.

Also impressive are all those Avatars! Amazing creativity. I'm beginning to suspect that the scarier the Avatar, the softer the face behind it!

Cheers

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

UFO's don't exist. Experimental Navy Aircraft does though.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EgoLight

Wow. That was an odd welcome indeed. I don't know what to say. Thank you, I think?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Dang it Murgatroid! You keep changing your picture! Isn't it hard enough to have fake names that no one, or me at least, and I did say I was no one, can memorize, with pictures that are odd, but then to have them keep changing???

I say with a bit of a laugh, that ATS has been a wild ride. Now I am understanding many of the prior welcomes. I should have waited for the anemone! But I digress...

Murgatroid, before you run off and change your picture again, I was thinking that it would make a good thread, all by itself.

(You have PM)

edit on 26-2-2016 by ClownFish because: added the PM note

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS! My kind of member.

Loved reading your intro, and really, really, look forward to learning more about you.

See you on the boards.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Hey ClownFish! I had to stop by to say that you aren't crazy! Well, at least in the classical sense. Crazy awesome maybe? I can resonate with your words, I myself have been expending enormous amounts of wizardry to stay afloat on this boat called life. Maybe one day we'll figure it out eh? Until then....keep being YOU. Oh and I would very much like to hear your account of your first memories! cheers

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sourcery

Well, you just made my day...I was in the process of validating someone else, and here you were, validating me!

Thank you so much, and yes, I am working on that story. To be honest, it's on one of those sticks someplace...a very tiny thing during a very large messy move....challenges.

But thank you so much for the smile!

CF

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: clownfish

Good goddamn intro...

A little advice...watch your 6, be prepared to back up your stance, and last but not least - drink before posting on occasion, it's cheap therapy.

You're gonna find a few members here that are complete tools, yet somehow embraced by the community; on the other side of the coin, some will light a spark under your ass that will kickoff a new way of thinking.

See ya in the trenches...

edit on 4-5-2016 by BestinShow because: Lol got the wrong reply going, dumb ass I am

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Okay. You got me there! My eyes were going back and forth between the Avatar and the first three words of your post and I didn't know which was more threatening! There must be some sort of private contest to see who can freak me out with the ugliest Avatar. No offense, but my impulse was to throw a towel over yours! Please tell me that's not your creature...er...dog. If it is, then, wince..."cute little puppy."

Thank you for the belated welcome! I have only half an idea of what you just said but it made me laugh and I trust my gut reactions!

I don't know where our language took such a sharp turn, but I missed it! A lady here has been speaking to me lately about her "puter" and I was wondering what body part that might be, but I was embarrassed to ask...It was after a few applications of the word in sentences that I realized that she was speaking about her computer!

Now, about the advice to have a few on occasion before a post...I don't think that would be a good idea. I made an odd discovery once...

(this is from a thread courtesy of berenike, called "Have You Ever Planned Something Really Carefully...")

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But it is fun on occasion, isn't it? I mean, having a sip... not post-sip posting!

CF

PS: Everything about ATS is cheap therapy!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join