It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dog Ate My WMDs (NEW! IMPROVED! MORE FIBRE AND SYRIA ADDED!)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Should a high school teacher compare Bush's plight with the child lying about his homework? Absolutely, and he says it well too.

www.truthout.org...

After roughly 280 days worth of fearful descriptions of the formidable Iraqi arsenal, coming on the heels of seven years of UNSCOM weapons inspections, four years of surveillance, months of UNMOVIC weapons inspections, the investiture of an entire nation by American and British forces, after which said forces searched "everywhere" per the words of the Marine commander over there and "found nothing," after interrogating dozens of the scientists and officers who have nothing to hide anymore because Hussein is gone, after finding out that the dreaded 'mobile labs' were weather balloon platforms sold to Iraq by the British, George W. Bush and his people suddenly have a few things to answer for.

[Edited on 17-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Nobody seriously denies he had them. Surely the Iranians and Kurds don't deny it. It is disturbing that the U.S. cannot find a smoking gun, though. Afterall, the war was justified by failure to comply with U.N. mandates regarding WMD's.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Disturbing, yes.

PNAC. False and fabricated evidence. Media deception. Suppression of inquiries. Pattern of this administration.

Sooner or later others will come here to trot out the prevailing need to depose Hussein, and the tragic waste of life under his regime.

My agenda is simpler. The Bush administration is the most criminal and corrupt in US history, and I have no time for it.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Then why present your pet theory?

The most corrupt Administration is US history????

Nah

But feel free to present your simple ideas

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Actually I would be very interested to know examples of administrations with a greater level of corruption than the current one. I find it inconceivable.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Nixon and that whole matter with respect to the president that was exhumed to see of he was
poisoned (cannot remember his name at present),
the administration which proceeded it.

Of course there is as well the President which was actually impeached

Your conclusion is based on the idea that George Bush did not act to protect national security (not likely).

Masked Avatar your responses are the result of conclusions which begin with the word if which begins with your personal prejudice.

My advise is that you go back to the mirror

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
My conclusion is that Bush acted with false and fabricated evidence to support a pre-planned agenda, independent of any issues of national security.

I'm as interested as you are to find out about the other corrupt regimes. I think history will show they pale by comparison to the current one.

Clinton's predilection towards onanism and intern-provided fellatio are a sign or marital problems, not corruption of the administration. Lying under oath about a blow job was pretty stupid.

Under the circumstances I would prefer to look in the mirror having told Clinton's porky, than having anything to do with the Unamerican trash that Bush has given air to. Corrupt bastard.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
For God's sake, when will the evidence be revealed to the world? Everyone, including me and the other posters here are impatient. I do not think you should accuse the administration and CIA of fabricating evidence, though. I want to see their evidence for myself before I make accusations.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
All you are going to "see" is a lot of obfuscation and distraction, unless as a legal professional you have some special freedom of information powers.

And if you want to see evidence and you are refused it, then it's because it's an issue of national security.

BS. Just a vicious corrupt circle.

www.washingtonpost.com...

CIA Says It Cabled Key Data to White House
But Officials Say Document Lacked Conclusion on Iraqi Uranium Deal

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well, this will be an issue with the next presidential election. Basically, Bush has to give up credible evidence (already should have months ago), or he loses. Blair is in the same boat, except they have the vote of no confidence thing going for them.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That was a great article. I thought it was well writen. It was also very hard for someone to dissagree with. It had all the facts to back up its case. Nice find really nice find.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
CIA officer: Bush ignored warnings
By Jonathan S. Landay
KNIGHT RIDDER NEWSPAPERS

WASHINGTON - Making his case for war with Iraq, President Bush in his State of the Union address this year accused Saddam Hussein of trying to buy uranium from Africa, even though the CIA had warned White House and other officials that the story did not check out.

A senior CIA official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the intelligence agency informed the White House on March 9, 2002 -- 10 months before Bush's nationally televised speech -- that an agency source who had traveled to Niger could not confirm European intelligence reports that Iraq was attempting to buy uranium from the West African country.

Despite the CIA's misgivings, Bush said in his State of the Union address: "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium in Africa."

Three senior administration officials said Vice President Dick Cheney and some officials on the National Security Council staff and at the Pentagon ignored the CIA's reservations and argued that the president and others should include the allegation in their case against Saddam.

Forgeries involved

The claim later turned out to be based on crude forgeries that an African diplomat had sold to Italian intelligence officials.

The revelation of the CIA warning is the strongest evidence to date that pro-war administration officials manipulated, exaggerated or ignored intelligence information in their eagerness to make the case for invading Iraq.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yup, I read that months ago. It is sad that CIA would be duped so easilly.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
For God's sake, when will the evidence be revealed to the world?

Have you been reading the news lately???

Here's some headlines:
www.abs-cbnnews.com...[/ur l]

On Sunday Condoleezza Rice admitted that President Bush had used a forged document in his State of the Union speech to prove Iraq represented a nuclear threat

They're currently stepping down teams because they've run out of places to look for WMDS: [url=http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/64207_comment.php]http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/64207_comment.php
"Weapons of mass deception" www.salon.com...

...and the stories about knowingly using bad data to drum up the war effort and so on and so forth. As was said, it's sad that people get up in arms over a President having sex with an intern and yawn at a President lying and using forged and misleading documents to start wars that have killed upwards of 10,000 people in other countries.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
well...
That's because Presidents are supposed to fight wars, not get blowjobs.

The point that 70% of America got was this: America was attacked by terrorists from the Arab world. Every rogue arab nation is a nation that can allow terrorists to train and recruit, openly, in their country... therefore, america is not safe until every rogue Arab country has been brought back in line. The WMD stuff was an addon to get people off the fence, as if to wake up people who didn't get what 9-11 was about. No one who paid attention to the war thinks Bush was lying... He's made it VERY plain that his goal is to knock out every spot on earth that could foster terrorism. The only people who, geneuinely, think he 'lied' are those who went to sleep on 9-10-2001 and woke up three months ago. EVERYONE knew that the Iraq war was ALL ABOUT making a point that rogue states that conduct illegal operations against the USA will be CRUSHED. No if ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Really, I'm not a rabid nationalist, nor do I get joy from every american victory... I just think the motives for the war were obvious, and that anyone who claims deception is fooling themselves.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

For God's sake, when will the evidence be revealed to the world?

Have you been reading the news lately???

Here's some headlines:
www.abs-cbnnews.com...[/ur l]

On Sunday Condoleezza Rice admitted that President Bush had used a forged document in his State of the Union speech to prove Iraq represented a nuclear threat

They're currently stepping down teams because they've run out of places to look for WMDS: [url=http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/64207_comment.php]http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/64207_comment.php
"Weapons of mass deception" www.salon.com...

...and the stories about knowingly using bad data to drum up the war effort and so on and so forth. As was said, it's sad that people get up in arms over a President having sex with an intern and yawn at a President lying and using forged and misleading documents to start wars that have killed upwards of 10,000 people in other countries.

I spend about 6 hrs. per day reading the news from sites all over the globe. I have my opinions, but I do not post them until I have facts Yes, I am a news junkie...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Six weeks later:

Dead Hussein sons (maybe), homecoming of "hero" Private Jessica Lynch;

declassified 9/11 enquiry largely being ignored by ATS;

let's interview two key administration players:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I'm not even going to waste my time trying to prove one side or another because at this point it seems that everyone is just sticking to their guns. Why? Either so much pride that they can't change their views, or fear of not living in a world they thought they were living in. The fact that some people just will not see something, that extends beyond just bush obviously, leaves me in complete amazement. The only possible excuse left I can even come up with is that these people are caught up in the details so much they can't see the big picture. Even with that excuse, which is truly sad, is destroying any faith I have in others. It is also increasing the desire to just see all mankind extinguished because we seem to just desplay such stupidity. True some are waking up and seeing things as they are, but still so many others, no matter how many times they are shown, just will not see.......We are lost people!!!! Please, someone show me some reason to believe that as a whole, we are worthy of anything but failure!!

By the way, I loved this guys editorial!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Actually, evidence was fabricated, and the current administration used it knowing it was false. Seems pretty dishonest to me. Just what exactly keeps you certain people supporting Bush? Can you give me valid reasons why you support him other then rhetoric?

He says he's gonna do a lot of good things, but just what good has he done? Are we all better people now then we were 4 years ago? Is the country in a better state now than it was 4 years ago? Just what has Bush done besides lie and up profits for his corporate buddies and party members?...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Nobody seriously denies he had them. Surely the Iranians and Kurds don't deny it. It is disturbing that the U.S. cannot find a smoking gun, though. Afterall, the war was justified by failure to comply with U.N. mandates regarding WMD's.

No one denies he had them back in the early 90's. The issue is if he had them before this most recent war. Right now it looks pretty obvious that he didn't.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join