It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy and US Air Force Sixth Generation Fighters Will be Separate Platforms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

ahh so much to read already looks like my questions are answered in a few of those posts.

amazing how you can confuse the eyes with simple lighting techniques.

if it works for light it would work for other bands im sure

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

You never heard about those tests in WWII? It was really interesting and shocking.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

honestly im just starting to get in to WWII and WWI.

but this was very intresting

originally posted by: A0

Now, a team of researchers at the University of Central Florida, led by Debashis Chanda, have perfected a nanotransfer printing technique that makes it possible to create larger swaths of the metamaterial—about four by four inch squares. From there, multiple pieces can be stitched together with an automated tool to create a very large area of coverage, Chanda explained in an email.

you could make/print/grow a very interesting skin apparently

it sucks to think you are on to something and know youll never get a real answer.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I forget the exact distances but they dropped the visual identification of incoming aircraft by three or four miles by lighting it up.

Yeah, that was one of the interesting parts. They've been able to do a lot more with skins in recent years. The F-35 skin is proof of that.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Brits did it first..
PR colours

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

They were sort of included in the whole "WWII experiments" thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

Zaphod told me of a particular project and when and where it might be spotted halfway across the world.

It was spotted by my family members in that country almost exactly when and where it was predicted to show up and yes this was posted about before.

This was also well before I got to know him outside of an avatar on ATS. He had nothing to gain by telling me this except vetting his source's intel.
edit on 25-2-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Sweetman starts talking Sixth Gen.

aviationweek.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

And probably already hates it.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Ha! He's a little late to the party.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
All depends if they want to specialize on a dedicated A2A platform or something that can do a lot of things reasonably well.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It really depends on a lot.

The USAF would probably prefer a dedicated A2A. The US Navy has stated in a perfect world, they'd go for a Tomcat replacement and a Rhino replacement (separate). However, given budgets, just the latter.

HOWEVER!

Its quite probable (IMO) we'll see something the size of an F-111. Bigger magazine, range, etc.

Dogfighting is dead in the era of lasers.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
They need look at the Falklands conflict on how CAP is important and how lethal long ranged anti shipping missiles can be

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

With an F-111 sized platform with long legs and a big payload, I have a feeling that "fleet attack" and "fleet defense" are not as mutually exclusive as they might otherwise seem...

In all honesty, I'm kind of surprised that given the size of the AIM-54, nobody ever thought to load up an F-14 with 6 Harpoons to create the Super Etendard From Hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join