It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy and US Air Force Sixth Generation Fighters Will be Separate Platforms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Lol, I hesitated to respond to his post cause I had no idea what he was talking about. Glad you are always here to call out utter BS Zaph

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lexvr2

Take a look at my post history and tell me that I have no idea beyond "AvionicsWeekly", whatever the hell that is. I have far more idea than the average person does, despite what I do for a living.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Take a look at my post history

That really matters ?

I can post pics of my real life man-cave
that can turn your post count and flags
to ....

Drive on, mother trucker.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm not talking about stars and flags, I'm talking about programs that I posted about months before they came out into the light. If you actually read what I posted in the past, you'd see many times where I've talked about things that later came true. Far more than I should be able to if all I read was "AvionicsWeekly".

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I'm not talking about stars and flags, I'm talking about programs that I posted about months before they came out into the light. If you actually read what I posted in the past, you'd see many times where I've talked about things that later came true. Far more than I should be able to if all I read was "AvionicsWeekly".

Are you speaking as a Mod, or, poster ?

Just to be clear.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

When I'm posting as a mod it's perfectly clear.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

When I'm posting as a mod it's perfectly clear.

Clear.

I'm an old friend

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I hope for that too!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
F14 was always a defensive platform to protect the carrier group.The 6th Gen will most likely be a cross interceptor cross strike aircraft..

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

They already have two fantastic strike platforms in the F-35 and the Hornet families, doubly so now that the gator Navy will be carrying F-35's as well.

F/A-XX needs to be an anti-aircraft platform first and foremost and then some. The Hornets and the Lightnings have glaring deficiencies as A2A platforms that aren't going to go away anytime soon.

With that in mind, the F/A-XX needs to be an S-400 evading J-20 killer, built to kill the most potent anti-aircraft and anti-fleet assets that the Russians and the Chinese can cook up, and with the loiter time and combat radius that are so lacking on the other two platforms.

Strike needs to be a distant priority, the way it was on the F-14 or the F-22. That doesn't mean that the F/A-XX shouldn't be able to carry some JDAMs or a couple anti-ship missiles should the Liaoning and her sisters need to change careers and enter the bourgeoning deep-sea aquaculture industry, but that needs to be a secondary design objective.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Do you have any examples?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

Off the top of my head no. I know there were several that I posted that sometime later had articles on Flight or AvWeek or other places. I just don't remember what they were anymore.
edit on 2/23/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'll bet you could find them if you want to go through all 58,604 posts Zaph's made in the last 11 years.

They are there. Let us know what you find when your done.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Gawd hes dug so many rabbit holes it will suck trying to dive down them all.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

You needed something to do.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I call it research for work..Even though I work for myself

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

What about posts like these then? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You know what, screw this. You guys want to come in and bust my balls for not being 100% accurate, you go right the hell ahead and do that, and have fun with it. I'm sick of people doing this, and I'm done with it.
edit on 2/24/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Taranis..
Under the terms of an Anglo-French development contract announced in 2014, parts from the Taranis will be combined with the Dassault nEUROn in a joint European UCAV

Boeing Phantom Ray..
The Phantom Ray was scheduled to make its maiden flight in December 2010 from NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center, but this was later rescheduled, and the aircraft first flew on April 27, 2011, from Edwards AFB,[ having been carried there by the Boeing 747 Shuttle Carrier Aircraft.

Wichita mystery aircraft..
Northrup demonstrator for the LRSB

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join