It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putins planes Keep Bombing despite agreement....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Looks like now that Assads Big Brothers back his regime hes vowed to get the whole country back...............
Putin continues to pound rebels and the Syrian army is making a concerted drive for Allepo encirclement.....

Business as usual, but everyone is talking like they have made a big breakthrough.....
Seems Kerry thinks the coalition will war with the Russo Syrian side if they don't stop the fighting....
Threatening other foreign troops in country etc.....

The momentum is building for wider warfare and the parties involved in incitement seem determined to make it happen...

"
.MUNICH/AMMAN (Reuters) - Major powers agreed on Friday to a pause in combat in Syria, but Russia pressed on with bombing in support of its ally President Bashar al-Assad, who vowed to fight until he regained full control of the country.

Although billed as a potential breakthrough, the "cessation of hostilities" agreement does not take effect for a week, at a time when Assad's government is poised to win its biggest victory of the war with the backing of Russian air power."

I am beginning to think the rebels are collapsing far faster than we are told....perhaps deserting in numbers....?
edit on 12-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Russia is still bombing ?

Hell I thought it was over when they got 'first' got involved.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Neocons...forgot the old adage "never awaken the Russian Bear"......

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You do know you can check the results of Russia's bombing by yourself? They are actually doing the work. Unlike other countries

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I thought I read the "cessation of hostilities" starts from next monday. I might be wrong but the article seems to imply it aswell.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yep they are giving the Assad group a chance to strangle Aleppo.....
and make whatever other gains it can...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I know you dont like facts and are happy playing ignorant in your mission to ridicule Russia, but some basic reading would show

“It is stated in our documents – and we talked about it – that the ceasefire will not include Islamic State, Jabhat al-Nusra, and other affiliated organizations that have been recognized as terrorist by the UN Security Council. That is why our Aerospace Defense Forces will carry on with their operation against these organizations,” he explained.

www.rt.com...

but please, carry on. Your a great example of how people shouldnt act if they want respect.

edit on pm717298122016-02-12T19:17:22-06:00072016p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Ridculing Russia is rather easy.

After all their involvement to 'end' ISIS was a 'slam' dunk.

I lost track of how many months it has been now.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
and just incase you want to continue your game of ignorance and spout off about rt blah blah blah..

here's a cnbc article suggesting the ceasefire starts in 1 week and does not include ISIS, al-nusra

Early on Friday morning, a communique was released in which the group – which includes the Arab League, EU, U.S., Russia and United Nations among others, said that a ceasefire would start in one week although the fight against militant groups like IS and al-Nusra would continue. There was also no agreement to end Russian airstrikes, which have been accused of widely targeting rebel groups attacking Assad's forces, rather than focusing on IS.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

typical.. run from the conversation.

you really are quite.. ahh stuff it.. your just not worth it anymore

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Silence! Only the west may target terrorists, otherwise our own boogeymen and falstaffs could get hurt or even killed...

:rolleyes:

John Kerry is on it, so we all know the fix is in and this ceasefire is a stalling tactic while NATO figures out how to force regime change in Syria before oil prices make the Turkish pipeline a completely losing proposition.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Sure enough.

Arguing with Putin worship truly isn't worth it.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Syria before oil prices make the Turkish pipeline a completely losing proposition.

Which of the new seven sisters will be the winner.

Saudi Aramco (Saudi Arabia) China National Petroleum Corporation (China) Gazprom (Russia) National Iranian Oil Company (Iran)

en.wikipedia.org...(oil_companies)

The suspense is to DIE for.

Literally, and figuratively.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You know it's funny

Can you imagine if Putin had armed the Ferguson rioters or the Oregon protesters and provided them with special forces training, US would be calling for war.

Hell even without any foreign help the Oregon protesters have been labelled as terrorists, yet in Syria "oh they're just rebels" and moderate at that

If USA, UK, France hadn't started meddling with other nations then none of this would be happening

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

The Agreement is to not bomb anyone who is not ISIS. The so called freedom fighters are all on the Turkish-ISIS bankroll.

Russia said they are all Terrorist as they rightly are. The whole thing was started by the Muslim Brotherhood in Turkey as they are now called ISIS. They had to change their name after being kicked out of Egypt and publicly embarrassed. Just the same terrorist hiding that fact. They are responsible for every nation who has been destroyed do to the so called Arab Spring.

NATO backs Turkey and that will bring them head on with Russia. Russia will not let Syria be taken over by anyone. Having said that, Saudi Arabia and Turkey have already said they will invade Syria to fight ISIS and now we know what they will use as an excuse now. The Gulf states of Terrorist have amassed a huge army in Northern Saudi Arabia for a so called exercise. 350,000 troops, 2500 aircraft and 20,000 tanks from 21 Sunni Arab countries is no exercise. There has never been an exercise that big.
Its an invasion army 16 hours drive from Syria skipping through parts of Iraq.

Saudi Arabia's General publicly said they are contributing 100,000 troops and that Saudi Arabia's invasion of Syria is a forgone conclusion. To fight ISIS LOL.
Too bad everyone with half a brain knows that they have been funding and supplying men for ISIS.

If these 300 thousand plus troops even enter Iraq they are going to be met full force by every Shia Iraqi with a gun while leaving their backside open to Iran's whole army as they try to skippy through western Iraq. Russia will have to either abandon Syria or nuke the invaders to keep them out of Syria.

Turkey has troops in Saudi Arabia for this so called exercise since they are the best trained out of the bunch and likely are leading this stunt. So we can have 350 thousand Arabs invading from the south while Turkey pushes in from the north. Syria is fubar unless Russia backs them with nuclear weapons. Russia has sent out the warnings and the Arabs are acting as they do not care. That act of bravado means the U.S. has given them some sort of assurances.

What this will bring is a huge Arab army right on Israels door step with 100 percent intentions to do away with them while they are right next door. If they get close to the Golan with hostile intentions all bets are off.

Now, if you look at the Biblical clues of the Gog Magog war that is about to happen you can clearly see who the actors are and how Russia was not the one originally thought to be Gog. It was Turkey all along. Turkey is GOG. Its they who come to take a spoil just as they have been doing in Syria. 350 thousand from the south, a massive force from Turkey with ISIS in country sure would look like a storm cloud covering the land.

If Russia does not nuke them to stop them from conquering Syria they will not stop until they invade and destroy Israel thinking its a sure thing. Turkey thinks they are untouchable being in NATO, maybe for Russia but not Israel. Israel till Obama has had the U.S. to back them 100 percent.

Now you all can see how the GOG-MAGOG WAR started and how it will end. Funny how Russia turned out to be the good guy in all this, too bad they will not stop the Arabs when it matters. They will likely help Israel on the DL. Not that they need much but thanks to Obama they will hopefully ship them a ton of weapons.

(post by Patriotsrevenge removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

That's a crazy amount of troops for an exercise. I agree it's hard to believe that's all it would amount to. And as I was reading, my first thoughts wss after they mopped up ISIS they would quickly turn towards Israel. Pretty scary stuff. I hope you're wrong, but don't expect you to be.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

That's a crazy amount of troops for an exercise. I agree it's hard to believe that's all it would amount to. And as I was reading, my first thoughts wss after they mopped up ISIS they would quickly turn towards Israel. Pretty scary stuff. I hope you're wrong, but don't expect you to be.

I was thinking the same thing...

@ Patriotsrevenge
You got a source discussing the numbers you provided?

I ask because Russia has approximately 15k +/- tanks, China has about 9k +/- and the US has 8k +/- according to Global Fire Power 2016.

20k tanks seems like a lot... Especially when you consider those 21 Sunni nations dont even come close to that number of tanks combined, let alone sending every single tank in their possession to a foreign country.
edit on 12-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Can you provide any source at all for your assertions?
Not that I doubt your veracity...id just like to know any details I can get....
What kind of tanks? What type of aircraft, launched from where?you know...the details....thanks...
The Russians have accused Turkey of preparing to invade publicly.....
edit on 12-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Well they haven't been there almost 5 years like us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join