It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can your soul/spirit/consciousness escape from a black hole?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The question just popped into my head.

Many people say they have 'travelled' through the Universe and it occurred to me that either when 'travelling' we are immune to gravity or run a great risk of being lost.

If immune then has anybody ever gone for a look because I have never heard of anybody doing so?

Many planets, stars and other galaxies are referenced but I have never heard anybody mention black holes or perhaps if your 'soul/spirit/consciousness' is sucked into one you either don't wake up, disappear mysteriously or wake up raving.

Anybody have any thoughts or experiences?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I have only had one out of body experience and I only got as far as the next room. That's quite an interesting question.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It's all an illusion of life created in our mind anyways, so technically no.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I once visited a black hole in my dreams.

The speed of thought saved me . . . I shot right pass the EH, and as far as I know, I'm still traveling !

The things you see !

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
How do you navigate when astrally projecting? Do you just think of a place, even a place you've never been, and just travel there? I know I've seen claims of astral-projectors travelling to other star systems and planets but I've never understood how you could do that... even if you looked at a star in the sky and thought "go there," the spot where the star was is now billions of miles away from the star you were trying to get to because of the speed of light.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Having read "A Brief History of Time" where light is described as both particles and a wave (don't understand how it can be both) but Prof Hawking is more intelligent than me in this field! and the recent discovery in Gravitational Waves, it would suggest that the Conscious / soul / spirit must also be a particle as well as a wave so therefore could not escape a black hole.

Now, one question i have is, OK, nothing can escape a black hole but, can EVERYTHING be captured? after the Event Horizon what happens? whats there? a wall of matter? a wormhole to a different universe?

Answer me science, wish i had a time machine that would give me these future answers ....... i am pretty sure they will be answered long after my passing

CbG
edit on 2016-02-12T16:33:50-06:002016Fri, 12 Feb 2016 16:33:50 -0600bFriday3302America/Chicago164 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I would suspect the answer is no, if your reference frame were within a black hole.

However, if you are lying in bed here, and 'traveling' in your thoughts, where exactly is your reference frame?

I would posit that your reference frame is where you are physically. Which calls into question whether you are actually 'traveling'.

Perhaps you have, instead, encountered a mental state that is highly connected to your creativity, and very much less so to your reason and 'inner critic'.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I would posit that your reference frame is where you are physically. Which calls into question whether you are actually 'traveling'.

But I thought we are all flying through space on planet Earth

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yes, the more will power a spirit/soul/consciousness has, its likely to escape.

edit on 12-2-2016 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
How do you navigate when astrally projecting? Do you just think of a place, even a place you've never been, and just travel there? I know I've seen claims of astral-projectors travelling to other star systems and planets but I've never understood how you could do that... even if you looked at a star in the sky and thought "go there," the spot where the star was is now billions of miles away from the star you were trying to get to because of the speed of light.

You just float around really and will yourself in whatever direction you want to go.Passing through glass feels very strange and keep away from power lines.You stick to them if you get to close.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

We are, currently ........ if you are reading this

2nd

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

My assumption was based upon the invariable perpetuum of motion and the fact that is falls mostly beneath our consciousness.

You are, of course, correct.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

My assumption was based upon the invariable perpetuum of motion and the fact that is falls mostly beneath our consciousness.

I agree, however ........... you are thinking 2 dimensions, possibly 3 dimensions at best yes?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

originally posted by: chr0naut

I agree, however ........... you are thinking 2 dimensions, possibly 3 dimensions at best yes?

I try to think multidimensionally after the accident (a researcher took a left turn in the fifth dimension and came back entirely inside out. Awful mess).

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Yeah ok, can we be serious here

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link