It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exodus 4: 24-26 WTF???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Point me out a "Christian" nation... and I will gladly respond accordingly

A nation whose leadership has determined to be Christian.

See, what Jesus does works out fine for Jesus. But then you have the other guys, who in fine are the point of him bothering to incarnate. Any one being baptised or accepting Christ as their personal Lord or responding to more exotic definitions of self-identifying as Christian, isn't necessarily capable of turning the other cheek.
It's like saying "when someone kills your kid, plant a tree." It would make the world better maybe, except it wouldn't prevent more kid murdering from that guy. Hell at least it doesn't encourage him to slap again as in the other cheek technique.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

Maybe we need to realize the ancient texts are ancient and there are many not all compiled into the "bible". The fact that the stories are repeated in many cases to me proves that there is a grain of truth in them. You must branch out to find meanings.

Sargon
Sargon the Great, King of Akkadian around 2,300 BCE also had a similar legendary story about his birth. But earliest legend story we have is from the 7th century BCE found in the Library of Ashurbanipal. He was born as the illegitimate son of a priestess or low class woman. In shame she secretly hid her child and then placed in a basket of reeds and floated him down a river where baby Sargon was found by a man and raised as his own son — only later to become a great King and leader — like Moses.

Karna
My daughter and I are now reading the Mahabharata were a similar basket story came up. I copied the page with the picture on it for you.

In this story, a virgin is impregnated by the sun god (sound Christian?). In shame the child is sent down a river and found by a charioteer (low caste) who found him a famous teacher of war. This child was Karna who would become major warrior in the Mahabharata.

triangulations.wordpress.com...
Sargon vs Moses
www.tektonics.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

There's an old saying quoted by seminarians, "The New Testament, in which God was in a much better mood."

I loled.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this one:

Does the Creator speak at all in the new testament? Cause if so I missed it.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Ha! He can't get anything right. His way always leads to death.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

See, what Jesus does works out fine for Jesus.

hmm...

Have you read the New Testament?

It really didn't work out too well for Jesus

honestly

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Have you read the New Testament? It really didn't work out too well for Jesus honestly

I have.

Thanks for the honesty. Here is honesty from a different point of view:

1. Jesus of Nazareth, king of the jews, is treated like a bum in his own land by Empire of Rome who governs it

2. Empire of Rome Christianized. Boom. Jesus worshipped as a god as far as Australia. His birthday is the new year now.

3. profit

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol

1. Jesus of Nazareth, king of the jews, is treated like a bum in his own land by Empire of Rome who governs it

2. Empire of Rome Christianized. Boom. Jesus worshipped as a god as far as Australia. His birthday is the new year now.

3. profit

Yeah, Constantine screwed a lot of things up. This was the worst one.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country

That wasn't for a good 300 years after his death... And Xmas was an adopted Pagan festival which was formerly called "Sol Invictus"... or "the birth of the sun" ironically

Profit?

Sounds like the plan of the underpants gnomes...

edit on 12-2-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

So I take it you're into empires. Explains the avatar.

Rome was a Greek (Eneid for the librarians) colony and mixed Jesus' message with their own in a way they found convenient. Keeping the twelve bosses as underbosses of the new boss for instance.
England did it too with Darwinism. Eh. They'll grow out of it eventually.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Great question! As I understand it from googling for information and so IMHO, for what it's worth: The circumcision in Genesis 17:1-23 is part of the Covenant between God and Abraham and with Moses' son not being circumcised, the son then would've been cut off from this Covenant. This being despite the fact that Moses was a great man in the service of God.
So it wasn't Moses that God was going to kill, but his son - and I think Moses would've already had to have been circumcised because this would've explained how the Egyptians determined that he was a Hebrew child.
Also God's / Moses' own house had to be in order for Moses' to face off against the Pharaoh; without the loss of his own son's life as a first-born son at that initial Passover - which could've caused a rift between Moses and God and distracted Moses from his God-given task.
A bride-groom is what we would understand by the word 'husband' and reference of this is made in Isaiah 54:5, where it says: Isa 54:5 'For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called'.
Zipporah was obviously not happy about circumcising her son - causing pain, drawing blood, etc. - but obviously she did understand that this then made her and her son, inheritors of this Covenant with Abraham 'by [the] blood [of her son's circumcision]' i.e. Hebrews.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol

So I take it you're into empires. Explains the avatar.

I'm actually rather cross with Constantine AND his silly mother. He also moved the capital to Istanbul and abandoned Rome to the barbarians (who really weren't all that barbaric, in truth). I rather like Vespasian myself. Now there was an enlightened despot!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Simple man...

The god of the OT wants blood... Theres never an explanation for it, except for the fact that this critter is a blood thirsty, wicked creation...

The reason given is found later in Leviticus... "the life of every creature is in the blood"

So again, blood is what the OT god wants... his rules are pretty simple

22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

NO worries though... Jesus corrected this silly critter...

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

Blood and retaliation Vs Mercy and forgiveness

God is a God of justice
Sin equates to death, sin and you die, it's that simple

Also a tooth for a tooth is logical, some earlier bible figures lost a brother and went out for justice by killing whole family's

Can you think of a better law even today that would stop senseless violence in the way a tooth for tooth law would

Jesus didn't change the law, He just placed an escape clause in their for us

And remember Jesus is talking to Christians, if the world will follow that's good but the message of the gospel is to,Everyman, the laws of Christ to christians

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Jesus is CERTAINLY not talking to Christians... what a silly thing to say

Sin does not equate to death... Only to your god of the OT

And Yes Jesus did change the law... He said even IF a man gets angry at his brother he is in danger of hell fire...

revenge has never helped anything... Its a horrible human emotion, which your so called god possesses just like many of his other disgusting attributes... It does not make people feel better, it makes them feel worse... and further more it is a product of selfishness... which is the epitome of evil, IF one chooses to believe in such things.

YOUR god of the OT is a god of wickedness... sorry to say but its true... he/she/it does not know justice, or mercy... or forgiveness for that matter

logical indeed

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

It's not revenge its justice

Killing killers stops feuding
Like those two American cowboy family's, the Hatfields and Mcoys

If the perpetrator/s had have been dealt with then the blood shed wouldn't have been as bad

It's not revenge, it's justice

God is a God of justice, even Jesus will return to bring justice

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Does that "justice" include letting wild animals maul children for calling his friend a few names?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Maigret

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Does that "justice" include letting wild animals maul children for calling his friend a few names?

Ak you are the worst kind of religious person
You are a fundamentalist and hater

You can not accept others have a different opinion and will gnostic bash them to death

Yes it's Gods justice, it's not human justice

Rant and rage all you like but your only complaining because the world doesn't fit into your own personal view.
You want to be a god
I accept that I am not a god so I don't expect anyone to conform, you demand it

Sorry, your opinion is invalid to me

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Cutting off an infants foreskin (with a flint) to appease a god.....

What more evidence does anyone need to know this it's all just debased and primitive superstition?

The fact that there are people who think such a thing is perfectly fine just shows just how poisonous and wicked it all is....

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369
Can that even be done?With a flint that she apparently carries at all times(thank god!).

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It'd be a mess, and the chances of the cuts getting infected?

It's maybe one of the absolute worst things you could do, never mind it apparently coming from a god figure that's going to inspire millions of others to do the same and lead to the deaths of a great many children.

But yeah lets and worship and love this 'god'....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join