It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCHENGEN suspended and Greece given 3 months to tighten external border!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well it would seem the EU have finally woke up to the clear and present dangers of allowing people into Europe unvetted and free to disappear, 12 months too late in my opinion, but, nonetheless at least they appear to be seeing what citizens have been seeing for a long time that many arent refugees.

uk.mobile.reuters.com...

Although I want this insanity to stop especially as Turkey is now threatening to send hundreds of thousands more people over to Europe I also feel sorry for Greece who now seem to be bearing the brunt of this situation. I hope the EU have given Greece funds and manpower to help them to protect their external borders. Greece are already in austerity and I am sure will have lost a lot in revenues from tourism as a direct result of the migrant crisis.

It also seems completely unfair for the fingers now be pointed at Greece without those same fingers being pointed to the real culprit of all this chaos, Angela Merkel. She was the one who actively encouraged and welcomed people to Europe. She could have halted it somewhat last year if she had backed Hungary with its stance when it was saying people had to register there and couldnt carry on their journeys. Instead she gave orders to let people through.

Anyway, Greece has been given 3 months to tighten irs borders otherwise it will be kicked out of Schengen and Schengen can be suspended for 2 years it has been agreed today!
edit on 12-2-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens It seems as though Greece will be the whipping boy for the stupidity of the EU, in general, and Crazy Angela in particular. What are the Greeks supposed to do and with what resources are they to do it? They have suffered through never ending economic crises and now they are to somehow stop the flood imposed on them by the rest of the EU. Maybe a high speed rail line from Syria directly to Germany's border would help.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The Greeks do not have the financial capability to bring about the closure of the border, they are under enforced austere measures.

What about the bailout I hear you all cry. The bailout went straight to the banks to pay creditors, they have no money.

I swear it's all part of a plan.

Bankrupt a country, bring it to its knees and then start throwing immigrants into the mix. Stir it all up by welcoming all Syrians into Germany and then 'BOOM' shut your borders because we are shutting ours.
edit on 12/2/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Yes, a dedicated high speed railway to Fatima's doorstep.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The UK isn't signatory to Schengen, yet the EU continues to force them to take these refugees...

Why in the hell is any sovereign nation in the EU at this point? This globalism bullcrap needs to stop immediately and nations need to go back to the days of strict borders, language, and cultures unique to each and protected from assault from outside.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The UK isn't signatory to Schengen, yet the EU continues to force them to take these refugees...

Why in the hell is any sovereign nation in the EU at this point? This globalism bullcrap needs to stop immediately and nations need to go back to the days of strict borders, language, and cultures unique to each and protected from assault from outside.

Probably because all the Sovereigns are pulling the strings, they are in control of it all.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Goldman Sachs a.k.a The Rothschilds. Moody's, Standard and Poor a.k.a. Wall Street . They expect every country to achieve a particular growth rate in their annual GDP in order to maintain their credit rating. No growth - No credit = hyperinflation or austerity measures and privatization of infrastructure. Just to keep everyone in line, they regulate the global inflation rate.
So if a country doesn't grow their economy and maintain their export/import balance, they go into debt. No-one is allowed to sit back and enjoy the cruise. For many countries, their population is aging, so to achieve more growth, they need more population.

An example:
www.wallstreetnational.com...

edit on 12-2-2016 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Too little too late.
And of course is somebody else' fault.
It will take many many years for Europe to recover from this blow, if ever. Hope there is a special place in hell reserved for Angela Merkel.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I know I feel terrible for the people of Greece they dont deserve to be treated like this, once again though it is the normal person in the street who has to suffer because of the leaders bad decisions.

Its almost like Europe want Greece to turn into a failed Country. There are already tensions running high with taxi drivers and farmers striking, throw into the mix thousands of angry migrants who suddenly realise they are no longer going to be able to demand that they are let through and soon there will be outright civil war on Europe's border. How do the Leaders of EU think Macedonia's fences are going to protect Europe if it all erupts in Greece? No doubt they havent thought that far ahead but if there is civil war in Greece it will be an ideal opportunity for terrorists to use that vulnerability to get a foothold into Europe,a reply to: pteridine

edit on 12-2-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The way Greece has been treated by the EU is an absolute disgrace. I know, I know, the Greek politicians were not exactly on the ball throughout the whole austerity thing but still.
Greece was down and we didn't help them enough, we kicked them instead. I am just hoping that Portugal and Spain can somehow find themselves a way out of the mess they are in.

If there is one bit of light at the end of the tunnel, the aforementioned countries will always be able to rely on tourism, at least for some revenue.

It will be interesting to see if the flood of migrants is stemmed if this ceasefire actually works. Fingers crossed.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

The total incompetence of the EU is the anti democratic

straitjacket which it operates under.

Anyone who dares suggest that it isn't/wasn't the greatest idea to

open all borders to every and any one is dismissed as a selfish

racist bigot

It is not the present crisis that is causing chaos for the EU ....

It is the EU's chaos that is causing the crisis in Europe!

Just as an aside.....

Who remembers Gillian Duffy? Who Gordon Brown dismissed as

"That bigoted woman" in 2010 when she asked about immigration

being an issue during that election campaign!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
The Greeks do not have the financial capability to bring about the closure of the border, they are under enforced austere measures.

What about the bailout I hear you all cry. The bailout went straight to the banks to pay creditors, they have no money.

Bankrupt a country, bring it to its knees and then start throwing immigrants into the mix. Stir it all up by welcoming all Syrians into Germany and then 'BOOM' shut your borders because we are shutting ours.

If the Greeks had paid their taxes, they would not be in so much do-dee, the Greeks are even worse than the Italians for evading taxation.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Google would fit in well with them then!a reply to: pikestaff

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yes and even then that poor women who was slated by the Press was only saying what the majority of other Brits felt but were too cowardly to admit.

Looking back that was the moment when people were waking up but rather than taking to the streets in protest at how she was spoken to and treated by the press everyone was too scared of being treated as terribly as she was and that has been how it has been allowed to continue.

Now if anyone tries to protest they are labelled far right bigots and everything is done by the far left to shout them down and when all else fails start with violence which then gets portrayed as being the sole fault of the far right therefore ensuring that normal people dont join the protests so its a win win for those who want the majority view silenced.wa reply to: eletheia

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

If the Greeks had paid their taxes, they would not be in so much do-dee, the Greeks are even worse than the Italians for evading taxation.

Yes of course, but they didn't, so it's kinda like what I described initially.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Native Americans: This MANIFEST DESTINY bullcrap needs to stop immediately!

Nationalism has only been around for about three centuries and globalization has been chipping away it for a while now and there's no stopping it — the effective distances between us and the barriers that separate us are dwindling all the time. Consider what we're doing right now. Here we are communicating with people from other countries in real time, without paying some horrendous per minute charge and it's absolutely no big deal. Do you even remember when it was?

The only constant is change.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

...most of the native tribes fought each other like all hell long before the white man arrived. Tribalism is a localized form of nationalism.

And yeah, we need STRONG national protectionist policies yesterday.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Seems like the powers that be have been trying everything to destroy Greece, the question we should be asking is why Greece ? What makes Greece so significant that her destruction is necessary for the greater plan ?

I'm betting now Greece wish they'd taken the deal Russia offered them instead of sticking with the EU and the IMF

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

The Germans and northern Europeans love to blame Greece and southern Europe the way people in the USA like to blame Mexico. It is a long standing prejudice that shows the Germans have learned very little from their "Nazi experiment".

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Greece is not a viable country ; since it's creation [ 1821 ] , the Greece needed 4 bailouts from West .

200 years of existence and 4 times bankrupt in 200 years .

Clearly , Greeks have no idea how to run a viable country.

new topics

top topics

join