It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Server Questions and Issues

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I know that everyone is aware that the Member Uploads in the Member center is temporarily disabled. And I know that it was posted and U2U'ed prior to the change that it would be down for a while . I just thought that I would show you what I see if I try to get to it. Maybe I am way off base for posting this, and spookey will get me if so, but here goes.

Properties for the upload show as: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Ping attempts get no reply. But does resolve the IP to: 81.157.144.240
Whois shows this belongs to: BTCentralplus.com Country: GB

A tracert reaches BTCentralplus.com at 166.49.164.113, continues past a few routers and fails at: 213.123.107.163
Whois shows this belongs to: BT Public Internet Service Country: GB

A little more digging shows a red flag about this block of IP's. Radb.net and RIPE for instance has posted:

Results for Whois Query:
whois -h whois.radb.net ' 213.123.107.163'
Number of objects found: 2
route: 213.120.0.0/14
descr: BT Public Internet Service
origin: AS2856
mnt-by: BTNET-MNT
changed: [email protected] 20021204
source: RIPE

route: 213.0.0.0/8
descr: REACH (Customer Route)
tech-c: RRNOC1-REACH
origin: AS23649
REMARKS: This auto-generated route object was created for a REACH customer route. This route object was created because some REACH peers filter based on these objects and this route may be rejected.

Remarks: If this object is not created, please contact [email protected] if you have any questions regarding this object. notify: [email protected]
mnt-by: MAINT-REACH-NOC
changed: [email protected] 20041129
source: REACH

Besides the bold text, note the Origin of AS23649.

I was going to stop here with tech stuff, but I thought that I would throw in some conspiracy stuff to keep it interesting for the rest of the groups.

A little more research shows: Report for AS23649 Name
NEWSKIES-AS-AP New Skies Satellites, Hong Kong Teleport.

A little more research shows: Hong Kong Teleport is a subsidiary of Americom Asia-Pacific. See: Americom Asia-Pacific establishes Hong Kong Teleport

From its facilities in Clearwater Bay, Hong Kong, GSB will provide a full range of teleport services for the powerful Ku-band satellite AAP-1. Services can be provided on two of the satellite's three beams: the Northeast Asia and the China beams, which combine to cover China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, the Philippines and the northern regions of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Vietnam and Nepal.

Americom Asia-Pacific (AAP) is a 50/50 joint venture company of Lockheed Martin Global Telecommunications , and GE Americom. AAP has headquarters in Singapore with additional sales and technical support teams in Beijing, Hong Kong and New Delhi.

Conclusions:
1. The uploads is not available due to internet routing issues, not ATS Administration. (just guessing).

Conspiracy conclusions: (joke)
1. The uploads are not located in Idaho as the Front Page of ATS would have you believe.

2. Lockheed Martin is 50% one of the Internet service providers.
3. Lockheed works mostly for the U.S. Gov.
4. The U.S. Gov. is therefore monitoring your uploads.
5. The U.S. Gov. is not just monitoring your uploads, they are making Simon pay for the internet access to do uploads.

Uh oh I have started a new conspiracy. Should I have posted this somewhere else?

[edit on 15-1-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I would have posted if I saw that you were resolving the wrong IP. My results are.

Pinging ads.abovetopsecret.com [66.98.176.42] with 32 bytes of data:

That's the Same IP I'm getting...

Tracing route to images.abovetopsecret.com [66.98.176.42]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Ok, I fixed it. The problem was on my end. For some reason the ATS router or firewall didn't like me attaching my internet IP to a local host (not the modem as the internet IP.) I figured it was something silly on my end, and I thought I looked at everything. My apologies to anyone who spent time looking into it.

Thanks for hosting, and the new server is speedy. Great!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso A tracert reaches BTCentralplus.com at 166.49.164.113, continues past a few routers and fails at: 213.123.107.163 Whois shows this belongs to: BT Public Internet Service Country: GB
Whatever you're doing, it's wrong. The subdomains: images. ads. uploads. webmail. blogs. are all running on the old ATS server... nothing changed.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply. Sorry to trouble you.
hehe

I did some digging since you posted, and it turns out that If I ping anything with a .php extension, it resolves to that 81 address I mentioned.

My bad!!!!

Feel free to delete w/no hard feelings. The last part was satire anyway.

Think I will log off for a few months due to embarrassment. :-)

[edit on 16-1-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

Think I will log off for a few months due to embarrassment. :-)

[edit on 16-1-2005 by makeitso]

No reason to avoid the boards, over some embaressment...
I think that everyone here has had a moment of "is SIMON short for
State Internet Mandatory Oversight Nemisis "

and you wouldn't belong here if you didn't think these boards were monitored (at least by an external agency)

so keep to the boards... and keep proposing any such thing you want...
it is just an opinion (until it becomes fact from evidence).... after all

I would like to thank One sak and SIMON for addressing my password situation... it feels good to wear my old skin once more....

don't suppose i can get my points from my temp username transferred maybe... perhaps....possibly ? hummmm Pleaaaasseee

BTW... i keep getting extra points everytime I accidently notice troop movements somewhere and report on them..,. so I saw some chinooks over my house last night...
does that count?

[edit on 17-1-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just noticed this, if I go to the 'settings' tab it shows my user control panel (pardon my lack of correct terminology, I'm kinda new) and a place to check my u2u's. When I click on any of the u2u's there it pops up a smaller window that has a 404 "The requested URL /forum/u2u.php was not found on this server." error.

If I go to my u2u manager tab they work fine.

-Scott

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Damn it this must be the 70th time i tried to log into ATS and it still didnt work. Whenever i try to log in from ANY other computer except the one i am on right now writing this IT DOES NOT WORK. I have tried to log in from 2 of my other PCs and my laptop... NOTHING! I have tired from 4 other PCs at my friends homes and still NOTHING! I have even tried to log in from 6 PCs from work.... and u guessed, IT STILL WONT LET ME IN! So its clear the problem is not on my end..... I think the server remembered my IP from this computer and only allows me to log in from here... CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS DAMN BUG, i have had this problem ever since the new server was up. Thanks for taking time to read my rant... PLEASE REPLY

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi Damn it this must be the 70th time i tried to log into ATS
1- What is the symptom when you attempt to log-in? 2- Are you certain you remember your password? 3- Did you clear your cookies? 4- Did you pray at the altar?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by beyondSciFi
Damn it this must be the 70th time i tried to log into ATS

1- What is the symptom when you attempt to log-in?

2- Are you certain you remember your password?

3- Did you clear your cookies?

4- Did you pray at the altar?

#2 yes! i could log in and out from this computer but not from any other ones
#3 duh
#4 err... no

#1 I have noticed something new today... i was on ATS today LOGGED OFF, but the the bottom of the page it said that i was one of the members ON ATS now.... so im guessing this computer is always logged into ATS for some weird reason... although i could ONLY see that i was logged on when i was logged off from this computer and only this computer... i checked this by running 3 other computers at once all on ATS... and none showed me on ATS except the one i have this bug on... So i think my account got locked in some weird way in which i could only have access from this computer... i dunno this is giving me a headache, ill be back tomorrow to post again.

any ideas?

[edit on 20-1-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
ive noticed this over the past few days, but on the myatsand forum pages, at the bottom on the list of members online, im not listed. is this a new change, or just me?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i just checked again, and im there. dunno what that is, its been off for a week or so. if it was you (plural), then thanks.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I haven't seen this posted, and I'm not entirely sure it's a server related issue, but:

The main blog page
doesn't seem to have refreshed since January 7, 2005.

Any info?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This happened when I was coming from BTS to ATS using the Recent tabs, just thought I would mention it, it’s working fine now in any event.

Parse error: parse error in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/forum/header.php on line 849

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: loadtemplates() in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/forum/today.php on line 17

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
I haven't seen this posted, and I'm not entirely sure it's a server related issue, but:

The main blog page
doesn't seem to have refreshed since January 7, 2005.

Any info?

I thought I asked this before as well. Then I stopped because I knew that there were bigger issues at hand. But I was also wondering if the Blog titles were ever going to be back as well? Like they used to be on the main page?

Other than that..everything is fanatic... I mean fantastic...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join