It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Server Questions and Issues

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Whatever button that was in the middle of myNEW and chat button isnt showing up, the others are but that single one isnt just a heads up

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This one --->
?? It shows up for me. Try refreshing.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
This one --->
??

Yeah SO that one but it still doesnt come up for me, its comming up as ?? i refreshed with no results its not that big of a deal i can live with it lol just wanted to give you a heads up

[edit on 13-1-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
That's strange, I see it.

What browser are you using?

It is just a gif. Can you brose to this page? Do you see it there?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
That's strange, I see it.

What browser are you using?

It is just a gif. Can you brose to this page? Do you see it there?

Im using aol.. and now i can see it.. thats strange it wasnt there now it is.. hmm ohh well thanks SO if you did anything to it

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My cache has been cleared out. Icannot see certain images/avatars. The top banner on the ATSNN page. The red warning box appears as a gey ghost image, but you can still click on it.

Bottom line: I miss that blue line saying some features are disabled....low bandwidth.........NOT!!!!!

Three cheers for SO and crew!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
As mentioned on another post, the color help page in the ATS store has gone missing and I can't remember what the hex code is for peanutbutter-brown.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
my avatar, signature image, other images like the bold ,italic buttons on the posting screen dont show up.

The new server sucks

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy my avatar, signature image, other images like the bold ,italic buttons on the posting screen dont show up. The new server sucks
Hrmmm... Did you try refreshing your browser? All looks okay to me.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm having quite a few problems with images also. I'm using firefox, but they also don't load with IE. I've included a printscreen....

^^click to see^^

I'm also getting an error "The operation timed out when attempting to contact ads.abovetopsecret.com"

Hrmmm....?

Sorry, could not resist. Yes, I've tried refreshing.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Seth76]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Found a clue to what is going on maybe? Both "ads.abovetopsectret.com" and "images.abovetopsecret.com" resolve to the IP 66.98.176.42 from my computer. This IP resolves back to "ns1.denyignorance.com" Is this a DNS problem?

C:\>ping ads.abovetopsecret.com

Pinging ads.abovetopsecret.com [66.98.176.42] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 66.98.176.42:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\>ping images.abovetopsecret.com

Pinging images.abovetopsecret.com [66.98.176.42] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 66.98.176.42:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I AM GETTING TIRED OF BEING IGNORED...
NO ONE HAS OFFERED ANY HELP WITH GETTING MY PASSWORD RESET....
I HAVE U2UED SIMON OVER A WEEK AGO....

i AM STILL HAVEING TO LOG IN WITH THIS TEMP USERNAME....
I HAVE REQUESTED PASSWORD RESET MORE THAN 5 TIMES....(OVER A WEEK AGO).... I WAS VERY NICE THE FIRST 5 TIMES...
NOW I USE CAPITALS.... COMEON.....
I realize that the server glitches require a lot of time.... but comeon... a week with not so much as a "will get to it when i can" . I notice that the CONTACT ATS page is finally working, so i will try that also....
so what is up with all the dead ends.... I thought you could just load the same website onto the new server and have NO changes.....(so why all the major glitches?)....
and more than a little curious about the mass of popups ( when logged in).
I thought logging in would cut most of those out....

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonoflaz

The pop-ups are not on our end, they are on your's. Try getting a spyware remover.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonoflaz
I AM GETTING TIRED OF BEING IGNORED...
NO ONE HAS OFFERED ANY HELP WITH GETTING MY PASSWORD RESET....
I HAVE U2UED SIMON OVER A WEEK AGO....

i AM STILL HAVEING TO LOG IN WITH THIS TEMP USERNAME....
I HAVE REQUESTED PASSWORD RESET MORE THAN 5 TIMES....(OVER A WEEK AGO).... I WAS VERY NICE THE FIRST 5 TIMES...
NOW I USE CAPITALS.... COMEON.....
I realize that the server glitches require a lot of time.... but comeon... a week with not so much as a "will get to it when i can" . I notice that the CONTACT ATS page is finally working, so i will try that also....
so what is up with all the dead ends.... I thought you could just load the same website onto the new server and have NO changes.....(so why all the major glitches?)....

If you have noticed, we advised that the implementation of completely new hardware would cause some weeks of glitches that we are currently dealing with.

If you want to be ignorant so be it, we are doing are best based on necessity first! I have not received a U2U from you, if you request a password change, how can you get angry at at automated system....

Perhaps you are not entering your e-mail address or username correctly.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
The new server sucks

Well, I'd think you are wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
These aren't loading from the homepage:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can the tab buttons

be a little bigger? Some of us (harumph) are getting a little old and squinty-eyed. Thanks for investing in the new server- best of luck to you all!

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
actually that is what i am upset about... an automated system that DOESN"T WORK... and can't be u2ued or contacted to inform it of said defect...
How long before it is fixed, so that it will send me my reset password?
(and yes, i used the correct username and e-mail when i requested it...)(I have requested it many times before the server change with no problem at all)
And i will u2u Simon again, so you can see if it is not working either...
Thanks for finally addressing these issues.... it is hard to not feel lost when you know it is computer limbo that is leaving you hanging....
Did you recieve my "contact ATS" password request also? or is it still not working?
I am not trying to be difficult., but as i have said, i have tried everyway to reach someone who could help, and have not so much as gotten a reply....(UNTIL NOW)... so i apologize that it took using capitals to get noticed... (as you can see, i even addressed this in this forum days ago, with no reply comment by anyone...

and as far as the spyware goes... nope, got search and destroy AND the latest adaware... so shouldn't get any.... (plus i use firefox)

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Found a clue to what is going on maybe? Both "ads.abovetopsectret.com" and "images.abovetopsecret.com" resolve to the IP 66.98.176.42 from my computer. This IP resolves back to "ns1.denyignorance.com" Is this a DNS problem?
C:\>ping ads.abovetopsecret.com
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

I know it is none of by business.
I know this is a couple hours after your post, but I tested it at the time you posted. I was watching my favorite ball team go into double overtime and win, so I waited a bit to post.

1. I can ping and get a reply from both ads.abovetopsectret.com and images.abovetopsecret.com (not saying you can).
2. Can you do a tracert? What is the last router to respond? Who does Whois say that is?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
2. Can you do a tracert? What is the last router to respond? Who does Whois say that is?

tracrt and pathping are useless if I'm resolving the wrong IP address. A better question is, what are images.abovetopsecret.com ads.abovetopsecret.com and uploads.abovetopsecret.com resolving to as IP on your computer? I have even tried using an open DNS server in case it was a problem with my system or my ISP's system. I always get the same thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I would have posted if I saw that you were resolving the wrong IP. My results are.

Reply from 66.98.176.42: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=50
Reply from 66.98.176.42: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=50
Reply from 66.98.176.42: bytes=32 time=61ms TTL=50
Reply from 66.98.176.42: bytes=32 time=60ms TTL=50

Pinging images.abovetopsecret.com [66.98.176.42] with 32 bytes of data
Reply from 66.98.176.42: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=50
Reply from 66.98.176.42: bytes=32 time=60ms TTL=50
Reply from 66.98.176.42: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=50
Reply from 66.98.176.42: bytes=32 time=59ms TTL=50

new topics

top topics