It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco built an outdoor urinal

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: SeaWorthy

On the one hand, the "if you can't beat em, join em" concept is generally the right approach. You govern the willing, so governing folks means finding ways to service the community with the least friction.

On the other hand, God made all of outdoors a urinal. At least, in my opinion. So the exercise in absurdity is amusing, at least to someone from the country.[/quote

I have 2 perfectly functional toilets in my house but some mornings I prefer to stand out on my deck overlooking the Sierra Foothills and let it flow right between the pickets, onto the bushes below. Call me uncivilized but if you can't piss off your own deck in peace, you've never really lived.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

Sierra Foothills and let it flow right between the pickets, onto the bushes below. Call me uncivilized but if you can't piss off your own deck in peace, you've never really lived.

I don't think this equates with a public park.

The whole thing really does as I read along the line somewhere, declare us Men Kings. Women are expected to behave we can own the streets and mark them as our own.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: Tuomptonite

Sierra Foothills and let it flow right between the pickets, onto the bushes below. Call me uncivilized but if you can't piss off your own deck in peace, you've never really lived.

I don't think this equates with a public park.

The whole thing really does as I read along the line somewhere, declare us Men Kings. Women are expected to behave we can own the streets and mark them as our own.

What?

Who determines how women are to behave? Men?

It's still definitely a Man's World - - in who has or think they have positions of authority. But, there are plenty of women living on the streets. They pee too.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have one of those at my cabin, it's called a porch, for only 200 grand I'll let anyone use it.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My house has a single restroom. It was originally built in the 1915 range, and added on to a few times (including someone adding a basement in the 40's). To look at the house it doesn't look as old as it is. We have had it bricked and new siding put on the eaves, etc, etc. But its a single hole.

My backyard, however, makes a wonderful urinal.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's still definitely a Man's World - - in who has or think they have positions of authority. But, there are plenty of women living on the streets. They pee too.

Yes the point I think, Women are not being offer this option are they?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

My house has a single restroom. It was originally built in the 1915 range, and added on to a few times (including someone adding a basement in the 40's). To look at the house it doesn't look as old as it is. We have had it bricked and new siding put on the eaves, etc, etc. But its a single hole.

My backyard, however, makes a wonderful urinal.

Again I don't think the backyard is the same as a PUBLIC park. I have been known to use a bush or two in my yard not wanting to track inside, but it is a very private yard, don't think i would do it otherwise.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

i come from a populace that would be more likely to self police. Which, TBH, is the standard across the nation: authority polices the willing.

We have a public park. You'd probably get away with peeing in the bushes there. Doing it in the middle of the swingset, you'll likely get a ride in the ambulance.

Most of that kind of stuff is a result of a social contract.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

True and here in the US this is a big leap from our norm and accepted public behavior.

I am feeling as though some group is trying hard to change us, to steer us toward lower standards both in protection of children and in behaviors of many sorts.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the option is for anyone.

There is no "men only" sign.

Women don't really expose anything when they pee.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

True and here in the US this is a big leap from our norm and accepted public behavior.

I am feeling as though some group is trying hard to change us, to steer us toward lower standards both in protection of children and in behaviors of many sorts.

Oh please, not "for the children".

There's more people, less space. In the "old days" it was legal to run off society offenders, forcing them into certain areas of their own kind. Or locking them up in horrendous conditions.

They've always been.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr

originally posted by: Tuomptonite
a reply to: Obsrvrplease enlighten me then, on what you would do if there was no proper facility to use and you had an immediate need to relieve yourself? What did your mommy teach you that allows you to ignore your biological functions?

D I S C I P L I N E .

What do you propose people do when they go camping in the mountains like I have done?
I suppose that must be too caveman like?
I suppose roughing it is out of the question for you?

I am guessing your idea of roughing it when camping in the mountains is bringing along your 100 foot RV stacked with every technology known to man?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The barrier is clearly not set for Women.

I guess you don't know what is happening around us today. The Children deserve better.Always for the Children.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

What do you propose people do when they go camping in the mountains like I have done?

Another comparison that doesn't fit. Wilderness to city park.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I can assure you... there will be women using these things lol. There is no prohibition against it, and honestly? No one here really cares who uses it. If we don't want to see it, we just look the other way. Granted I can't speak for everyone. Only those I've encountered, and myself.

And women pee squatting in the park all the time, too. *Gasp shock horror*

Peace.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The barrier is clearly not set for Women.

I guess you don't know what is happening around us today. The Children deserve better.Always for the Children.

I'm a gramma of 3, age 8, 16, 22.

Currently helping raise the 8 year old and his 16 year old sister.

Don't use children as an excuse for something that offends you.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Its hardly a new idea plenty of them across Europe

I would post a picture of me using the one at Pegasus Bridge (France) WWII site but you don't really need to see that

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Okay, Americans are official weird. lol
The funny thing is that you guys seem to think us Brits are reserved!

Public urinals are not new, they've been present all around the world for decades. Here in the UK various cities and towns put out mobile urinals at the weekends, in the middle of the street, because that's far more preferable to dealing with the alternative.

Numerous European cities have these too.

The thing is, you would all probably be complaining too if the gov started using your tax $'s to build new public rest rooms. These things cost maybe a couple of $k to build in comparison to larger structures, and they provide pretty much the same service.

The problem exists, and for various reasons. So would you, as a city, rather spend another couple of million a year on policing to prevent it (while likely not even making a dent in the problem), a few million on larger facilities (which then still need to be monitored and cleaned regularly anyway), or a few hundred thousand on these things?

Common sense.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Don't use children as an excuse for something that offends you.

You can always rely on the paranoid pearl clutching of the idiots, "won't somebody think of the children!!!!"

I can't imagine the kind of mental torment these people deal with in their own heads, they create their own hell internally and project that out into the world and leave the rest of us sane people wondering what the f they're thinking.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Please, what is "happening around us today"?

There have always been sick freaks and there will always be sick freaks. Deal with it, this is life. We already work damn hard as a society to find these individuals and stop them, having urinals out in public makes no damn difference.

I'm inclined to think that such paranoia says more about those who fear everyone is a child abuser than it says about our society.

Once again, the fear doesn't match the paranoia.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join