It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today History has been written: Pope meets in Havana Patriarch of all Russia first time ever.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well today the meeting in the International Airport Jose Marti of La Havana ran remarkably well, the world witnessed an encounter that never occurred before.

It is interesting to see how a Pope with a fresh new approach in the international arena has gotten in just three years of Pontificate what others of his predecessors that worked so much hard for the same goal like H.H. Paul VI with almost 15 or H.H. John Paul II with almost 30 couldn't see reached.

This is definitively a really important success for the diplomatic Agenda of H.H Francis I, a gesture that is sending a message of Hope to a Humanity that is tired of the so poor leadership of the political figures that have boosted the crisis of Ukraine: Angela Merkel, Barack Obama, and Vladimir Putin.

Here the images of the encounter among the two religious leaders:

Historic ecumenical encounter never seen before in 1000 years

Pope meets Russian Patriarch in International Airport of La Havana

The Pope has showed today a great skill of diplomacy that is setting him in a position of unquestionable international leadership and great moral authority to move the Agenda of world peace and Dialog among nations.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 2/12/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well world peace is never going to happen under any man no matter his title or the praise he receives
Sorry one man, Jesus

I see the way you speak of this man as idol worship, according to scripture this man is a dirty vile sinner who deserves death, outside of Christ
I still have not heard why the last leader of thr RC stood down, secrets are not Godly works

Your leader hides to much and has to much, your church and its wealth are no different to tv evangelists in the us
Something here reeks

And the Protestant church is no better, I am a Protestant, I am not delusional

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Is it not odd to anyone that such a historic meeting would have such a lengthy discussion about the persecution of Christians in the Middle East?

Perhaps we are in fact witnessing the groundwork being laid for an actual modern Crusade.

What else would bring two such powerful organizations together after such an immense period of time?

If "Dues Vult" is mentioned by either party in the next year or so, we will truly be witnesses to history.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

"I thought we agreed *NOT* to wear our Big Hats?"

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Dear Raggedyman,

It is a pitty that you forgot as a Protestant one essential Christian virtue before to come to the thread just to insult the effort of two spiritual leaders of the Christendom that are putting aside 1000 years of division and comfrontation to explore paths of Peace in a world so much hurted by conflicts.

No body is worship any man, we are enthusiastically supporting efforts for Peace, it is the Peace what possibly deserves to be worshiped, as one of the principal gifts that comes from God.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Yes 200Plus,

I am totally agreed, the Assyrian Christians one of the most ancient communities of faith of the world are right now under genocide by the evil hand of ISIS, and they are either Catholics or Orthodox depending on what region of Syria or Iraq they are living.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

That's were we disagree
Jesus is the only Christian leader, on earth he was a poor servant

On earth these guys are greedy manipulator so grandstanding their importance

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No sorry Raggedyman, Jesus Christ ordered directly Apostles and disciples, the gospel is extremely straightforward in that aspect, so since the very beginning there was a clearly appointed hierarchy.

So the Apostolic tradition, from which Catholic and Orthodox worlds come, is a continuous line that can be traced back toward the first century.

You can find these reflected on different parts of the New Testament, as for instance:

Matthew 10:2-4, Mark 3:14-19, and Luke 6:13-16

Pls check:

christianity.about.com...

www.patheos.com...

carm.org...

Christianism was not a religion of sects or free interpreters of the scriptures, it had an organization that was established by their very founder. This does not mean that there were no different currents flowing inside it, but diversity is a different thing than anarchy.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Your man is not a servant, he lives and owns more than all these Protestant tv evangelists

But if you want to worship him, please

Oh, we saw what the RCC has accomplished with their blood thirsty line of murderers and thieves, there wars and rebellions, there trading money for sin to build a church.
You will know them by their fruit.

It seems your God is your church, mine is Christ

One clearly appointed hierarchy providing it's the one you accept and we follow, thanks, no thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: meridie
Thank you. Not claiming to be any kind of authority on Eastern Orthodoxy. I just find Patriarch Bartholomew I's position, unique and very compelling.

Absolutely agree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join