It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravitational waves = FLAT EARTH THEORY DIES

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just for posterity sake.

If the earth was just one degree closer to the Sun the earth would be scorched, water vaporised, upper atmosphere sucked out into space and the lower atmosphere unbreathable. Let's say that happened here is what the earth would look like with no water. Without water and an atmosphere the earth would not appear round at all.

I wonder what Jupiter would look like if all the gases were removed?
edit on 12-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
That too. a reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well you see, LIGO is clearly flawed and its measurements inaccurate. Or mainstream science is all a sham anyway, and they are attempting to obscure the truth that the Earth is flat. Or the existence of gravitational waves merely proves that the Earth itself (which is flat) undulates with the waves so correspondingly, that any measurements of them become skewed precisely in the way necessary to draw the implications scientists do... but they're still wrong because it's an illusion! (Sarcasm)

Etc.

There will always be people who believe things that profoundly frustrate. While educating people is a laudable goal, usually in my experience it becomes about trying to "win" rather than spreading knowledge. About an angry, militant inability to simply tolerate the inescapable truth that no matter how well supported or how evidence based... there will be people who reject facts and substitute their own beliefs. Such is human nature.

Everyone else can do what they want, but I've saved a great deal on stress by switching to not expending energy trying to persuade anyone of anything personally. I'll make one comment... or two if they respond directly to me... but beyond that, it's just not worth the time or energy involved. Much less any real frustration or anger. (Which then becomes my problem rather than theirs.)

Peace.
edit on 2/12/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: nobunaga

The earth has been getting flatter since its creation 6,000 years ago give or take.

originally posted by: nobunaga

Ok serious now. I can't help but wonder if people that do things like believe in 'flat earth' are just doing it because they're extreme pranksters and they know it annoys everyone. I find that easier to believe, so that's what I believe

Or who knows, maybe I am just sheltered and naive and haven't been exposed to the true recesses of stupidity some people can crawl into.

I believe you're correct. Some just dig their heels in because they want to be contrary. Or they get a kick out of making people fetch photos or explain scientific theory. They're not interested in science or proof. They just want to make you jump through hoops to prove a point they don't even care about.
edit on 2122016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Suddenly everyone knows how to calculate and prove gravity waves. Welcome to the internet.

What's next, a physics engine upgrade?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I doubt this will convince them though. It will only add to their zeal in believing this is another conspiracy clip

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They just want to make you jump through hoops to prove a point they don't even care about.

I would also add that most people should grow out of this antagonizing behavior after age 3 or 4

edit on 12-2-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Debating a Flat-Earther is meaningless. They have "belief" and are not the least bit interested in anything other than shooting down any and all scientific evidence.

Beware True Believers where ever you come across them, whatever the topic.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Using gravitational waves to disprove flat earth theory is kind of OTT....there are far easier waves.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d

I doubt this will convince them though. It will only add to their zeal in believing this is another conspiracy clip

Maybe you should learn something about lenses on cameras before posting such lousy evidence.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They just want to make you jump through hoops to prove a point they don't even care about.

I would also add that most people should grow out of this antagonizing behavior after age 3 or 4

or at least before they run for office lol.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Curious69

Because???
what makes this lousy evidence?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

well i guess you dont know how camera lenses work either, but its comparable to showing your bodyshape in a hall of mirrors.
look up fisheye lens and check if the world captured through such a lense looks real. and by world i mean anything captured.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Curious69

I don't know how camera lens work either ? Like there's a plethora of things you think I don't understand?

I understand just fine . So tell me why only part of the image is showing this fun house mirror effect. Oh wait CGI .
No photo is above question these days.
In any event I don't require photographic evidence to know the earth isn't flat. I really just wondered what made that photo lousy evidence. Guess my ignorant self has been showed the way.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Well if you dont need photographic evidence thats fine with me, i reacted to a poster who used photographic evidence to
show his point, i told him that the lense used cannot be used as evidence, round concave or flat i dont care that much really
somehow i guess that the original poster that i replied to got the message. you and othes obviously did not.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Curious69

Well if you dont need photographic evidence thats fine with me, i reacted to a poster who used photographic evidence to
show his point, i told him that the lense used cannot be used as evidence, round concave or flat i dont care that much really
somehow i guess that the original poster that i replied to got the message. you and othes obviously did not.

Actually. i would like you to show me exactly how a fish eye lens would make a flat earth curve so much to appear spherical yet not affect anything else to that extreme that is in the foreground. Im guessing you wont be able to.

So, yes, photo evidence should be good enough. And as someone who has been creating photoreal cgi since 1995, i can tel you no one is THAT good. Watch Gravity again, Framestore did a beautiful job on the earth shots, but they don't look 100% real.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

You may be a 3d artist but i guess that your observation skills lacks alot, in the presented video of felix baumgardner and several others where a gopro or simular have been send up with a ballon its clear to see that the image of the earth goes from round to convex as the camera tumbels/rotates if that is not enough to convince you of the extreme manipulation that is achieved with such lenses then i have a bridge for sale.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Curious69

You may be a 3d artist but i guess that your observation skills lacks alot, in the presented video of felix baumgardner and several others where a gopro or simular have been send up with a ballon its clear to see that the image of the earth goes from round to convex as the camera tumbels/rotates if that is not enough to convince you of the extreme manipulation that is achieved with such lenses then i have a bridge for sale.

I never said manipulation is impossible. I said creating 100% real looking cgi of the earth is not. And I'm also aware of how fisheye lenses work and the baumgardner video would not look as it did if the earth was flat. Even with a fishey lens.

Try again. I've been in the cgi industry for over 20 years. My observational skills are just fine and if I may say so myself, sought after by clients.
edit on 16-2-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I never once used cgi in my arguments, i dont know why you feel the need to bring it up? and im not saying that the world is flat, just that using a fisheye to demonstrate thay its not the case is of no use, and if you can make a round object concave with the same lense it must be pretty effective in warping a straight line too.
www.photigy.com... how do you explain this picture with your cgi credentials? i do not assume that its the lens used in the baumgardener video but it clearly shovs what a fisheye is capable of.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
If Flat-Earthers believed in science they already couldn't believe in a flat earth.

I doubt this recent addition of more scientific evidence will do anything to sway any of these wing-nuts.

You have proven with you own words that science is a belief system, a religion.

For people whom wan't to know the truth, belief is not knowing.

Belief is to follow/worship

Knowing > Belief

Do you Know or just belive?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join