It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS notifications extension for Firefox?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is not really a computer problem but more of a browser question.

I sometimes have mail notifications or post replies but don't realize it because I don't have ATS open.

My question is would it be possible to create an extension for Firefox that would pop up a notification telling me that I have replies or mail?

I don't know anything about creating extensions and wondered if someone here would be interested in looking into it.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni
I don't know, but if you open up your Firefox menu you can get a list of existing extensions. Have you tried going down that route?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I searched the Firefox add ons site and all I found was an add-on for Firefox on Android. I even did a web search in case an independent developer had something like that but nothing turned up.

I don't use Firefox on android so I don't know what the extension is. What I would like to have is something I could use on my regular computer.
edit on 2/12/2016 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Why don't you just stay logged into ATS like a lot of us? I've stayed logged in for up to 6 months at times.

Just click it open and another to see...all while doing what you are doing!

2 clicks, never leaving your page. Click-click. Done...and you continue doing what you are at the time.

!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I do stay logged in but I don't always have the ATS window open. I know it doesn't take much to open the window and check the mail. It would be convenient to have a popup notice so I can reply in a timely manner without interrupting what I'm doing every few minutes to check the mailbox.

edit on 2/12/2016 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Understood...the way I suggested became the norm for me 5-6 years back when I realized I was working within multiple windows in the entertainment and editing industries.

Find what works for you! Good luck!

join