It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should vote for who will help the country not our own ideology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Which hypocrisy would that be? You failed to mention it to me

That would be millionaires, and billionaires don't have any CIVIL RIGHTS.

What the mob wants the mob gets at the EXPENSE of the minority.

They don't have civil rights? So why do they have so much influence over national and state politics? I think you just said some blatant hyperbole there.

I'm still curious about this Jewish thing too. Why is Bernie being Jewish a problem?
edit on 12-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
a reply to: neo96

i'm confused on your premise, are you saying that having corporations having to pay a fair share of taxes (Or ANY taxes, in the cases of most of the biggest and richest corporations) is somehow violating their civil rights? Well I guess since corporations are "technically" people now you can make that argument, but it's still a preposterous one.

Do you mean them corporations that are shelling pay roll tax paying for employees social securty, and medicare contributions?

Them same corporations that pay that TAX for employee unemployment insurance.

Them same corporations that pay TAX on their stock dividends.

Then TAXES again HERE, and OFFSHORE.

Them corporations?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

They don't have civil rights? So why do they have so much influence over national and state politics? I think you just said some blatant hyperbole there.

RIght!

They have so much 'lnfluence' according to a senile politician that's been in Washington longer than most of his supporters have been alive.

If you say so.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Jesus Neo, are you scared that people are going to come drain your bank account and take your money? That isn't what is being proposed at all, just a tax adjustment. You can complain that being taxed is "unfair" but you can't claim being taxed is against your civil rights unless you're seriously misunderstanding what your rights actually are.
edit on 12-2-2016 by Slanter because: -ing

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Oh neo... honestly. It's embarrassing.

Listening to the gullibility of Sanders supporters sure has been embarrassing to watch.

I guess it's where that saying 'born last nite' comes from.

Elect Sanders it's gonna be all rain bows and unicorns!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So you are of the opinion that the elite don't have significant influence over politics then?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Flatfish

I wouldn't expect you to have the mental ability to grasp or understand what I'm fixing to say but;

Nice personal attack there Flat.

Glad you liked it!

Just stating the obvious.

link   
There's no point arguing with these people, they honestly believe that if one person was somehow able to amass control over 100% of the worlds wealth and we were all equivalent of the starving kids in Ethiopia, we'd be wrong to want any of their wealth and to take it would be theft and thus wrong. Human suffering be damned.

link   

How would they not have any civil rights?

How dramatic are you?

So they couldn't vote? They would be denied acces to buildings and public locations? They would be forced into slavery? On and on

They would have to pay more taxes. I guess that's the only civil rights there are?

Meanwhile those billionaires are actually influencing bills that actually take civil rights away and lobbying for government handouts all the time.

You have no argument man. Total fail.

There are close to zero actual conservatives left in politics. Just the crappy oligarchy we have now. Which Sanders is speaking out against.
edit on 12-2-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Slanter

I think everyone should be scared to death.

Investors Have Lost $1.78 Trillion so far this Year

Especially the middle class/unions that have IRA's,401's and pensions invested in Wall Street.

That so called income gap would increase exponentially with Sanders.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I just like seeing the mental gymnastics neo goes through to defend his hyperbole and strawmans.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Funny that their Flat.

For the last 5 years I hear LEfT wingers tell me how 'smart' they are.

To date I Still haven't seen it proven.

Hell if I had a nickle every time someone touted their so called 'intellectual' superiority.

I would be an evil billionaire that needs to lose 90% of my income because some senile old WHITE guy says so.
edit on 12-2-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I meant you....

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Do you mean them corporations that are shelling pay roll tax paying for employees social securty, and medicare contributions?

Them same corporations that pay that TAX for employee unemployment insurance.

Them same corporations that pay TAX on their stock dividends.

Then TAXES again HERE, and OFFSHORE.

Them corporations?

Good 'ole Neo, always fighting for the little guy!

LOL

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm not voting for Sanders in the hopes of making more money, i'm voting for sanders in the hopes that corporations won't be able to actually pen laws themselves that are to their advantage, then hand it and a few million dollars off to their cronies in congress to pretend that THEY proposed it. I want to take some of the taxes going towards building weapons of war and maintaining occupations to go towards repairing our country's infrastructure.
edit on 12-2-2016 by Slanter because: bad grammar rant.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Just do us all a favor and don't vote. It will make our job of getting Bernie (and a congress not bought and paid for) elected much easier.

Yea god ol Bernie is running on keeping the pipedream alive. A real mister Smith goes to Washington. What comedy! A good ol sponge, living off the public dole for years, politics, up against the self made evil millionaire.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Actually I am.

Considering the medicare capital gain surtax that is triple taxation of the middle class. See Pensions, and IRA's,401ks, and anytime a person sells their home is a capital gain.

That effects millions of middle class American families.

The alternative minimum tax that was also created even though a person falls in a specific tax bracket has to shell out MORE cash to the state.

That is thousands of SMALL business owners.
edit on 12-2-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

90 percent that's another dramatic number.

If you want to have a good arguement youay want to not be so dramatic.

Sanders needs Congress to pass legislation or else its very easy for the supreme Court to overturn an executive order. Which conservatives use a the time as well.

How was the last Republican with investors? Did he create bailouts? Did he provide cooperate wellfare through grants? Did he trample the right to privacy? Did he go to war without Congress?

What conservative in the last 40 years has been a conservative?

Besides socially which should have no bearing on legislation and is usually used to violate civil rights. For real not just in a hypothesis.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Sure is.

Bernie Sanders Backs Off From Support For A 90 Percent Tax Rate

Sanders was for it until he was 'against' it.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Read my lips no new taxes

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join