It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should vote for who will help the country not our own ideology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This deep into the election season and one thing is certain. This is like no other race in decades. A shake up of 'the establishment' . The underdog is winning..or is he? Is the voice of America being heard or are we all unwillingly playing right into the hands of those who are the 'establishment'. The MSM is on fire with articles about who is best and who is worst. Slamming Trump but no mention of email servers...calling Rubio a robot but not telling you Bernie lived on welfare. Cruz is a flip-flopper but BIll is back on the trail. Cleaning the clock of the GOP and raising the DNC to higher levels.

The crowd is thinning and it is not who we expected in the GOP nor the DNC but is it an accurate representation of who we are not as individuals, but as a country. The DNC is bought and paid for but as they drop in the GOP race the claws are coming out for what will be the final four soon.

To be honest, I do not see ONE candidate who promotes all of my values.Not one. I have my favorites but as we all must do there sometimes becomes a second choice. This second choice is what will decide the election this year. Look at any polling and on both sides there are 20-30% undecided/may not vote opportunities.

Put your emotion and passion for the candidate you love ( I know this is hard for Rand folks) and choose your primary and secondary choice. A choice that would be good for the entire country and not to promote a narrative or tired rhetoric. Look past the MSM portrayals and learn about the candidate for yourself. Put the bullet points down and research. Find out who is best of your country apart from partisan belief.

Who are you for now and have you changed your mind?

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

That is precisely why I am voting for Sanders.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

To be honest, I do not see ONE candidate who promotes all of my values.

ALL of your values? That's a high bar, you got there!

I find one candidate that "promotes" values that I can align myself to, and that's Bernie. The rest are a heap of human dung, in my humble opinion, of course.

edit on 12-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

I feel the same. Bernie is fighting the corruption of the elite. Hillary (and pretty much everyone in the GOP) was bought out by the elite a long time ago.

If we can get Bernie into the White House, our job has just begun. We also have to get rid of those in Congress who will stop him (because they have been paid off by the elite), and put people in who will allow Bernie to do his thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
One person one vote will help best, not super delegates and Electoral 'votes' process.

Get rid of PACs , too.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I agree that we need to put our emotions aside and make this decisions with our heads. I agree with you on something! Wow! I think this is a first!

The DNC AND the RNC are BOTH bought and paid for. I think that's clear. That means that I have to depend, NOT on either party (of which I have NEVER been a member), but on the individual, their track record, and their general alignment with my basic ideals.

I also think a candidate with ALL my values is kind of impossible, unless I was running myself. In all my years (and there are many), I have never known a candidate who promoted ALL my values. In fact, not even very close.

Can you tell me where you heard about Bernie being on welfare? Not that that means anything to me (I've had government assistance myself in my youth) but I'd never heard about that.

I am supporting Bernie Sanders and have been for years. I've admired his consistency and concern for the PEOPLE instead of the MONEY. He has a long history of civil rights activism.

edit on 2/12/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ideology aside, I don't see one candidate that has a plan that will help this country one bit.

The Republicans are nothing more than political trolls who's ideas consist of rhetoric and propaganda directed at their ignorant constituents. What have they proposed that will make this country better-off after Obama?

On the Democrat side, we have Hillary whom happens to be a Lite-Republican that wants to continue the status quo.

And then there is Bernie. I like many of Bernie's ideas but we have to be realistic. He will not be able to get anything done unless the Left can also take back congress. If the GOP continues to control congress Bernie will not be able to get squat done and is forced to work through EO's.

I don't see how any candidate is really going to help this country whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Bernie Sanders is my guy for the same reasons as others.

He's going up against the elite - and he's asking for our help. Hes not pretending he can do it alone and wants to inspire a form of revolution, backed by the people, not just himself.

People have their ills against welfare and federal programs and Healthcare...

But not one person has given me another candidate who will really stand up against the rich, the business and banks.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Good grief people.

Any vote for Sanders or CLinton is a vote for an ideologue.

Any vote for Trump, and company is a vote for an idelogue.

There is not a single person from either right or left has any real thought how to help this country.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

It's pretty clear that you believe that the poor poor GOP candidates are being victimized by the MSM.

Donald Trump doesn't get slammed by the MSM, he says stupid s##t. That's on Donald Trump. The MSM didn't call Rubio a robot, Christie pointed out that he just repeats the same canned responses, exposing his lack of depth — and he wasn't wrong, Rubio WAS repeating himself incessantly. That's not media manipulation either.

We've heard plenty about email servers in the media, we've heard plenty about Benghazi in the media. We even got treated to a whole 10 hour inquisition — well except on Fox, where they turned away when the GOP ploy wasn't bearing the intended fruit. More recently, we've heard plenty about how much Clinton has been paid to speak.

What we don't hear about from the allegedly liberal MSM is what a freaking NUT Ted Cruz is or about how he, Huckabee and Jindal all went to speak at a convention hosted by and for lunatics who believe that there should we should enact the death penalty as punishment for the religious crime of homosexuality.

Why is that? Can you imagine if Democratic candidates had been featured speakers at a conference for people who supported stoning ANYONE AT ALL?

I don't think you even know what the MSM is let alone what they've been promoting. Blaming the media is nothing but pathetic excuse making by the weak.

I'd advise people to watch the debates and make up their minds for themselves.
edit on 2016-2-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That was funny.

I wonder why the CIVIL RIGHTS of them evil billionaires, and rich people are of no consequence to Sanders or his supporters.

I love how social 'justice' works.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm voting for Trump unless, something dramatic happens to change my vote.

Contain the overflow of illegal immigration. Stop the outflow of jobs to other countries. Say No to ill-conceived/illicit govt programs like common core, obamacare. Create an atmosphere of yes we can be great and strong, not weak and crumbling. There is nothing wrong with desiring greatness. In that capacity so much more gets done!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Duh. That's why I'm voting for Bernie Sanders.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Just do us all a favor and don't vote. It will make our job of getting Bernie (and a congress not bought and paid for) elected much easier.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I love it when comments like that are made.

Not really hot for DEMOCRACY eh?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Oh I'm hot for Democracy. That's why I want Bernie to win. He wants a government run for THE PEOPLE, not for the elite.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

That's the whole point of politics - everyone disagrees on what exactly "helps" the country and its people.

To some it's asking those who are the wealthiest to pay more to help out those less fortunate and to share some of their wealth around for the benefit of the country.

To some it means tax breaks to the richest people and huge corporations so that they continue to live, trade, employ and spend money in the country.

To some it's having systems and mechanisms in place to help the most vulnerable and poorest people in society

To some it's about shrinking the state so that people have to stand on their own two feet, survival of the fittest.

To some it's about community and helping and supporting the people around you and around the country and pulling together.

To some it's about looking after yourself and your family and not being bothered and hassled by government or neighbours or anyone.

To some it's about a fair, tolerant, open, respectful and decent society.

To some it's a free-for-all and do and say what you please when you like.

There is no "one way" or "one candidate" to help the country in the eyes of people... because people see the issues differently and have different ethics and morals and needs and desires and levels of compassion and understanding.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have also loved seeing so many people( SAnders supporters) openly lobby for this countries first 'Jewish' Potus.

Er … does Ifill not realize that Sanders was the first Jewish-American to win a major-party primary contest, as Sanders did in New Hampshire on Tuesday?

Incredible

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Oh I'm hot for Democracy. That's why I want Bernie to win. He wants a government run for THE PEOPLE, not for the elite.

After being in Washington for over 25 years he actually whines about it being 'corrupt' !

Priceless.
edit on 12-2-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Vote for the person who you think will represent you and your communities best interests. It's a simple concept

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join