It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
 Why Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote
From the crime bill to welfare reform, policies Bill Clinton
enacted—and Hillary Clinton supported—decimated black America.
By Michelle AlexanderFEBRUARY 10, 2016

Hillary is looking to gain momentum on the campaign trail as the primaries move out of Iowa and New Hampshire and into states like South Carolina, where large pockets of black voters can be found. According to some polls, she leads Bernie Sanders by as much as 60 percent among African Americans. It seems that we—black people—are her winning card, one that Hillary is eager to play.

And it seems we’re eager to get played. Again.

The love affair between black folks and the Clintons has been going on for a long time. It began back in 1992, when Bill Clinton was running for president. He threw on some shades and played the saxophone on The Arsenio Hall Show. It seems silly in retrospect, but many of us fell for that. At a time when a popular slogan was “It’s a black thing, you wouldn’t understand,” Bill Clinton seemed to get us. When Toni Morrison dubbed him our first black president, we nodded our heads. We had our boy in the White House. Or at least we thought we did.
www.thenation.com...

Ok peeps you really need to klik on the link and read the entire article, it is devastating.
But what's more why didn't AA intelligentsia bother to in form us of these facts, it was the far out there fringe AA media that carried stories like this that no one even glanced at, what passes for mainstream AA publications all but fawned over the Clintons , to top it off a number of the congressional Black caucus had just throw in their lot with Hillery ,if so did they know about their true record?? kilk read the article before responding you will never view them in the same way as before.

Just weeks before the critical New Hampshire primary, Clinton proved his toughness by flying back to Arkansas to oversee the execution of Ricky Ray Rector, a mentally impaired black man who had so little conception of what was about to happen to him that he asked for the dessert from his last meal to be saved for him for later. After the execution, Clinton remarked, “I can be nicked a lot, but no one can say I’m soft on crime.”

In her support for the 1994 crime bill, for example, she used racially coded rhetoric to cast black children as animals. “They are not just gangs of kids anymore,” she said. “They are often the kinds of kids that are called ‘super-predators.’ No conscience, no empathy. We can talk about why they ended up that way, but first we have to bring them to heel.”
www.thenation.com...

think we could be well served if mainstream Black media had educated the rest of us way earlier

edit on 12-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Great find!!! The Black mainstream media is just a segment of the larger Mainstream Media, which is currently being controlled by the establishment. Papa Clinton looks as black as he needs too, but his wife might not look as much like Beyonce as she might think.

Regardless of race, one should educate themselves and be cautious of anything tied to lots of money.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Race, colour and creed aside, Hillary might be a witch but she is certainly the lesser of two evils when one takes in to account the competition.

If Trump manages to pull the proverbial wool over the American publics opinion and becomes potus the damage he will do could quite possibly be insurmountable considering his feelings regarding Mexicans, Muslims and people of the black persuasion.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Race, colour and creed aside, Hillary might be a witch but she is certainly the lesser of two evils when one takes in to account the competition.

If Trump manages to pull the proverbial wool over the American publics opinion and becomes potus the damage he will do could quite possibly be insurmountable considering his feelings regarding Mexicans, Muslims and people of the black persuasion.

Maybe I won't have to make that terrible choice between her and Trump, if Bernie wins.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that article. Interesting that she doesn't speak too highly of Sanders either, but if you look at the comments, there were many who disagreed with her on selling Sanders short.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

If i had a vote it would be for Bernie Sanders.

He is getting rather long in the tooth all the same, if he does get in hopefully he will be able to do some good before the senility kicks in.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No need to bring race into it , she doesn't deserves anyone’s vote.

She has demonstrated herself how miserable she has failed in Washington with her robotic "I took on ______ industry" dream speeches.

Well guess what, those same industry who are donating to her and she claims to have taken on are STILL a cluster F##k for the general populations. So she FAILED and Claims a WIN?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The mainstream media routinely called Bill Clinton "Americas first black president."

To say the media fawns over that ridiculous family would be an understatement of the highest order...

*****Sidenote regarding the media and democratic establishment: Bill Clinton predated upon a child barely out of her teens and continues to be deified by the old guard...

To the ops point, it astonishes me that Hillary feels entitled to the black vote simply for being a democrat...
If the working class(black, white, Latino, Asian, or otherwise) has any sense they will not vote for Hillary...she is an absolute economic catastrophe in waiting...

Jeebus, i hate that I'm about to spout a platitude but America needs a change.....and Hillary is the exact opposite of what America needs...

-Christosterone

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Billy deserves absolutely not a tucking fing!!!! She's under investigation by the FBI! She is a nut job for even thinking she has a. Hance in hell of winning!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

No need to bring race into it , she doesn't deserves anyone’s vote.

She has demonstrated herself how miserable she has failed in Washington with her robotic "I took on ______ industry" dream speeches.

Well guess what, those same industry who are donating to her and she claims to have taken on are STILL a cluster F##k for the general populations. So she FAILED and Claims a WIN?

It shouldn't be about race, but the title is from the article and demographics matters ie ethnics as well as gender and right this min she have a lock on certain voting block going fwd who think they owe her and her husband loyalty.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Yeah I agree with you. I just can't understand how anyone can't see through her B$?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I am admittedly not reading the links or quotes you provided; I'm only going to make a comment.

No one "deserves" the vote of any segment of a population just because they all share the same skin color. There are as many ideological differences within the black population as there is in the general population of the America, albeit maybe at different ratios. But my point is that the black population--same as the white, Asian, Hispanic, and any other population grouped by skin color or culture--is full of individuals who think for themselves.

There is no "deserving" of a vote. You earn a vote...and not because of someone's skin color.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I read the article.

I just find it comical that many in the black community are now starting to look critically at leftist policies and their actual effect. Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Jason Riley, Shelby Steele, and many other black conservatives have been trying to tell black folks that liberals are not our friends only to be called Uncle Toms, etc.

There is a laundry list of how Democrats continually take advantage of the black vote but then implement policies that go against what the black community really needs. Everything from school choice to immigration. As I mentioned in the other thread about the CBC, a large number of black Democrat politicians are nothing but bojangling con artists who are more interested in enriching themselves at the expense of the black community. Their job is to corral the black vote to support liberal Democrat policies and in return, they get to enrich themselves even if those policies are not beneficial to the black community.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well said.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
No democrat 'deserves' the black vote.

All they do is what they call negative reinforcement.

For decades all the D's too is tell them how 'oppressed' they are.

How 'racist' everyone is.

That people is 'institutionalized racism.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I am admittedly not reading the links or quotes you provided; I'm only going to make a comment.

No one "deserves" the vote of any segment of a population just because they all share the same skin color. There are as many ideological differences within the black population as there is in the general population of the America, albeit maybe at different ratios. But my point is that the black population--same as the white, Asian, Hispanic, and any other population grouped by skin color or culture--is full of individuals who think for themselves.

There is no "deserving" of a vote. You earn a vote...and not because of someone's skin color.

The problem is the black community is very monolithic when it comes to politics. Something like 90-95% of blacks vote for Democrats in damn near every election. This is a huge glaring weakness in terms of political power. While there are certainly varying view points within the black community, many won't vote for Republicans due to peer pressure even if the polices might be more in line with their needs. In addition, Democrats have become very deft at branding conservatives as racist which tends to outweigh any policy distinction in the minds of blacks. In other words, typical black logic is even if Republicans represent 90% of what I believe policy wise, I am not voting for them because they are racist...

Democrats know they are going to get the black vote regardless and Republicans have no need for the black vote so black people are left with no political power because neither party makes the black community's needs a priority. Democrats get the vote even if the don't deliver policy wise and Republicans ignore the black community. We are left with NOTHING.

What needs to happen is that the black vote should be split so that both parties have to make our needs part of the larger agenda.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I read the article.

I just find it comical that many in the black community are now starting to look critically at leftist policies and their actual effect. Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Jason Riley, Shelby Steele, and many other black conservatives have been trying to tell black folks that liberals are not our friends only to be called Uncle Toms, etc.

There is a laundry list of how Democrats continually take advantage of the black vote but then implement policies that go against what the black community really needs. Everything from school choice to immigration. As I mentioned in the other thread about the CBC, a large number of black Democrat politicians are nothing but bojangling con artists who are more interested in enriching themselves at the expense of the black community. Their job is to corral the black vote to support liberal Democrat policies and in return, they get to enrich themselves even if those policies are not beneficial to the black community.

I am a Liberal based off positions I hold, that doesn't mean I can't tell one con from another, and I don't throw around the term Tom loosely , for that have to fit certain set of criteria for me not just based off differences of opinion or world view, none of the above meets my definition of a Tom but people like pastors Peterson and Mannings do, even though Mannings have his moments and can be funny.
edit on 12-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

What needs to happen is that the black vote should be split so that both parties have to make our needs part of the larger agenda.

Ah Divide and conquer, again?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Clinton's party is the master at identity politics.

The hypenated american name.

Pitting people of one color against another color.

Pitting people with means against those that don't.

Pretty hard to cast that stone against a Democrat critic.
edit on 12-2-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: Edumakated

Ah Divide and conquer, again?

The cold in Alaska is affecting your ability to think logically. You completely missed my point about political power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join